Sponsored by:

Boom! Audio headsets

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2017 | 05:08 PM
Srwallace66111
|
Stage II
Default Boom! Audio headsets

Is there a way when i'm talking on the phone using the headset to hear the person through the earpieces vs over the bike speakers?

Old 04-09-2017 | 05:59 PM
JeremyHagen68
Outstanding HDF Member

yes you go into setup and under communication I think it was and you can switch from bike speakers or headset speakers at least on the 6.5 boom radio. hope that helps!!

The following users liked this post:
Srwallace66111 (04-10-2017)
Old 04-09-2017 | 07:41 PM
Hammz
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force

Originally Posted by Srwallace66111
Is there a way when i'm talking on the phone using the headset to hear the person through the earpieces vs over the bike speakers?

Last edited by Hammz; 04-09-2017 at 07:44 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Srwallace66111 (04-10-2017)
Old 04-10-2017 | 07:59 AM
Srwallace66111
|
Stage II

I changed the options but haven't tested it out yet. Thanks for your help!

Old 04-10-2017 | 10:04 AM
benningtonr
Cruiser

Just a thought, I use mine on occasion, but not very often, It would be a nice feature add if the radio could detect when you had your headset connected. Then it would route what you wanted , to the head set, other wise it would default to the speakers. I know it is easy and not that big of an issue, but just thinking out loud.

Old 04-10-2017 | 10:41 AM
Mickeetwo
Advanced
Veteran: Army

Originally Posted by benningtonr
Just a thought, I use mine on occasion, but not very often, It would be a nice feature add if the radio could detect when you had your headset connected. Then it would route what you wanted , to the head set, other wise it would default to the speakers. I know it is easy and not that big of an issue, but just thinking out loud.
I've thought the same thing....doesn't make sense why it would not do that.

Old 04-10-2017 | 12:12 PM
Hammz
Grand HDF Member

I would still want the option menu. I run my music to the speakers & comms/prompts to the headset. Any software that auto detects & switches my outputs based on whether I have a headset plugged in or not would just pi$$ me off, so if they add this, they'll need another menu item to disable that feature.

Old 04-10-2017 | 02:36 PM
benningtonr
Cruiser

I agree, not a fan of switching without asking either, a simple radio button to turn the feature on, or off would fix that issue. On, if you have a headset plugged in, it takes your pre selected settings. Off and you plug your head set in, it does nothing. I am not a programmer, but the theory seems simple enough.

Old 04-10-2017 | 02:58 PM
Hammz
Grand HDF Member

I agree, not a fan of switching without asking either, a simple radio button to turn the feature on, or off would fix that issue. On, if you have a headset plugged in, it takes your pre selected settings. Off and you plug your head set in, it does nothing. I am not a programmer, but the theory seems simple enough.
They used to have that hardware switch. They got rid of it & now do it in software. In either case, the owner has to set a switch. I see little to be gained by complicating the situation by using a hardware detection algorithm to force a different setting that the owner needs to select again with another software switch to override the hardware detection setting.

I understand the concept & I'm sure it could easily be done. But why? That Infotainment system is already too complicated for most casual riders to figure out/remember w/o adding the additional complexities needed to make it work both manually & w/auto-detect. Then again, I suppose casual riders would think there was something broke & want a replacement 6.5GT if it didn't work the way they expect it should? IDK, but I'm happy w/o the auto-detect headset algorithm.

Old 04-10-2017 | 04:18 PM
jjones434
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Mickeetwo
I've thought the same thing....doesn't make sense why it would not do that.
Maybe it is stupid question but how do you talk to someone on the phone if you don't have the headset plugged in? I don't see any benefit of playing the phone call through the speakers on the bike.

Quick Reply: Boom! Audio headsets