Sponsored by:

New BOOM amp , no sound when switch on acc but radio is on

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2017, 05:28 PM
Robtarra39
Road Warrior
Received 52 Likes on 44 Posts
Default New BOOM amp , no sound when switch on acc but radio is on

So i had the dealer install my BOOM amp on my 2016 FLHXS with stage one front and rear tour pack speakers, funny thing is radio works fine when ignition is switched to ON but when i turn ignition to ACC radio is playing but no sound.

i read somewhere there is a Y adapter PN 69200921 that is needed but not included and is not mentioned in the instructions and goes into plug #299, i wonder if this adapter will solve the ACC no sound issue

sure could use some help with this

Old 03-22-2017, 09:31 PM
Robtarra39
Road Warrior

Anyone please

Old 03-23-2017, 12:56 AM
82ndJumper
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Sorry no help from me, I'll bump this for you.

Old 03-23-2017, 03:49 AM
Hammerhead59
Banned
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

This is a actually an easy one. The amp requires two different power wires. The first is the main power that comes from the fuse block, the second is a wire under the fairing called the amp"power on" wire. The "power on" wire signals the amp to turn on. When your dealer wired up the amp they used the wrong "power on" wire (same mistake my dealer did). They used the fendertip power wire, not the accessory power. This fendertip power wire is meant for lighting accessories like the fender tip light or the light ring that goes around the main headlight, where you wouldn't want power on in accessory mode. These power wires look exactly the same but are located in different places under the fairing.

Here is how to find each of them and tell them apart. With the fairing off looking at the front of the bike, the fendertip power wire is in the lower right (drivers side if you will). The power on wire for your amp is on the top left. You need to use the wire in the top left and your amp will now turn on in accessory mode. If my memory serves me, both wires are black and purple.

Hope that helps.

Old 03-23-2017, 05:09 AM
Robtarra39
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Hammerhead59
This is a actually an easy one. The amp requires two different power wires. The first is the main power that comes from the fuse block, the second is a wire under the fairing called the amp"power on" wire. The "power on" wire signals the amp to turn on. When your dealer wired up the amp they used the wrong "power on" wire (same mistake my dealer did). They used the fendertip power wire, not the accessory power. This fendertip power wire is meant for lighting accessories like the fender tip light or the light ring that goes around the main headlight, where you wouldn't want power on in accessory mode. These power wires look exactly the same but are located in different places under the fairing.

Here is how to find each of them and tell them apart. With the fairing off looking at the front of the bike, the fendertip power wire is in the lower right (drivers side if you will). The power on wire for your amp is on the top left. You need to use the wire in the top left and your amp will now turn on in accessory mode. If my memory serves me, both wires are black and purple.

Hope that helps.
Thx for the rely, i will check it out, do you know what color/size the connector is that i should be looking for?

Old 03-23-2017, 05:43 AM
Tn.Heritage
Grand HDF Member
Received 184 Likes on 132 Posts

Why not take it back to the dealer and explain what Hammerhead said, since the dealer messed it up let them take care of it.

Old 03-23-2017, 07:34 AM
JimTJr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 74 Likes on 52 Posts

YOU HAD THE DEALER DO THE INSTALL,, make them fix it? Also, feel glad you're not getting bashed for going to Boom II.... LOL
Sheesh, if I install something, then I try to fix it. If the dealer screwed it up,, HOWEVER it may have been by design. If you plan on playing your radio on acc for entertainment, you may have issues. Our batteries are NOT that good,, and the amp very likely can drain it in a short time..... only time I use acc on mine is if I'm filling up at the gas pump and want to hear it play, (or show off with it), I get tons of compliments on it from non bikers, WOW, Motorcycles have stereos like that? (180w x 4) 100w RMS. ,,,, see sig and click on link if you care what it sounds like....

Old 03-23-2017, 09:26 AM
Hammerhead59
Banned
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

The attached image is of an extender wire/splitter for the 2 accessory powers under the fairing. The main harness power wires look identical under the fairing.

Like I said, you will find one of these down in the lower right, and one up in the upper left of Rushmore bikes. Your bike is wired to the lower right now, needs to be moved to the upper left.

Attached Thumbnails New BOOM amp , no sound when switch on acc but radio is on-capture.png  
Old 03-23-2017, 03:55 PM
Robtarra39
Road Warrior

this weekend i will pull the front fairing and take a look at how it is wired, still cold up here and its warming up just enough to go to the shed and take a peek

Old 03-23-2017, 05:49 PM
Robtarra39
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Hammerhead59
The attached image is of an extender wire/splitter for the 2 accessory powers under the fairing. The main harness power wires look identical under the fairing.

Like I said, you will find one of these down in the lower right, and one up in the upper left of Rushmore bikes. Your bike is wired to the lower right now, needs to be moved to the upper left.
In the picture i attached is it connector 9, what connector goes into it, sorry for all the stupid questions, but dealer who installed it said they never seen this before and even called there tech net and found nothing

Attached Thumbnails New BOOM amp , no sound when switch on acc but radio is on-connectors.png  

Quick Reply: New BOOM amp , no sound when switch on acc but radio is on