Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do I need EFI Tuner from Fuel Moto?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2017 | 09:16 AM
ejvette
|
Outstanding HDF Member
Default Do I need EFI Tuner from Fuel Moto?

Getting mixed answers on this I'm in the process of installing a stock head pipe with the Cat removed and I have a Precision Machine A/C and two sets of pipes to choose from I have a set of V & H Monster Ovals and I have a set HD Stock CVO pipes. I have heard that since its a "Closed Loop" system that the computer will automatically adjust for these changes and there is no need to add a FM EFI tuner with a custom map. Opinions ?

Old 02-08-2017 | 09:24 AM
dixonk
Extreme HDF Member

You should ideally use a tuner. Consensus seems once cat is removed tuner is ideal. Once air intake is modified on top of that you need to tune. Besides why do the mods if you don't want the full potential?

Old 02-08-2017 | 09:29 AM
ejvette
|
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by dixonk
You should ideally use a tuner. Consensus seems once cat is removed tuner is ideal. Once air intake is modified on top of that you need to tune. Besides why do the mods if you don't want the full potential?
I want the bike to run the best it can so if I need a tuner to do that I will buy one but if I dont need the tuner all the better hence thats why I'm asking !

Old 02-08-2017 | 09:37 AM
T^2
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by ejvette
I want the bike to run the best it can so if I need a tuner to do that I will buy one but if I dont need the tuner all the better hence thats why I'm asking !
Opinions vary, but some would say, no matter the setup or configuration, to get the most/best performance out of it, you probably need to look into scheduling some dyno time. Some folks will also say that results can be mixed when getting dyno work done. It depends if you can find somebody that really knows what they're doing vs. encountering a hack.

Old 02-08-2017 | 10:15 AM
lazybee
Tourer

Get you a FP3. Inexpensive, very user friendly. After putting one on my bike, I thought I was riding someone else's bike. What a difference! The best money I've spent.

Old 02-08-2017 | 10:30 AM
dixonk
Extreme HDF Member

Another great thing about buying a tuner from FM is in the future when you further mod the bike they provide free maps for your tuner you decide on.

The following 2 users liked this post by dixonk:
BrownSanta (02-08-2017), kcblaze (02-12-2017)
Old 02-08-2017 | 11:09 AM
Tanker2
Road Captain

I agree on the FP3 from Vance & Hines. If you have a smart phone only way to go. I tuned my 2015 Limited that way and was really easy. Then I autotuned it and uploaded the map to V&H and they tweaked it a little. Downloaded it back to my phone. Loaded it in the bike and have used it ever since. Having them look at your map is in my opinion almost like having it dynoed. I don't care to have some shop running the crap out of my bike on a dyno. And that will probably cost you more then the FP3. Go to Vance & Hines website and read about them. Really cool.

Old 02-08-2017 | 01:40 PM
RandyL
Road Captain

Fuel Moto has a sale on the Power Vision for $399.

Old 02-08-2017 | 04:29 PM
ejvette
|
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by RandyL
Fuel Moto has a sale on the Power Vision for $399.
Don't you think the Power Vision is kinda overkill for the average guy with a free flow exhaust and a A/C ? I would be thinking the micro tuner and a map for $199.

Old 02-08-2017 | 05:59 PM
dixonk
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by ejvette
Don't you think the Power Vision is kinda overkill for the average guy with a free flow exhaust and a A/C ? I would be thinking the micro tuner and a map for $199.
PV is good if he wants to be able to use the screen for auto tuning sessions or plans on serious modding later. I have one and to be honest I could have gotten away with the micro tuner. I never run with the PV hooked up.

The following users liked this post:
ejvette (02-08-2017)

Quick Reply: Do I need EFI Tuner from Fuel Moto?