Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chrome Front End

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2017, 09:43 AM
crimson13
Elite HDF Member
Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

I have the Harley front no complaints, but I will say this WS stuff is awesome. I have seen their chrome work in person and side by side WS is better and more detailed

Old 01-29-2017, 08:43 PM
snipit
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 11,274 Likes on 4,542 Posts

I used Harley's on my last two bikes, so I went with them again on the Trike. I know a lot of people have had good luck with the ebay vendors but I knew the Harley parts would fit right.

Old 01-29-2017, 09:40 PM
Baeseman1
Elite HDF Member
Received 99 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by dixonk
You bring up a good point about the wear and tear aspect. For some one that is very **** about the condition of my stuff I may sleep better at night spending the extra money.
I'm in the same boat, but I bought a set of take-offs and sent them to Sport Chrome for the exchange. Super happy with what I received and the tear down / install was pretty straight forward. (I upgraded to Legend Axeo at the same time) Placed an order from Boardtracker for misc items (cow bells, axle covers, seal kits) and still came out WAY ahead verses the HD kit.

I have about 1,000 (yes, one thousand) miles on my take off stock lowers. If you're interested in my stock lowers, send me a PM. If I have to ship them, might as well ship them to Sport Chrome (or your exchange place of choice) and get the ball rolling.

Originally Posted by Sport Chrome
Here is a link to buy them from us on our website. I just made a coupon code to save forum members another $20. Use code "HDFmemberforks" at checkout. Let me know if you have any questions.

https://shop.sportchrome.com/collect...ant=4081701701

Old 01-29-2017, 10:13 PM
dixonk
Extreme HDF Member

Received 7,508 Likes on 3,579 Posts

Originally Posted by Baeseman1
I'm in the same boat, but I bought a set of take-offs and sent them to Sport Chrome for the exchange. Super happy with what I received and the tear down / install was pretty straight forward. (I upgraded to Legend Axeo at the same time) Placed an order from Boardtracker for misc items (cow bells, axle covers, seal kits) and still came out WAY ahead verses the HD kit.

I have about 1,000 (yes, one thousand) miles on my take off stock lowers. If you're interested in my stock lowers, send me a PM. If I have to ship them, might as well ship them to Sport Chrome (or your exchange place of choice) and get the ball rolling.
I will add them to my research. Still leaning towards the HD kit for the convenience and new factor. Have 2 more weeks before I come back stateside. Boardtracker has the kit for a bit over 400 bucks which might offset a bit and then I can probably sell my take offs to make up the difference.

Thinking I will just put some heavier fork oil instead of buying the premium front suspension. I am afraid of making the front end too harsh...OK roads sure do suck.

Old 01-30-2017, 05:15 AM
Covert Olds
Road Captain
Received 109 Likes on 71 Posts

I contemplated with exchanging mine but was concerned about any issues with quality/warranty issues. Bought mine at my local dealer for the same price as Boardtracker. Installed them myself and if l have any issues, it's a 15 minute journey to the dealer.

Old 01-30-2017, 05:22 AM
dixonk
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by Covert Olds
I contemplated with exchanging mine but was concerned about any issues with quality/warranty issues. Bought mine at my local dealer for the same price as Boardtracker. Installed them myself and if l have any issues, it's a 15 minute journey to the dealer.
How did you talk dealer into matching boardtracker? Best I can get is a 10% military from mine. That basically just kills the tax.

Old 01-30-2017, 05:30 AM
Covert Olds
Road Captain

How did you talk dealer into matching boardtracker? Best I can get is a 10% military from mine. That basically just kills the tax.
I've got a great relationship with the parts manager. He always says "welcome to Boardtracker Harley Davidson" when l walk up to the counter.

Old 01-30-2017, 05:31 AM
dixonk
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by Covert Olds
I've got a great relationship with the parts manager. He always says "welcome to Boardtracker Harley Davidson" when l walk up to the counter.
Mine are great guys and know me well but I don't think they are hard up enough for business. I will give it a shot though.

Old 02-01-2017, 05:59 PM
dixonk
Extreme HDF Member

Wow did I get lucky. Was creeping around eBay and found a NIB HD chrome front end kit for auction with 11 hours left. Starting bid was 249 bucks so I thought I would try. I ended up winning with 249 bucks! Can't complain about 50% off.

Old 02-01-2017, 06:27 PM
Covert Olds
Road Captain

wow did i get lucky. Was creeping around ebay and found a nib hd chrome front end kit for auction with 11 hours left. Starting bid was 249 bucks so i thought i would try. I ended up winning with 249 bucks! Can't complain about 50% off.
score!

Quick Reply: Chrome Front End