Sponsored by:

Seat question for those with seats that push you back

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2017, 12:25 PM
Saddlemen
Former Sponsor
Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Mxdad
Just picked up a 17 RGU, I am a tall guy 6'7" so will be doing some mods to make things fit better, one of those is the seat. I have several seat options that will push me back 1.5-2 inches and I know that will make a difference for me. My question is for those that ride 2 up and have gone with a seat that put the rider further back what does that do to the space in the passenger compartment. My wife tells me she has plenty of room now and feels that if I come back 1-2" she will still be fine so I may be over thinking this. Just want to hear from others that have gone with 2 up seats pushing the rider back if their passenger felt it cut into space on the passenger seat
We have a brand new seat that is 2'' back from the stock position while still offering plenty of passenger room - it is our Road Sofa LS Extended Reach. It isn't even on our website yet that's how new it is. The dimensions are 16.5 from the nose to the lumbar , 15.5 wide , Lumbar height is 5.5 , Passenger length is 13 , 13 wide and overall length is 31. Message me if you'd like some additional information on it , I'd be happy to help you.

The following users liked this post:
BezerkoBob (02-01-2017)
Old 01-30-2017, 10:59 PM
slowrollin
Road Master
Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

I like the Hammock seat. It gives the wife good room. I also had the Kuryakin tour pak relocator on my previous back, although I found that after about 3 years of use, it was easier for it to slide while riding. She loved how far back went though. Tour Pak on this bike is detachable so I can't use the Kuryakin anymore. Now, I running the Police Seat and Mustang Pillion. She hasn't ridden the Mustang yet, so we'll so how that goes. The Police is the most comfortable seat I've ever ridden. Give's my long legs plenty of room and a very comfortable riding position.

Old 01-31-2017, 12:39 AM
aqua754
Cruiser
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

I previously had on my FatBoy, a Mustang 2-up Vintage Touring seat. I loved it so much, I bought the same version, the 79538, with the optional backrest for my FLHXS. Quality and comfort is unsurpassed, according to my butt. I am 6' tall, moved me back 1.75 in and up slightly for a very comfortable ride. Mustang direct lets you try the seat for 10 days.

Old 01-31-2017, 06:04 PM
todd-67
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3,407 Likes on 1,593 Posts

I am a mustang fan. They move you back and to me very comfortable

Old 02-01-2017, 01:59 PM
Saddlemen
Former Sponsor

Just picked up a 17 RGU, I am a tall guy 6'7" so will be doing some mods to make things fit better, one of those is the seat. I have several seat options that will push me back 1.5-2 inches and I know that will make a difference for me. My question is for those that ride 2 up and have gone with a seat that put the rider further back what does that do to the space in the passenger compartment. My wife tells me she has plenty of room now and feels that if I come back 1-2" she will still be fine so I may be over thinking this. Just want to hear from others that have gone with 2 up seats pushing the rider back if their passenger felt it cut into space on the passenger seat
MXDad - have you seen our Road Sofa LS? We just released an extended reach version that may be just what you are looking for. The lumbar is 2 inches back from stock while the passenger area is still 13 inches long. The extended reach Road Sofa is so new it hasn't made it to our website yet but if you are interested in talking options etc. please message us here or give us a call at 800 397 7709. Thanks!

Old 02-08-2017, 01:36 PM
Stretchman
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 222 Likes on 140 Posts
Old 02-15-2017, 06:35 PM
2002eguc
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have a 16 RGU and considering a new seat as well but a seat is lower on the wish list. I put 13" apes on and my riding position changed to where I don't feel as cramped in the legs. Where I used to pretty much recline on my 02 Ultra Classic I sit more upright now on the RGU with the new bars. With my backrest and the more upright angle of the apes, my hips seem to rotate back some giving me more leg room (if that makes since). All i know is I'm loving the Road 6 Custom bars. Very comfortable for me with feet on the boards or the highway pegs. AND no more upper back pain!!

Last edited by 2002eguc; 02-15-2017 at 06:42 PM.
Old 02-16-2017, 08:47 AM
QNman
Supporter
Received 3,717 Likes on 1,991 Posts

Originally Posted by Saddlemen
MXDad - have you seen our Road Sofa LS? We just released an extended reach version that may be just what you are looking for. The lumbar is 2 inches back from stock while the passenger area is still 13 inches long. The extended reach Road Sofa is so new it hasn't made it to our website yet but if you are interested in talking options etc. please message us here or give us a call at 800 397 7709. Thanks!
Any chance you could post a picture?

Old 02-16-2017, 12:50 PM
Saddlemen
Former Sponsor

I can share a photo with you for sure , to the eye it looks the same as our standard Road Sofa LS. I'd be happy to email you some photo's I have ( that aren't our official photos but cell phone photo's). Email me at bcates@saddlemen.com and I will share them with you. Thanks for asking!
Buster / Saddlemen

Old 12-08-2017, 05:29 PM
Bigstakz
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hello

so which seat did you end up with?

Quick Reply: Seat question for those with seats that push you back