Sponsored by:

Beach Bars on a Rushmore Roadglide

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2016, 03:25 AM
Custardglide
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Beach Bars on a Rushmore Roadglide

Still thinking of changing my Eglide to a Roadking OR a Roadglide, one of the reasons is I'd like a set of Beach or Bikini bars on. I HAVE done a search on Beach Bars for Roadglide and it came back with a few and they was pre-Rushmore, HOWEVER when I went to the makers website it said they would'nt fit Roadglides. Being here in the UK we don't have the option of trying this or the other as most Bars have to come from the states and that is a lot of time and money, so they have to fit FIRST time, so I guess I'm putting it out there for Beach Bar options for the Rushmore Roadglide and some pictures would be great.

Cheers Ady

Old 12-19-2016, 06:48 AM
Darrell07FLHR
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I just don't think you are going to have much luck with beach bars on a bike with a frame mounted fairing .
Have you found photos of Roadglides with beach bars ?
I have seen the brackets that are being used to lower the fairing a few inches in the " 180 front tire thread " . Maybe lowering the fairing would give the clearance you need .
Some handle bar manufactures will show the dimension of their bars , could you do a mock up with maybe some copper pipe thats similar in diameter and easy to bend ?
My opinion is that the frame mounted fairing is going to make low , wide beach bars about as difficult as possible and take all the fun out of the experience of customizing your bike .

Old 12-19-2016, 11:41 AM
Custardglide
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes I've just googled a few (and there is only a few) images with beach bars on a Roadglide and one of them has the Chubbys WO 550's on it (the ones I would like to fit), but it's not the Rushmore glide and it does not say anything about clearance issues. I could at a push settle on the OE bars, but I definitely DON'T want apes of any size on it, (should I get one).