Sponsored by:

My navigator again

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2016, 08:08 PM
smokingjoe
Road Captain
Received 113 Likes on 81 Posts
Default My navigator again

I thought I had the navigator on my 16 Limited figured out but I guess not, I just can not get any audible except when i put in a destination it sez [aubile] calculating location, so it does get audible, but thats it, when I'm on the road no more audible prompts ?
No next exit ect.nada ? I got the settings adjusted right for speakers but I don't know exactly what its supposed to do, owners manual is kinda vauge about exactly what it really does do.
Maybe thats all it does ? I got a speaker/microphone to plug in Im going to try and see if I can get more audible prompts that way.
My question is what does it do on your bike ? I rarely use it except i like to punch the go home button when I get deep in the back roads of the Tx Hill country.
Best/joe

PS Radio works thru the speakers perfect, I just had the 1K service done and the dealer updated the infotainment center. I think it is I just don't know how to use it because I really don't know what it does and don't do ?

Last edited by smokingjoe; 11-27-2016 at 08:11 PM.
Old 11-27-2016, 09:06 PM
bigdumbnoitall00
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 670 Likes on 534 Posts

u also have to adjust the volume seperalty? it does give me turn by turn gives the turn in 1000 feet turn in?? turn now. although it will sometimes say left when it is supposed to be a right. there is a button u can push(can't remember off my head with one) to make it tell ya the next turn u can adjust the gps volume when it is giving the directions.

The following users liked this post:
smokingjoe (11-28-2016)
Old 11-27-2016, 09:18 PM
Beertapper
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by bigdumbnoitall00
u also have to adjust the volume seperalty? it does give me turn by turn gives the turn in 1000 feet turn in?? turn now. although it will sometimes say left when it is supposed to be a right. there is a button u can push(can't remember off my head with one) to make it tell ya the next turn u can adjust the gps volume when it is giving the directions.
The REPEAT button in top right corner of screen when navigating. Select it and quickly volume up on handle bar to adjust nav volume.

smokingjoe (11-28-2016)
Old 11-27-2016, 09:25 PM
CVO SG
Road Warrior
Received 252 Likes on 205 Posts

One of the recent updates, couple months ago, corrected the wrong direction

smokingjoe (11-28-2016)
Old 11-27-2016, 10:18 PM
Pass Rider
Road Captain
Received 56 Likes on 33 Posts

This happened to me and what I found out was that the volume for the gps is set separately from the music volume. The solution for me was to put in a destination, make certain the music is on. Then when the music stops, use the joystick to turn the gps volume up.

Don't know if that is your problem but it worked for me.

smokingjoe (11-28-2016)
Old 11-28-2016, 05:17 AM
Dsm Limited
Club Member
Received 9,464 Likes on 3,226 Posts

It sounds like to me, that the audio settings are fine. If you can hear " calculating route".

My thought is this. After you hear that prompt, are you pressing the "go" button? The nav system calculates the route, but you still have to start the program to make it do turn by turn. It doesn't start automatically.

smokingjoe (11-28-2016)
Old 11-28-2016, 07:36 AM
smokingjoe
Road Captain

Thanks men, I will play with it again this morning using your ideas, but yes I am pressing the "go" button, its kinda strange that the calculating route prompt is loud and clear then nothing.
Thanks again............Joe

Old 11-28-2016, 09:54 AM
White Ice
Stellar HDF Member
Received 418 Likes on 190 Posts

Somewhere deep in the the nav settings there is an option to turn the nav prompts off.

smokingjoe (11-28-2016)
Old 11-28-2016, 10:22 AM
smokingjoe
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Pass Rider
This happened to me and what I found out was that the volume for the gps is set separately from the music volume. The solution for me was to put in a destination, make certain the music is on. Then when the music stops, use the joystick to turn the gps volume up.

Don't know if that is your problem but it worked for me.
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks man, sure enough it was turned down, kinda strange the prompts are separate, especially since the prompt[calculating route] is not, thats what was confusing.
Best/joe

Old 11-28-2016, 11:02 AM
smokingjoe
Road Captain

Originally Posted by bigdumbnoitall00
Yup, that is the key[smile]
Thanks

Quick Reply: My navigator again