Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'll never understand HD's wisdom...

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2016, 07:30 AM
striper.seeker
Tourer

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
Default I'll never understand HD's wisdom...

Saw this in the latest snail mail catalog: Boom! Audio SPH10 Bluetooth Half Helmet Headset. I said, WTF? Really? So I went online to see what's up. The description says all the right words - intercom, voice control, etc. Then I read the last line: Not compatible with Harley-Davidson® Original Equipment Boom!™ Audio radio or communication systems. Again, I say, WTF??
Why would they call it a BOOM! and not have it compatible?
Does anyone think this may harbinger the upgrade of the BOOM! to support full bluetooth? Some how I doubt it.
http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...t-headset#tabs

SMH

Old 11-13-2016, 07:38 AM
ghostrunner
Road Master
Received 322 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by striper.seeker
Saw this in the latest snail mail catalog: Boom! Audio SPH10 Bluetooth Half Helmet Headset. I said, WTF? Really? So I went online to see what's up. The description says all the right words - intercom, voice control, etc. Then I read the last line: Not compatible with Harley-Davidson® Original Equipment Boom!™ Audio radio or communication systems. Again, I say, WTF??
Does anyone think this may harbinger the upgrade of the BOOM! to support full bluetooth? Some how I doubt it.

SMH
Maybe for some reason they're saying it wouldn't work with the headset that comes with the bikes from the factory which isn't very good to begin with. Possibly the Bluetooth won't work with a wired headset.

Old 11-13-2016, 07:41 AM
Campy Roadie
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,073 Likes on 2,507 Posts

HD is crazy like a fox.

Boom! Audio SPH10 Bluetooth Half Helmet Headset.

*Buy this and find out it won't work unless you buy something else and throw the stock part we put on in the trash; BOOM!, Mo Money*

Last edited by Campy Roadie; 11-13-2016 at 10:03 AM.
The following users liked this post:
vizcarmb (02-21-2020)
Old 11-13-2016, 07:48 AM
NDRK
Cruiser
Received 54 Likes on 33 Posts

Everything like this is grouped as an upgraded because what finally makes it out of the factory is outdated. Sorry but I have to say this - Long Live The King!!!

Old 11-13-2016, 08:54 AM
PeteF
Road Captain
Received 79 Likes on 55 Posts

This basically looks like a mutant creation of a Sena SMH10. I've got an SMH10 and it will Bluetooth to virtually everything, but the Infotainment system. It was a miscalculation by Harley to not include that function in the Infotainment system IMHO. The catalog is misleading. I can see someone purchasing the headset thinking that it will connect if they don't read the entire description across all the tabs. One of the diagrams even says "Infotainment Connectivity." That's a bit misleading.

Last edited by PeteF; 11-13-2016 at 08:57 AM.
Old 11-14-2016, 06:05 AM
patrick74
Tourer
Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts

It is just the Sena SPH10. Harley is just adding their name to the SENA line. Just like the SENA 20S.

Old 11-14-2016, 08:56 AM
rv7garage
Road Master
Received 198 Likes on 157 Posts

Harley branded electronics, lol

The following users liked this post:
Kseeley (06-15-2020)
Old 11-14-2016, 09:30 AM
crump13
Tourer
Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by striper.seeker

SMH
I came across this a few months back and felt it was a complete misrepresentation giving the buyer the thought that they could use that headset to bluetooth into the BOOM audio system in lieu of the corded headset and that is not the case. The one statement that indicates it is not compatible with the BOOM system is buried below in the bottom of the page where most people won't see it.

Old 02-21-2020, 02:40 PM
Moose74
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Freaking Boom Audio

I already own pack talk headsets that work good enough. Just don’t want to dump more money on something that I already have to get a feature that I don’t know will work or not.

Old 02-21-2020, 05:56 PM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 711 Likes on 353 Posts

Old thread. Dead link.

Quick Reply: I'll never understand HD's wisdom...