2014-2023 Touring Models This Section Is For Rushmore/2014-2023 Touring Models
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question for Mustang Seats (and others) - Super Solo Seating Position on Street Glide

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2016, 04:41 PM
paulmj
Tourer
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Thanks for the info Mike.

Old 10-25-2016, 09:25 PM
druski
Tourer
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Just bought the Mustang Super Solo and put it on my street glide. So far absolutely love the seat, have only had the chance to ride during my normal commute, can't wait to put some miles on it though as it seems very comfortable.

It doesn't seem to have moved me back from the stock seating position, seems to be same position in regards to forwards/backwards. It might have raised me up a bit, but I'm honestly not sure.

This is the third Mustang seat I've tried on my Street Glide and this one is the keeper.

I tried the standard Vintage Solo w/backrest, didn't like how that seat raised me up and seemed to sit me an inch or two more forward. Felt too close to the tank, and didn't like the position of my arms to the bars.

Next I tried the Low Down Vintage Solo w/backrest, didn't like that the seat also seemed to push me forward, possibly more than the Vintage solo. Also, this seat kind of locked me in to one position, really no room to adjust while riding. Lastly, the seat was a bit too firm for me.

Very recently got the Super Solo w/backrest and after one commute to work I knew this was the right seat. did not push me forward at all, can't really tell if I'm sitting higher, there is room to "move" when riding, and the firmness seems just right.

Good luck with your search for the right seat, but I'd say give this one a shot.

The following users liked this post:
Mustang Seats (10-26-2016)
Old 10-26-2016, 02:16 AM
paulmj
Tourer

Thanks Druski. Really useful.

Old 04-03-2017, 03:28 AM
paulmj
Tourer

So, after all of that I ended up ordering a Tripper over the winter.

First off it looks great. Love it.

I finally got to ride it yesterday and for about an hour.

I'm fairly sure that the seating position is identical to the stocker on my 15 SGS. At least, it's so close I can't tell.

It does feel very different though. It feels much firmer. And it seems to put a little more pressure on the tail bone because of the shape. It perhaps doesn't provide as much support when accelerating.

So far, what I can say is that it is at least as comfortable as the stock seat, yet looks much nicer.

Im not sure if it needs to break in - that is, it will become more comfortable with time. If it does then jackpot! If not then I'm still happy as it's at comfortable as the stocker but looks much better.

One question for those who know better than I. I haven't yet managed to remove the two metal 'things' which are attached to the frame rails under the seat by the massive torxs bolts. I don't think they touch the bottom of the seat. Do I absolutely need to take them off for a reason I'm not spotting (as I don't think they touch the seat pan)????

Cheers.

Old 04-05-2017, 01:50 PM
Mustang Seats
Former Sponsor
Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by paulmj
So, after all of that I ended up ordering a Tripper over the winter.

First off it looks great. Love it.

I finally got to ride it yesterday and for about an hour.

I'm fairly sure that the seating position is identical to the stocker on my 15 SGS. At least, it's so close I can't tell.

It does feel very different though. It feels much firmer. And it seems to put a little more pressure on the tail bone because of the shape. It perhaps doesn't provide as much support when accelerating.

So far, what I can say is that it is at least as comfortable as the stock seat, yet looks much nicer.

Im not sure if it needs to break in - that is, it will become more comfortable with time. If it does then jackpot! If not then I'm still happy as it's at comfortable as the stocker but looks much better.

One question for those who know better than I. I haven't yet managed to remove the two metal 'things' which are attached to the frame rails under the seat by the massive torxs bolts. I don't think they touch the bottom of the seat. Do I absolutely need to take them off for a reason I'm not spotting (as I don't think they touch the seat pan)????

Cheers.
If those wedges aren't interfering, then awesome. We recommend removing them with our seats.

Regarding break-in, our foam should be as comfortable after 20,000 as it is after 200. But it sounds like it's working well enough for your needs, so that's great.