Sponsored by:

2014 Limited very first upgrade help

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2016 | 07:29 PM
gobblerhuntr
|
Road Captain
Default 2014 Limited very first upgrade help

My limited has only gotten cosmetic upgrades since buying it. Now I'm ready to do a stage one. Been talking to Fuel Moto about a tuner, pipes, and breather. I want to keep the stock cover so that is an easy one.

FM says go with a Power vision for tuner due to more options for tuning. I do not like the way it mounts on handlebars as I do a lot of touring to where I can see it being stolen of something. I guess I just don't like having to worry about it. I could put it in the truck but what if I wanna take the trunk off one day. I was thinking about the PCV and they have those also but they seem to be limited in programming features. Basically once the bike is tuned I don't plan on changing the map too much. Also you can hide the PCV easily.

Pipes: FM has the E-series and the Jackpot Road and Track systems in a 2:1. I really don't like the way the disk stick out of the E series and the Jackpots are suppose to be fairly loud. Both of these dyne better than the Supermeg which is my other option. I have had a Supermeg before and liked it.

Question to you guys is help me make a decision on pipes and tuner. I would like to get this ordered and in here so I can put it on and maybe head to Florida for Thunderbeach.

That is another question, if i get to thunderbeach should I have someone dyno it and map it or will FM's map be what I will need. I would like to get as good of gas mileage as I can with the increase in power so I can pass vehicles.

BTW, the guys at FM have been nothing but extremely patient and very helpful.

Help Please, thanks.

Old 10-03-2016 | 07:37 PM
allen6747
Advanced

I installed the FM package: Road and Track 2 into 1, Pro Billet A/C and DynoJet Power Vision. I had the same concerns and didn't care to have the PV installed, no worries though, you can download the Map which FM will create for you and keep it disconnected. I should be the last tuner you'll ever need since it can grow with your upgrades respectively... As far as the exhaust goes, I absolutely love it and recommend it! Has a great deep tone and barks when you get on it. If you want something a little less aggressive, go for the E-Series 2 into 1. Fuel Moto makes excellent products with superb quality, you won't be disappointed.

Last edited by allen6747; 10-03-2016 at 07:40 PM.
Old 10-03-2016 | 07:47 PM
JAMESAK51
Cruiser

gobblerhuntr, you don't need to mount the powervision on your bike at all. You can just plug it in, flash your ecm and your done. If you want to do a couple of auto tune sessions you can temporarily mount it some place on the bike or just put it in your saddlebag. You'll love the powervision. The speedo on my street glide was off by like 6 mph, I was able to recalibrate it with the powervision. Lots of options.
Hope this helps
Jim

Old 10-03-2016 | 08:27 PM
gobblerhuntr
|
Road Captain

Originally Posted by allen6747

I installed the FM package: Road and Track 2 into 1, Pro Billet A/C and DynoJet Power Vision. I had the same concerns and didn't care to have the PV installed, no worries though, you can download the Map which FM will create for you and keep it disconnected. I should be the last tuner you'll ever need since it can grow with your upgrades respectively... As far as the exhaust goes, I absolutely love it and recommend it! Has a great deep tone and barks when you get on it. If you want something a little less aggressive, go for the E-Series 2 into 1. Fuel Moto makes excellent products with superb quality, you won't be disappointed.
I just don't think I can get used to the looks of the E-series disk sticking out of the pipe. The Supermeg doesn't do that. Worried about the R and T being too loud to hear music. Do you have problems hearing running 3000 rpms at 75-80 down interstate? BTW do you know what hp and torque numbers you are getting?

Old 10-03-2016 | 08:31 PM
gobblerhuntr
|
Road Captain

Originally Posted by JAMESAK51
gobblerhuntr, you don't need to mount the powervision on your bike at all. You can just plug it in, flash your ecm and your done. If you want to do a couple of auto tune sessions you can temporarily mount it some place on the bike or just put it in your saddlebag. You'll love the powervision. The speedo on my street glide was off by like 6 mph, I was able to recalibrate it with the powervision. Lots of options.
Hope this helps
Jim
Ok I see. I had the PCIII last and it plugged in series with the factory ecm. One good thing about that was if the PCIII gave trouble you could just take it out of the circuit and run the stock ecm to get home.

Old 10-03-2016 | 08:32 PM
allen6747
Advanced

Originally Posted by gobblerhuntr
I just don't think I can get used to the looks of the E-series disk sticking out of the pipe. The Supermeg doesn't do that. Worried about the R and T being too loud to hear music. Do you have problems hearing running 3000 rpms at 75-80 down interstate? BTW do you know what hp and torque numbers you are getting?
I mostly ride above 3000 RPM and have no problem hearing my tunes out of my stock set up, even on the highway cruising at 80, everything still sound good but I wouldn't mind a speaker and amp upgrade...

Old 10-03-2016 | 08:55 PM
gobblerhuntr
|
Road Captain

Originally Posted by allen6747
I mostly ride above 3000 RPM and have no problem hearing my tunes out of my stock set up, even on the highway cruising at 80, everything still sound good but I wouldn't mind a speaker and amp upgrade...
Yeah I really don't wanna do an audio upgrade because of a stage one. Plus I like my tunes.

Old 10-03-2016 | 10:15 PM
Fourdogs
Cruiser

I have the Power vision, Pro-Billet air cleaner with stock cover and the Jackpots with the up slash. All can say it is a great set-up with great sound but not to loud and much better than stock!

Old 10-04-2016 | 02:29 AM
White Ice
Stellar HDF Member

Look into the V&H FP3 tuner. If all you're going to do is pipes & intake, the FP3 is more than enough tuner. Plug it in, flash the ECM (or run an autotune session) unplug it and ride on. It saves your factory tune. It doesn't have all the extra bells & whistles that the Power Vision has, that you'll never use, and it's less expensive.

Old 10-04-2016 | 03:04 AM
chrisg81983
Road Captain

Definitely go with the power vision dont i had a lot of tuners out there from fp3, thundermax with wave tune, then pcv and so on. I wouldn't waste my time again with anything else. Second the auto tune on it works great so no need for dyno. It also is awesome for logging data and trouble shooting. Works as a scan tool as well fetching trouble codes. The list goes on, but definitely trust what FM tells you. They know their $h!t !!!!

Quick Reply: 2014 Limited very first upgrade help