Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Limited very first upgrade help

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2016 | 07:16 AM
gobblerhuntr
|
Road Captain

does the power vision save you factory map also to reuse later if need be?

Old 10-04-2016 | 08:35 AM
PoCoBob
Road Master

Originally Posted by gobblerhuntr
does the power vision save you factory map also to reuse later if need be?
Yes, it saves whatever map is in the bike before it changes anything. So in your case it's the factory map it's saving. You can reprogram the bike as often as you like. The original tune is stored separately from the custom tunes so you have to retrieve it first but it's easy to do and you can load it back to stock anytime you like.

Old 10-04-2016 | 09:17 AM
Just Me
Road Warrior

I have been down the road you are wanting to go. Personally I would do the FM tuner and that only. Jamie @ Fuel Moto and the others are great to work with.
Doing pipes, air which by the way, is a total waste of money on a stock bike, and mufflers you want are a good choice just because you have adjustability. All good choices if you don't mind spending $1000+for a little H.P. gain.
I would just de-cat the stock pipes and add the mufflers or leave them stock with PV tuner and leave it at that. IMO the gain you get with going with pipes just ain't worth the gains you get.
Ask yourself this, do you really need the little extra H.P. you'll get for the money spent? Is it not fast enough the way it is? Why did I buy a Harley if I want a fast bike?

Old 10-05-2016 | 09:35 AM
gobblerhuntr
|
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Just Me
I have been down the road you are wanting to go. Personally I would do the FM tuner and that only. Jamie @ Fuel Moto and the others are great to work with.
Doing pipes, air which by the way, is a total waste of money on a stock bike, and mufflers you want are a good choice just because you have adjustability. All good choices if you don't mind spending $1000+for a little H.P. gain.
I would just de-cat the stock pipes and add the mufflers or leave them stock with PV tuner and leave it at that. IMO the gain you get with going with pipes just ain't worth the gains you get.
Ask yourself this, do you really need the little extra H.P. you'll get for the money spent? Is it not fast enough the way it is? Why did I buy a Harley if I want a fast bike?
Yep I understand what you are saying but in my case I am prepping for other improvements I may do in the future. I doubt I stop at the Stage I, never have. So I am buying a little along and trying to make sure I am not totally wasting the $$ for future upgrades. I did look at exactly what you are talking about and talked myself out of it. I went with the PV tuner, jackpots, and air upgrade. Hopefully I didn't screw up.

Old 10-05-2016 | 02:16 PM
lrcormier
Cruiser

I originally bought my PV from FM for my 2012 FLHTK and bought a decatted header off of ebay. That decatted header didn't fit because of the method that seller was using, basically he cut them completely in half and upon re-welding failed to account for material lost caused my cutting in half. He did return my money but that frustrating attempt caused me to purchase the jackpot header from FM, best decision if ever made. When i traded my 2012 FLHTK for my 2014 FLHTK i kept the header and installed it on my 2014, purchased a new license for my PV, installed the screaming eagle cold air intake and also purchased the slash down jackpot mufflers from FM. The performance improvement was very noticeable and eliminating the cat makes a huge difference in amount of felt heat on rider and passenger. I have since also purchased Target Tune form FM and I'm so happy with the way the bike runs that I have no intention on making any further engine performance upgrades. Also, I originally ran 4 inch RINHARTS but found them to be a little loud for long range trips, the FM JACKPOTS are just right and have a nice low tone. Additionally, customer support for Fuel Moto is second to none. I hope this helps.

Old 10-06-2016 | 11:28 AM
scottt
Outstanding HDF Member

Less expensive option: had my dealer download the HD stage one tune, SE street cannon slip-ons and air cleaner on my 14 Limited.

I'm sure the other options are better, I have just been completely happy with this setup. Plenty of power and a nice mellow sound. Added benefit, the street cannon slip-ons are EPA compliant. No worries