Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mustang Wide Tripper Solo & Pillion

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2016, 04:45 PM
Bafflingbs
Stellar HDF Member

Received 925 Likes on 557 Posts
Thumbs up Mustang Wide Tripper Solo & Pillion (review)

Hey guys, just purchased, and mounted the Mustang wide tripper solo, with a pillion. From a looks standpoint, I admit I'm biased. You'll have to judge for yourself there. I will say, though, Mustang quality is phenomenal! The fit and finish, and the build quality, are absolutely flawless.
Speaking on fit, it is more narrow than the stock streetglide seat. This gives shorter riders a little more reach to the ground. Height, is about the same. As is the seating position. I did not have to adjust my mirrors at all. If you've ever sat on one of the Screaming Eagle SG/RG seats, it sort of feels like that. It utilizes a much more dense foam. The stock seat is nice for a couple of hours, but, after that, you feel the hot spots. I've only ridden with this seat now, for a couple of hours. So far, I do not feel fatigued at all. Apparently, they use a fiberglass pan, that remains rigid for ever It also has rubber boots (I don't know the technical term for the footers) that supposedly isolate better against vibrations. I'm basically paraphrasing J&P Cycles review there. Which, I might add, has a 5 star rating for 80+ reviews. This seems to be the best all around touring seat, for those of us that want a sleek look, but need better comfort. I guess I'll have to ride with it on a little longer to fully judge that claim. But, so far, I'm very impressed.
Mustang Wide Tripper Solo & Pillion-img_2958.png

You are now free to move about the cabin. Sorry about the turbulence

Last edited by Bafflingbs; 09-30-2016 at 05:27 PM.
The following users liked this post:
MTBIG G (09-30-2016)
Old 09-30-2016, 04:50 PM
Bafflingbs
Stellar HDF Member

Mustang Wide Tripper Solo & Pillion-mustang-frnt-2-back.png

Last edited by Bafflingbs; 10-05-2016 at 04:25 PM.
Old 09-30-2016, 04:52 PM
Bafflingbs
Stellar HDF Member

Mustang Wide Tripper Solo & Pillion-mustang-side.png

Last edited by Bafflingbs; 09-30-2016 at 05:00 PM.
Old 09-30-2016, 05:35 PM
MTBIG G
Road Warrior

Received 974 Likes on 559 Posts

Great looking seat. Thanks for posting it.

Bafflingbs (09-30-2016)
Old 09-30-2016, 06:14 PM
Bafflingbs
Stellar HDF Member

Thank you sir! Great looking RK, you've got there. Was it previously a classic? I had a 2003 RK. Loved it, and to this day, regret getting rid of it.

Old 09-30-2016, 06:33 PM
MTBIG G
Road Warrior

Received 974 Likes on 559 Posts

Thanks for the compliment. Not a classic. Just came with spoke wheels.

Love almost everything about the king, but I sure miss a fairing - getting old I guess. Actually am thinking of getting either a road glide ultra or another limited.

Old 10-05-2016, 04:11 PM
Bafflingbs
Stellar HDF Member

I got out and rode a little today. So far, here's my non-biased review. First, I'll have to correct myself a little. The ride height seems to be a little higher. Say, maybe 1" higher, and because it's more narrow than the stock seat, it felt the same height. It may sit me back just a little further, which would explain why I do not have to adjust my mirrors. But, it's only maybe 1/2- 1" Back.
Now, as far as comfort goes, it's harder, and conforms to your butt, while giving more of a memory foam type feel. It seems to do a good job of eliminating hot spots. You do not simply sink in to it like the stocker. I've also noticed that what the J&P Cycles Youtube review says about the footers isolating vibrations is very true. In fact, I've noticed that the minor road imperfections, that I once felt, are no longer noticeable. And, the larger bumps, seem to be soaked up much better. It almost feels like I was riding directly on the frame, with the stock seat, and now I'm on a hammock above it. I have noticed one thing that annoys me; the back of the seat is raised, I assume, to give some support. Well, that attempt is poorly executed. It doesn't give any support, and in fact, is a bit irritating on my tailbone. I only hope, that like the rest of the seat, that part will break in a little. Still, if I were planning a ride longer than 3 hours, I'd choose this one, without a question. The stock seat is fine for short hops, but, as you all can attest, you soon begin to feel all the pressure points and hot spots. It's too soft, and extremely uncomfortable, to me, past 3 hours. Actually, 2 1/2 hours... I do not foresee that happening here. I also think that because it's more narrow, you won't have the ache and lack of circulation at the top of your hamstrings and inner back thighs. If I were to do it all over again, I might go with the same seat, with the back rest built in. Though, I've never used a back rest, and have no idea how that restriction would feel.

B.K. (10-05-2016)
Old 10-05-2016, 04:18 PM
B.K.
Road Master
Received 294 Likes on 117 Posts

I like the look. I too am looking for a new seat. Something that is narrow and sits me a bit lower.

Old 10-05-2016, 04:20 PM
Bafflingbs
Stellar HDF Member

It's not really lower, just feels that way, because of how narrow it is. It's easier to put your feet down. Also, you can get it without the diamond pattern.

Old 10-05-2016, 05:09 PM
Bafflingbs
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Bearfan
I like the look. I too am looking for a new seat. Something that is narrow and sits me a bit lower.
If you want lower, but still have some comfort, maybe this one might be better for you. Read the reviews
https://www.denniskirk.com/danny-gra...29.sku#reviews

Quick Reply: Mustang Wide Tripper Solo & Pillion