Sponsored by:

Mustang Wide Tripper Solo & Pillion

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2016, 10:31 PM
Bafflingbs
Stellar HDF Member

Received 925 Likes on 557 Posts

Originally Posted by bjmcconk
I personally Love the Tman 577s. The sound is nice and has a great rumble to it. Doesn't sound like a typical Harley at bike night. I did buy the bike with these previously installed so seat of the pants difference can't be felt for me. Here are the numbers from the dealership.

the second picture is what was totally done to the bike before purchasing. I upgraded the seat, turn signals, and stereo.

I did did hear the 577's requires heads. I do not have heads at alll.

Enjoy!! Hope you can read the numbers.
Love the dyno results! Great tune! I'm willing to bet that the Fat Cat had a lot to do with the results, too. I'll also bet that bitch pulls nice from zero to 125. (maybe 130?)

Old 10-16-2016, 09:03 PM
Bafflingbs
Stellar HDF Member

Ok, so I went for a 200 mile ride yesterday, with several stops along the way. I am sad to say, I do not like this seat. My back was killing me towards the end, and I found myself constantly adjusting my position, all day. If it weren't for the looks, I'd be trying to pawn it off on someone else. 2 strikes Mustang, I'm done with ya.

Old 10-16-2016, 09:05 PM
Bafflingbs
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Tn.Heritage
I had that same set-up you have on a 2010 SG but I had the back rest. I eventually sold the seat's and kept the back rest. After a long 300 or more mile ride I was hurting pretty bad. And of course the older I got the more it hurt.
Good luck, they are an awesome looking seat thought but the name day tripper sorta say's it all.
You were right

Old 10-17-2016, 06:05 AM
Tn.Heritage
Grand HDF Member
Received 184 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by Bafflingbs
You were right
If you purchased from Mustang you have 10 days to swap it out for another one, try the sport touring seat.

The following users liked this post:
Bafflingbs (10-17-2016)
Old 10-17-2016, 07:52 AM
Bafflingbs
Stellar HDF Member

I didn't

Old 10-21-2016, 10:46 AM
wide glider
Road Master
Received 1,163 Likes on 353 Posts

That's a great looking seat Bbs. I have the same bike as you identical year/model/color and I considered the Mustang diamond stitch but ended up going with the Harley low profile solo and pillion in diamond stitch. You gotta lose those brackets now that held the oem seat strap. Remove the hex head bolt (1 ea side) remove bracket and re-insert the bolt. It holds the chrome saddlebag support to the frame so it's required. The seat strap that was included with the Harley low profile seat attaches to the 2 studs that hold the rider's seat on and then the seat and seat nuts go over top of it. Slide passenger pillion thru seat strap and attach to slot in nuts and secure with single screw at back. If you still have your original strap you can cut it to length and punch a new hole in it to do the same. It keeps the strap in tight and I think it gives a more finished appearance to the install.

The following users liked this post:
Bafflingbs (10-22-2016)
Old 10-21-2016, 10:51 AM
wide glider
Road Master
Received 1,163 Likes on 353 Posts

Grabbed a quick pick from Google of same seat to show you

Attached Thumbnails Mustang Wide Tripper Solo & Pillion-seat1.jpg  
Old 10-22-2016, 09:07 AM
Bafflingbs
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by wide glider
That's a great looking seat Bbs. I have the same bike as you identical year/model/color and I considered the Mustang diamond stitch but ended up going with the Harley low profile solo and pillion in diamond stitch. You gotta lose those brackets now that held the oem seat strap. Remove the hex head bolt (1 ea side) remove bracket and re-insert the bolt. It holds the chrome saddlebag support to the frame so it's required. The seat strap that was included with the Harley low profile seat attaches to the 2 studs that hold the rider's seat on and then the seat and seat nuts go over top of it. Slide passenger pillion thru seat strap and attach to slot in nuts and secure with single screw at back. If you still have your original strap you can cut it to length and punch a new hole in it to do the same. It keeps the strap in tight and I think it gives a more finished appearance to the install.
The more I ride, with this seat the more I break it in. I still don't like it for comfort, but it's growing on me. But mostly because I'm stubborn and it does look amazing. It has horrible back support. It definitely pushes you back at least a inch. I just wish I bought the one with the backrest now.
As far as the strap brackets go, I am planning on taking them off. Just not pressed with winter looming. I will get-r-done though.

Old 01-08-2017, 09:53 PM
Bafflingbs
Stellar HDF Member

Ok, so, like I said earlier, I'm stubborn, and refuse to give up on this good looking seat. Yesterday, I sent it to Mean City Cycles to have a tailbone relief channel put in. I guess I'll let you know next month, when I get it back, if this modification makes a difference. My fingers are crossed. I would just like to know why it's so damn hard to find a good seat. I'm also going to send them my stock seat to have memory foam installed, along with a custom skin upgrade.

Old 01-12-2017, 05:24 AM
Tn.Heritage
Grand HDF Member
Received 184 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by Bafflingbs
Ok, so, like I said earlier, I'm stubborn, and refuse to give up on this good looking seat. Yesterday, I sent it to Mean City Cycles to have a tailbone relief channel put in. I guess I'll let you know next month, when I get it back, if this modification makes a difference. My fingers are crossed. I would just like to know why it's so damn hard to find a good seat. I'm also going to send them my stock seat to have memory foam installed, along with a custom skin upgrade.
Hopefully this will give you some relieve but the biggest thing I found that helped was the backrest, just something to think about.

Quick Reply: Mustang Wide Tripper Solo & Pillion