2014-2023 Touring Models This Section Is For Rushmore/2014-2023 Touring Models
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone put 12" Yaffe bars on a 15/16 RG or RGU?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2016, 08:12 PM
White Ice
Stellar HDF Member
Received 418 Likes on 190 Posts
Default Anyone put 12" Yaffe bars on a 15/16 RG or RGU?

It seems all bar manufacturers measure height differently. Some from the top of the lower section to the top of the 'peak' (Factory47), others to the mid-point of the grips (Yaffe), and some I'm not certain how they measure.

Ideally I would like 12"-13" bars WITHOUT having to change wiring or brake/clutch.

Road6 claims 13" with stock setup. I'm not fond of the look of these bars or the end caps that require silicon sealant to hold them in place. Lowest price.

Factory47 claims 14" with stock setup. These are nice looking bars but are at the high end in price.

Yaffe claims 10" with stock setup. Similar to the Factory47 but the grips come out straight rather than curve down from the peak. Mid price.

I sat on a new RG with 10" Yaffe bars and really like the angle & width but wished they were a little higher.

I've found only one online review that stated the owner installed 12" Yaffe bars without changing anything else. The plastic plate inside the gauge cluster needs to be removed and a couple of zip-ties need to be cut.

Has anyone here installed the 12" Yaffe Monkey Bars on a 2015/2016 RG/U? Anything else worth considering?

Thx.

Old 09-09-2016, 08:28 PM
Cygnusx51
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,649 Likes on 1,077 Posts

I just finished writing a response to a similar thread in the general touring section on this. I installed 12" Factory 47 bars on my '16 Road Glide Special with no need to change anything. Easiest bar change I ever did. I had plenty of wiring and brake/clutch line to work with so I didn't have to remove that plate either.

Definitely get the poly bushings as well, they take a lot of the vibration out and made the bars rock solid.

The following users liked this post:
09FLHXrLVNV (09-10-2016)
Old 09-11-2016, 02:03 PM
jimmmya
Cruiser
Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Road6

just installed 13" Road6 on 16 RGS. Inflation was a piece of cake !! All factory wiring and cables fit only had to cut some zip ties to get cable length. Very nice fit and comfortable

Last edited by jimmmya; 09-11-2016 at 02:19 PM.
Old 09-11-2016, 04:23 PM
UltraWalt
Road Captain
Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by White Ice
It seems all bar manufacturers measure height differently. Some from the top of the lower section to the top of the 'peak' (Factory47), others to the mid-point of the grips (Yaffe), and some I'm not certain how they measure.

Ideally I would like 12"-13" bars WITHOUT having to change wiring or brake/clutch.

Road6 claims 13" with stock setup. I'm not fond of the look of these bars or the end caps that require silicon sealant to hold them in place. Lowest price.

Factory47 claims 14" with stock setup. These are nice looking bars but are at the high end in price.

Yaffe claims 10" with stock setup. Similar to the Factory47 but the grips come out straight rather than curve down from the peak. Mid price.

I sat on a new RG with 10" Yaffe bars and really like the angle & width but wished they were a little higher.

I've found only one online review that stated the owner installed 12" Yaffe bars without changing anything else. The plastic plate inside the gauge cluster needs to be removed and a couple of zip-ties need to be cut.

Has anyone here installed the 12" Yaffe Monkey Bars on a 2015/2016 RG/U? Anything else worth considering?

Thx.
Here is what I have learned, there is a 2" difference in bars between the RG and RGU, RGU bars are taller. The reason I know this, I bought 12" Vindikta bars and they are the same height as the stock bars on a RGU. So, if you go with 12" on a RGU, you gain nothing but wider bars and better grip angle and no issues at all with cables or wires. I sent my 12" back and getting them replaced with 14" and expect there will be no issues with wires or cables. There was plenty of room from the stock bars. If you haven't already bought the Yaffe bars, check out Vindikta, you will not be disappointed and there customer service is second to none and will not have to wait weeks on end to get your bars
Hope this helps.

Old 09-12-2016, 12:24 AM
White Ice
Stellar HDF Member
Received 418 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by Cygnusx51
I just finished writing a response to a similar thread in the general touring section on this. I installed 12" Factory 47 bars on my '16 Road Glide Special with no need to change anything. Easiest bar change I ever did. I had plenty of wiring and brake/clutch line to work with so I didn't have to remove that plate either.

Definitely get the poly bushings as well, they take a lot of the vibration out and made the bars rock solid.
As noted in my original post, you can go to 14" with Factory47 bars with no need to change anything. I will definitely get the poly bushings.

Originally Posted by jimmmya
just installed 13" Road6 on 16 RGS. Inflation was a piece of cake !! All factory wiring and cables fit only had to cut some zip ties to get cable length. Very nice fit and comfortable
As noted in my original post, you can go to 13" with Road6 bars with no need to change anything.

Originally Posted by UltraWalt
Here is what I have learned, there is a 2" difference in bars between the RG and RGU, RGU bars are taller. The reason I know this, I bought 12" Vindikta bars and they are the same height as the stock bars on a RGU. So, if you go with 12" on a RGU, you gain nothing but wider bars and better grip angle and no issues at all with cables or wires. I sent my 12" back and getting them replaced with 14" and expect there will be no issues with wires or cables. There was plenty of room from the stock bars. If you haven't already bought the Yaffe bars, check out Vindikta, you will not be disappointed and there customer service is second to none and will not have to wait weeks on end to get your bars
Hope this helps.
Yes, the RGU has taller bars than the RG. The 12" Vindikta bars are the same height as the stock (11") bars of the RGU due to Vindikta measuring from the BOTTOM of the center cross tube, where everyone else measures from the TOP of the cross tube. Vindikta bars are priced up there with Factory47.

Still looking for first hand experience with Yaffe 12" bars.

Old 09-12-2016, 11:54 AM
KSGLIDEGUY
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I installed 12" Monkey Bars on my 15 RG without any wire extensions or new cables. No problems.

The following users liked this post:
White Ice (09-12-2016)
Old 09-12-2016, 02:49 PM
RedDogNC
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by KSGLIDEGUY
I installed 12" Monkey Bars on my 15 RG without any wire extensions or new cables. No problems.
Curious...no problem with the lengths, but how about pulling the wires through the bars? I did MB on my 09 and OMG was that an *** kicker. Are the new bars for the 15/16 wider and or constructed in such a way that they are easy to install like the Malo bars? Word is you don't have to pull the pins out at all...send them through the tubes whole. Thanks.

Last edited by RedDogNC; 09-12-2016 at 02:52 PM.
Old 09-12-2016, 08:26 PM
Cygnusx51
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,649 Likes on 1,077 Posts

Holy crap man, we're giving you experience with us installing bars in the name height range. Sorry they aren't the exact bars you want. Get the Yaffe's and tell us if they fit. Be the guinea pig and find out for yourself.