2014-2023 Touring Models This Section Is For Rushmore/2014-2023 Touring Models
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New map for BOOM! Nav finally out??

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2016 | 07:27 PM
White Ice
Stellar HDF Member

I checked a few 2017's at our dealer this past week - all had 2014Q2 maps.

Old 09-09-2016 | 11:33 PM
68 XLCH
Road Warrior

I have two cars with Nav systems, VW gave me the updates a few times. I never noticed any difference, maybe the speed limit signs were correct vs the old ones.

But other than that i never noticed a difference. I haven't updated either of those cars in a couple of years and don't plan on it.

Since i get 3 free (prob calculated into my CVO price) HD nav updates i did the update, haven't ridden since i did the update, i am sure i won't notice any difference.

Last edited by 68 XLCH; 09-09-2016 at 11:36 PM.
Old 09-10-2016 | 11:36 AM
mmeddle1
Advanced

Well, updating the maps was a real pain in the a$$. I followed all the directions and got the update loaded to my USB drive. It took forever and ever and ever to validate the drive. When it gave me the option to update the system, it directed me to put the bike into the "assessory" mode before I could select the "Yes" button. It was already in the accessory mode, but the screen would not allow me to select the "Yes" button until I set the assessory switch to ON (this included an on screen illustration of an old model rotary accessory/ignition swith with arrows indicating to rotate the switch to the right). The newer bikes use the trigger switch on the left handlebar control to enter the accessory mode. Hitting that trigger switch again would have shut down the head unit and ended the update. I had to start all over again.

The second time, it did not ask me to enter the accessory mode and allowed me to select "Yes" to update the maps. The actual update took more than an hour and a half to complete. With the 15 to 20 minutes it took to validate the USB drive before allowing me to update the maps, I was concerned that the accessory mode would shut down before the update was finished. The accessory mode has an automatic 2 hour shutdown on the Rushmore models. Well, it did finally complete without shutting down. I haven't had the chance yet to check and see how much the updates reflect the new road construction here in Houston, but plan to get out and ride this weekend.

Old 09-10-2016 | 11:49 AM
Msquad
Road Captain

Originally Posted by mmeddle1
Well, updating the maps was a real pain in the a$$....
I have to say, your adventure sounds a lot easier than mine. It took me 2 days of trying and using 2 different USB drives and having to reload the boom software too (the nav update somehow got interrupted and would never work again but I could not get past the fact that it wanted to do an update). Finally got it to work last night. It *was* a real pain.

Old 09-10-2016 | 12:27 PM
Airborne350G
Club Member

Originally Posted by mmeddle1
Well, updating the maps was a real pain in the a$$. I followed all the directions and got the update loaded to my USB drive. It took forever and ever and ever to validate the drive. When it gave me the option to update the system, it directed me to put the bike into the "assessory" mode before I could select the "Yes" button. It was already in the accessory mode, but the screen would not allow me to select the "Yes" button until I set the assessory switch to ON (this included an on screen illustration of an old model rotary accessory/ignition swith with arrows indicating to rotate the switch to the right). The newer bikes use the trigger switch on the left handlebar control to enter the accessory mode. Hitting that trigger switch again would have shut down the head unit and ended the update. I had to start all over again.
I think the standard bikes have a regular rotary switch. The CVOs like your and mine do not. Ours is only a fork lock. The there's still have an ignition switch in the rotary switch. Will see how my update goes today.

It took over an hour to update mine.

Last edited by Airborne350G; 09-10-2016 at 02:43 PM.
Old 09-10-2016 | 09:06 PM
mitchflhx
Cruiser
Default Understand the Navi versions

Help me out here, before I make a complete *** of myself. My 2017 SGS navigation software looks like This

My data base says "NA-MY2017"

I have been complaining to my dealer, and the MOCO. That my Navi is not the most current version.

Am I not understand something?

Thanks, Mitch

Attached Thumbnails New map for BOOM! Nav finally out??-image.jpeg  
Old 09-10-2016 | 10:33 PM
Msquad
Road Captain

Your database is the most recent. NA-MY2017.

Old 09-11-2016 | 05:36 AM
mitchflhx
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Msquad
Your database is the most recent. NA-MY2017.
I should add my software version says
"Navigation Software 9-10-14 621676"

Old 09-11-2016 | 06:53 AM
Msquad
Road Captain

Originally Posted by mitchflhx
I should add my software version says
"Navigation Software 9-10-14 621676"
I'd say that's the latest too. Mine is all up to date and that is what I have too.

Old 09-11-2016 | 08:36 AM
68 XLCH
Road Warrior

My update went smoothly, but really time consuming. Satellite internet download SPEED, an oxymoron. 2.5 hour download. Other than that no issues.

It is a convoluted process, with a design to prevent piracy and a with a few potential infotainment idiosyncrasies it can be a bit of a challenge.

Review the process, take your time, it works.

The following users liked this post:
RollaMo (09-11-2016)

Quick Reply: New map for BOOM! Nav finally out??