Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advan Black color matched extended saddlebags

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2018, 10:29 PM
Ssitruc
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,030 Likes on 705 Posts

Has anyone ordered theses bags and lids with Advan Black’s hardware also? Thinking about ordering a complete set of stretched bags, so I can keep my factory bags as they are and not rob the parts off of them... but I haven’t seen anything on the hardware kits Advan sells as far a quality, sturdiness, and looks. Anyone using their saddlebag hardware? How do they compare with the stock HD hardware (hinges, locks, reflector, latch, etc).

Last edited by Ssitruc; 02-14-2018 at 10:32 PM.
Old 02-19-2018, 09:33 PM
dschock
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really like the look of the extended bags and fender extension combination. I've looked at as many pictures as I could find including the ones on Advanblacks facebook site and noticed that sometimes the bag and fender extension don't line up real well. In other pictures they seem to line up perfectly. I'm not talking about the muffler alignment, just the bag and fender extension alignment. Is this an issue in some cases?

Old 02-20-2018, 06:35 AM
memphisharley
Road Warrior

Received 464 Likes on 355 Posts

Originally Posted by dschock
I really like the look of the extended bags and fender extension combination. I've looked at as many pictures as I could find including the ones on Advanblacks facebook site and noticed that sometimes the bag and fender extension don't line up real well. In other pictures they seem to line up perfectly. I'm not talking about the muffler alignment, just the bag and fender extension alignment. Is this an issue in some cases?
yeah.. like this. I can make adjustments but was in such a hurry to ride it. I'll make them this weekend.

Attached Thumbnails Advan Black color matched extended saddlebags-20180220_062648.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
dschock (02-20-2018)
Old 02-20-2018, 07:09 AM
dschock
Cruiser

Originally Posted by memphisharley
yeah.. like this. I can make adjustments but was in such a hurry to ride it. I'll make them this weekend.
The blackout looks great. How do you make adjustments?

Old 02-20-2018, 07:22 AM
roadpop
Tourer
Location: Living 33yrs in Sunny Florida !!! Living the retirement dream....Love it!!!
Received 85 Likes on 61 Posts

I went to my Harley dealer to see how the CVO fender and bags match up on a new bike to my AdvanBlack CVO fender and bags..they match identical to new and all I’ve used are the rubber pieces that plug in under the bags..their tight and don’t rattle on the support bars..

Old 02-20-2018, 07:40 AM
black01
Tourer
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Look for Steven Housden on youtube. He has a video that shows how to adjust them.

Old 02-20-2018, 08:05 AM
xmen9c
Road Master
Received 242 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by black01
Look for Steven Housden on youtube. He has a video that shows how to adjust them.
Watched the tips and tricks video. Some of his suggestions seem a little hokey as if we shouldn't have to do all that for these to line up. But... I guess at basically 1/2 what HDs stretched bags would cost, it might be worth it to some. Dunno.. still looking and debating if I go AB route, HD route or just buy some stretched bags and have them painted with Colorite matched paint.

Old 02-20-2018, 10:16 AM
memphisharley
Road Warrior

Received 464 Likes on 355 Posts

thanks
I will be adjusting the rubber isolators under the bags to try and bring them down some. I am confident I can get the bags lined up better.

Old 02-20-2018, 02:26 PM
rochman
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by AdvanBlack
Hi whocares,

Plz check if you sent the us the correct email info@advanblack.com

All emails will get answer within 24 hours

Sam
Are you guys still on Holidays , I e-mailed yous about the CVO Fender for my Street Glide Special last week , please respond ASAP to mikedesrochers@yahoo.ca

Old 02-24-2018, 03:10 PM
dschock
Cruiser

Originally Posted by memphisharley
thanks
I will be adjusting the rubber isolators under the bags to try and bring them down some. I am confident I can get the bags lined up better.
I'd be interested in seeing how you make out if you get a chance to post a pic afterward.

Quick Reply: Advan Black color matched extended saddlebags