Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advan Black color matched extended saddlebags

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2018, 06:10 PM
oakmossy
Road Warrior
Received 77 Likes on 66 Posts

garbage. Buy harley bags. This is according to my friend Freddy who knows this stuff. He said they crack in cold weather because they are made of uncrossed linked polyurethane. Go figure. expensive bikes expensive parts.

Last edited by oakmossy; 01-09-2018 at 06:11 PM.
Old 01-09-2018, 06:39 PM
roadpop
Tourer
Location: Living 33yrs in Sunny Florida !!! Living the retirement dream....Love it!!!
Received 85 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by TBagger
I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on the same combo for my Ultra. Wondering how u getting out so cheap. What color dud you order ? Mine is Mysterious Red and comes in slightly over $1300 with the 5%. Keep us posted with the install.
My color is Vivid Black. Bags 429 no pinstripes and CVO fender is 699 no pinstripes...couple people said they put wrong stripes on bags and my fender isn’t striped from factory...figured I’ll get it striped at Daytona Bike Week in March ,right up the street from me..so total was 1128 and 5% discount of 56.40 and it’s 1071.60. my color is single and I think other colors have a higher charge, seeing the new video installing the CVO fender hooked me.i just want my bike to stand out from all the other Ultra‘s and I’m not interested in spending 5 grand to do it ..my bike is stock..if I want fast it’s sitting right next to it

The following users liked this post:
TBagger (01-10-2018)
Old 01-11-2018, 09:20 PM
tbrince
Tourer
Received 48 Likes on 44 Posts

From a quick search all Advan bags etc are made from ABS, same as most aftermarket as well as OEM. I'd like to talk with Freddy sounds like we have common interests, I have over thirty years experience in the plastics industry including profile extrusion and injection molding. Machine set up repair and trouble shooting , R&D , process control and quality control. Our company was big on cross training. I already posted on another thread concerning quality parameters I checked after receiving my Advan parts, OEM, no. Very good , yes. I am happy so far with my purchases and the customer service. I'll post again after I finish my install.

roadpop (01-11-2018)
Old 01-11-2018, 09:28 PM
tbrince
Tourer
Received 48 Likes on 44 Posts

One other thing , what is considered cold?my unheated shop was below zero five nights in a row with daytime only hitting ten above. Actually it's been like this for two weeks. I didn't see any problems when I was in shop today. It hit 55 this afternoon,crazy weather. Of course I didn't get out on bike , salt, but bags looked great.

xmen9c (01-13-2018)
Old 01-16-2018, 01:48 PM
roadpop
Tourer
Location: Living 33yrs in Sunny Florida !!! Living the retirement dream....Love it!!!

Just received my stretched bags from Advanblack..they came in one large box and were packed so well I can’t imagine how they could be damaged in shipping.. the Vivid Black matches dead on with the factory paint..I switched the lids over and they give you small metal plates to put behind the inside hinges for more support..I actually had a hard time switching everything over..took longer than it should have..because I had Dupuytren surgery on my left hand couple weeks ago ( google it ) other wise it would be a breeze..they include their security mounting kit in place of Harley’s recall kit...the lids lock very easy maybe easier than the old lids did...they include rubber mounts that attach to the bottom of the bags for stability...the bags fit about 1/4 inch from the exhaust so I put a rubber spacer mount which is also included on the black support rail and it kicked the bottoms out so now it’s about 1 to 1 1/4 inch clearance...these bags were shipped from California and it took them only 6 days to me...now I’m waiting for the CVO fender which is coming from Hong Kong which should be couple more weeks...I gotta tell you the bags look just like my factory bags..they look like same type of plastic..no adjustment was needed ,the holes all matched up perfect...once I get the fender then I’ll align everything like it should be...
To all the haters I paid $1071 delivered instead of $ 5000+from Harley and very pleased with the product from Advanblack

Last edited by roadpop; 01-16-2018 at 01:52 PM. Reason: .
The following 2 users liked this post by roadpop:
Covert Olds (01-16-2018), xmen9c (01-17-2018)
Old 01-16-2018, 02:11 PM
QNman
Supporter
Received 3,716 Likes on 1,991 Posts

Originally Posted by roadpop
To all the haters I paid $1071 delivered instead of $ 5000+from Harley and very pleased with the product from Advanblack
I'm not a hater, but...

I was that happy too - when I got my lowers. I hope they hold up better for you than my lowers have for me.

Old 01-16-2018, 02:12 PM
Ripcode
Tourer
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by QNman
I'm not a hater, but...

I was that happy too - when I got my lowers. I hope they hold up better for you than my lowers have for me.
What issues did you have?

Old 01-16-2018, 02:35 PM
QNman
Supporter
Received 3,716 Likes on 1,991 Posts

Originally Posted by Ripcode
What issues did you have?
The paint is a good match, but it chips easily. After 5,000 miles, the lowers are chipped all to hell. I had 20,000 miles on my 2010 Ultra with minimal chips on the factory lowers; these look 5 times worse with 1/4 the miles.

The right side vent opening barely operates. It never operated 100%, but now, if I want to adjust it, then 3 out of 4 times I have to wait until I'm stopped and manually manipulate the vent door itself. The operator just doesn't work.

The glove boxes have never latched properly. They are difficult to get open, and difficult to get closed. Not a huge deal, as I don't use them much, but still a PITA.

Obviously, no moving parts on the bag lowers, so there's that. I hope your paint holds up far better than mine has.

Old 01-17-2018, 07:00 AM
Softy 103
Banned
Received 259 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by roadpop
Just received my stretched bags from Advanblack..they came in one large box and were packed so well I can’t imagine how they could be damaged in shipping.. the Vivid Black matches dead on with the factory paint..I switched the lids over and they give you small metal plates to put behind the inside hinges for more support..I actually had a hard time switching everything over..took longer than it should have..because I had Dupuytren surgery on my left hand couple weeks ago ( google it ) other wise it would be a breeze..they include their security mounting kit in place of Harley’s recall kit...the lids lock very easy maybe easier than the old lids did...they include rubber mounts that attach to the bottom of the bags for stability...the bags fit about 1/4 inch from the exhaust so I put a rubber spacer mount which is also included on the black support rail and it kicked the bottoms out so now it’s about 1 to 1 1/4 inch clearance...these bags were shipped from California and it took them only 6 days to me...now I’m waiting for the CVO fender which is coming from Hong Kong which should be couple more weeks...I gotta tell you the bags look just like my factory bags..they look like same type of plastic..no adjustment was needed ,the holes all matched up perfect...once I get the fender then I’ll align everything like it should be...
Wow, don't know where you priced the H-D bags, but Im pretty sure they don't cost $5000

Old 01-17-2018, 07:18 AM
roadpop
Tourer

WOW what’s that mean?...If you read my post you would see that includes a CVO fender and LED lights along with the bags..AH

Quick Reply: Advan Black color matched extended saddlebags