Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advan Black color matched extended saddlebags

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2017, 11:22 PM
bigb_flhtcu
Stage III
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

OK, I purchased a set of these for my new Road Glide. Have them installed. I'd say the fitment is decent but the holes are a little off on mine. Have to bind the back bag screw a bit to get it to thread. Not a show stopper but not perfect. Paint seems good to me but time will tell. Now on to the fender extension that matches them. Totally not happy with that.

After taking my bike apart to fit the Fender Extension I found out that the custom dynamics tri-bar light simply doesn’t fit on the extension as advertised. The part is manufactured such that the opening between the retainer bar at the bottom and the screw holes is between 1/8 – 1/4 inch narrower than the factory part (See pictures). I even tried modifying my light bar and bending the screw tabs on the light bar to make it fit but there is absolutely no way. The extension’s moldings are just not the right size. I've emailed them to see what, if anything, they can do. Here are the pictures.

Look closely at the differences between the points I've described below:

Stock from first light bar insert to bottom of the mounting screw 1-1/4”

Their part from same 1”

Stock from bottom mount point to bottom of the mounting screw 2-3/8”

Their part from same 2-1/4”

Old 07-14-2017, 09:56 AM
dabears1985
Tourer
Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Does anybody know if these bags fit with 4.5 in exhaust? I reached out to Advan Black and they said that they will definitely fit 4 in. In all the pictures from the back that I have seen it looks as though they should fit 4.5's as well.

Old 07-15-2017, 10:34 AM
GTK
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 579 Likes on 414 Posts

Originally Posted by mag11581
Is the color match dead on? I have a 2016 ultra limited in mysterious sun glow/velocity red sun glow. Been thinking about a painted inner fairing.
As long as I'm putting it out there, what color should I do it? The darker red or the lighter red?
I just bought some lowers in Velocity Red Sunglow and the color is a dead on match to factory finish.

Old 07-26-2017, 07:48 PM
kustom78
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

did they fix your problem bigb_flhtcu?i've seen a bunch that fit not sure if they modified it though.

Old 08-24-2017, 10:54 AM
Ripcode
Tourer
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by dabears1985
Does anybody know if these bags fit with 4.5 in exhaust? I reached out to Advan Black and they said that they will definitely fit 4 in. In all the pictures from the back that I have seen it looks as though they should fit 4.5's as well.
Wondering the same, so giving this a bump!

Old 09-14-2017, 02:10 PM
drjenkins09
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dabears1985
I just did a chat with them. I was told they would fit with a shim, but that it would actually be better to run just the bags without the extended fender with a 4.5" exhaust.

Old 09-16-2017, 04:03 AM
Timberjkd
Tourer
Received 74 Likes on 55 Posts
Default Advanblack questions

Couple questions...
Anyone know if the fender fascia extension will line up with other cvo bags? I want the extended bags but 4.5 inches is gonna drag the way I lean. I drag floorboards sometimes. I like the look of the vtwin cvo style bags and they got great reviews. They aren't colormatched but painting isn't an issue for me.
Also Advanblack said their 14-17 bags will actually fit 09-13s. They just ask for pics of your mounts to be sure before ordering. Anyone have any results with pics? My buddy has a 15 Road king and his stock bags fit my 13 Street glide no problem but they stick beyond my fender a little. They look alot like what HD did with the 2018 street glide special.
All replies appreciated.

Old 09-23-2017, 11:15 PM
andito77
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just ordered a Tour Pak (with cutouts for speaker pods) , Stretched Bags, and Fairing Lowers w/ speaker pods in HCC Black Gold Flake. I asked before I ordered, and they include the flame decals, which is cool. It doesn't seem like an easy color to do well, so this should be a pretty definitive test. I'll post pics and comparisons with my stock saddlebags. I'll also post pics when I have everything installed. I'll also offer my opinion, but I think that the pictures should cover it. I absolutely did not get any special treatment or offers from them. This will be a completely honest review.

Old 09-24-2017, 09:11 PM
tbrince
Tourer
Received 48 Likes on 44 Posts

I just installed the fairing lowers. Took about three weeks to receive after ordering. Color match,Blackened Cayenne, is very good. Paint quality is good. There were two spots , one very fine sanding marks, and one scuff. Neither was bad and were very small. One glove box was askew slightly, I loosened the three screws under the cap and was able to adjust it. Vent doors are a little stiff but I think will work better with use. One vent door opening was a little warped but isn't noticeable once installed. Overall I'm happy considering I saved over two hundred dollars verses OEM. Of the two spots in the paint one is under my highway peg, and the other only is visible under fluorescent lights. I haven't had luck posting pics sorry.

Old 09-24-2017, 09:32 PM
tbrince
Tourer
Received 48 Likes on 44 Posts

Quick Reply: Advan Black color matched extended saddlebags