10 Row oil cooler on the "8", where can I buy for my Rushmore

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2016, 09:24 AM
alarmdoug
Road Warrior
Received 244 Likes on 168 Posts
Default 10 Row oil cooler on the "8", where can I buy for my Rushmore

Real simple, sweet and short.

I assume the new 10 row cooler on the Milwaukee 8 will be an EASY swap with my 6 row oil cooler on my 2014 Rushmore Road King.

How can I buy one ASAP? Anyone looked into it yet?
I know I can buy an aftermarket from Jagg, but why not go with a plug and play from HD?
No oil adapter to fool around with etc.
I tried checking HDs website for the part, I guess to soon?

Ahh... just found the oil cooler on HD website for 2017 and they now have a fan assist cooler, I wonder if FAN is stock on the 8 or option, doesnt show compatibility with anything but 2017 but you would think if there is a non fan 10 row, it would be compatible?

Last edited by alarmdoug; 09-05-2016 at 09:44 AM.
Old 09-05-2016, 09:37 AM
Led Sled
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am also interested in putting the new M8 oil cooler on my 15 SGS

Old 09-05-2016, 09:48 AM
alarmdoug
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Led Sled
I am also interested in putting the new M8 oil cooler on my 15 SGS
Yes, it just makes sense.

Old 09-05-2016, 09:48 AM
TriGeezer
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 30,882 Likes on 11,605 Posts

FWIW...if your bike came from factory with an oil cooler, you don't need to install the adapter if Usingvthe Jagg cooler. I installed on one mine, and it was "plug and play".

Old 09-05-2016, 09:54 AM
End Loser
Tourer
Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

Here it is, doesn't look plug and play.

http://www.stcharlesharleydavidson.c...2fCOOLANT_DIST

http://www.stcharlesharleydavidson.c...CRANKCASE%2c_E

Last edited by End Loser; 09-05-2016 at 10:10 AM.
Old 09-05-2016, 10:02 AM
alarmdoug
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by TriGeezer
FWIW...if your bike came from factory with an oil cooler, you don't need to install the adapter if Usingvthe Jagg cooler. I installed on one mine, and it was "plug and play".
I have contacted Jagg about this a month or two ago as they do not have it on their website, they only have it with the adapter.
Yes, if you call them, they will sell you one special without the adapter, just seems a little funky that you have to call them and not on their site.

My key question is, are you happy with the Jagg? Any issues? Did you just take off the oil lines and stock HD cooler, put the new lines on and bolt the 10 row on?
Is it that simple? The reason I ask is the Jagg is not cheap, priced in the same as OEM which in itself tells me why not if I can get the OEM at the same price. But I do want to do this, also have a birthday coming up *L* wife is asking what I want.

Old 09-05-2016, 10:11 AM
alarmdoug
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by End Loser
Here it is, doesn't look plug and play.

http://www.stcharlesharleydavidson.c...2fCOOLANT_DIST
Excellent, thank you, Im sure this could be made to work but clearly not plug and play. Until someone tries it. We can see by the diagram, I suspect the oil goes directly to the cooler after traveling around the exhaust valves.

Either way, assuming you could get all the parts for mounting it, it should fit the frame of any Rushmore as I do not think the actual frame has been changed in anyway.
With that said, 2017 parts will not exactly be easy to get in a hurry and I dont have the time to play around much, maybe just go with a Jagg or wait until next year. I am sure someone in here will have dont it by then. If the Jagg was priced a little better I wouldnt think twice but its the same as OEM parts.

Old 09-05-2016, 06:16 PM
Bruce00
Extreme HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

When I took the demo ride, the larger oil cooler was the first thing I noticed walking up to the bike. If buying one new to replace your existing oil cooler, the price will make it undoable.
I think a fan assisted Jagg would be a better buy vs buying a new OEM cooler. Will be watching for someone to be the first to install a 2017 cooler on an older bike..........LOL

Old 09-05-2016, 06:32 PM
Ultraboy105
Tourer
Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by alarmdoug
Excellent, thank you, Im sure this could be made to work but clearly not plug and play. Until someone tries it. We can see by the diagram, I suspect the oil goes directly to the cooler after traveling around the exhaust valves.

Either way, assuming you could get all the parts for mounting it, it should fit the frame of any Rushmore as I do not think the actual frame has been changed in anyway.
With that said, 2017 parts will not exactly be easy to get in a hurry and I dont have the time to play around much, maybe just go with a Jagg or wait until next year. I am sure someone in here will have dont it by then. If the Jagg was priced a little better I wouldnt think twice but its the same as OEM parts.
Could go total crazy and get twin cooled heads.

Old 09-05-2016, 07:51 PM
Led Sled
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does any one know which is the inlet and outlet on the 14-16 factory oil coolers? I looked at the parts diagram and went to the dealer today and studied the M8 oil cooler. It looks like it can be done with a couple custom oil lines.

Quick Reply: 10 Row oil cooler on the "8", where can I buy for my Rushmore