Sponsored by:

One more seat discussion

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2016, 12:56 PM
FilthyMike
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default One more seat discussion

I test rode a Hammock seat today and I found it much more comfortable than the stock seat on my limited. I'm also interested in the Ultimate seat but I can only test drive it if I buy it first.

For you guys that have tried both, which one made your rear happier? I'm looking at butt burn, big Jim and the twins being happy, and just plain old comfort.

Old 09-01-2016, 01:32 PM
harley0711
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by FilthyMike
I test rode a Hammock seat today and I found it much more comfortable than the stock seat on my limited. I'm also interested in the Ultimate seat but I can only test drive it if I buy it first.

For you guys that have tried both, which one made your rear happier? I'm looking at butt burn, big Jim and the twins being happy, and just plain old comfort.
Seats are like handle bars - What I like and feels good to me may NOT work for you, good to ask questions here but Do NOT take the replies as Gold - they are just our opinions and may or may not work for you. Your weight, body build and how YOUR butt fits that seat makes all the difference and how many miles you ride and how many days in a row. I like and only use Corbin - but that me,

We had a member here a while back that no matter what seat he tried, he had issues - even he admitted that is was the way HE sat in the seat - hard guy to fit,,, I do not remember what he ended up with.

Good luck on your search.

fyi - to really know a seat is to ride hours on it... taking one for a test drive is like going on one date and saying something stupid like "Marry Me" LOL

Old 09-01-2016, 02:11 PM
TriGeezer
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29,730 Likes on 11,274 Posts

I recently finished a trip, with the last day doing 400 miles on my stock seat. The stock seat is 4 years old, and has 20,000 miles. I had major butt bone pain after about each 1 hour of riding. I never had it this bad before. And I have lots of natural padding. Also, it was rather hot at 100 degrees, and I have the HD waffle pad that really helps with swamp butt. It's been about 1 year since we had a long trip.

Is it possible that the padding in my seat is breaking down? It feels nice and squishy...but I don't recall how it was before...

Any suggestions???

Old 09-01-2016, 03:41 PM
lyork
Stellar HDF Member
Received 450 Likes on 318 Posts

Give me a few days. My Ultimate seat is being delivered Friday and we hope to test ride the Hammock tonight

Old 09-01-2016, 04:03 PM
FilthyMike
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

How long will it take from the time you ordered that Ultimate seat until it arrives?

Old 09-01-2016, 04:30 PM
SNDSLGR
Cruiser
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I have tried the stock, Sundowner, Hammock, Zepplin and a friends Ultimate. Nothing comes close to my Mustang Summit. I love this seat. (each person will feel the same about others, personal thing but try the Summit)

Old 09-01-2016, 05:14 PM
lyork
Stellar HDF Member
Received 450 Likes on 318 Posts

How long will it take from the time you ordered that Ultimate seat until it arrives?
Ordered Monday, shipped Tuesday, arriving Friday

Old 09-01-2016, 05:40 PM
hamah
Road Warrior
Received 371 Likes on 281 Posts

harley0711 is spot on. No two bums are the same so why would any seat be the "best" seat for anyone but you? Try them all as demos or make sure there is a good return policy. Chances are you aren't going to get it right the 1st time UNLESS you go custom. Then the seat is made for your *** alone. I'm lucky enough to live close enough to Rich's Custom Seats to have my stock seat properly fitted for me (included moving the position back 2", adding gel pad, heat, modifying my backrest to also move back 2", and replace vinyl with leather). Ain't cheap though but I guess you (hopefully) get what you pay for.

Old 09-01-2016, 06:31 PM
tpcowfish
Road Warrior
Received 192 Likes on 169 Posts

I can't tell you what is the best seat for you, but iv'e owned a Hammock, and an Ultimate, The Ultimate sat better, but was terrible (for me) on long rides, felt like sitting on the seat pan, Hammock was better, for about 1,700 miles, but then felt bad, but could of been the sling had slipped, as of what i have read here in another thread, i own a Mustang now which i like , but not perfect yet, seems to get better in time tho

Old 09-01-2016, 07:11 PM
ChaoticMunky
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SNDSLGR
I have tried the stock, Sundowner, Hammock, Zepplin and a friends Ultimate. Nothing comes close to my Mustang Summit. I love this seat. (each person will feel the same about others, personal thing but try the Summit)
I've been wanting to test out the Summit. Wasn't too impressed with the Sundowner or Hammock.

Quick Reply: One more seat discussion