Sponsored by:

Great dealership experience!

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2016, 06:37 PM
chopper_man
Stellar HDF Member

Received 1,660 Likes on 986 Posts
Default Great dealership experience!

Had the pleasure of visiting High Octane Harley in Billerica MA today, first time going there. Went in with my youngest daughter looking for a new seat for my 14 SGS. Was checking out the demo seats they had hanging on the wall and was bullshitting with one of the guys there. Turns out he was the Parts Manager there, name was Dave. Went thru all kinds of seats, couldn't find one I liked. Asked him about the CVO ones, told me they didn't have any of those for demo but maybe there was one on the floor. There was a 2016 on the floor but not the one I wanted (I wanted the 2015 one, without the stitching). Couldn't find one on the floor so he brought us to the annex. Found one on a customers bike, looked like exactly what I wanted, he said lets keep looking, maybe there is another you can sit on (there we close to 100 bikes in there). We ended up finding another SG up there with the seat on it. He pulled it out and let me try it. Exactly what I was looking for. Huge kudo's for 2 things, 1 not letting me try the customers bike, total respect for that, shows me how they would treat my bike there and 2, not giving up and finding one for me to try.

We then went down to the parts counter to see what was in stock, he thought he had one but needed to double check. Sure enough, had one in stock. I asked if we could take it out to my bike and put it on. I had some rub marks on my tank, side covers and rear fender from the stock seat and wanted to make sure it would cover them. It didn't, could see some of it all the way around. I was bummed, he said it looked like it would buff out. They have a guy there that does it but being a Saturday he wasn't there. I said no problem, lets get a quote for the seat, passenger seat, short detachable back rest and pad. We got that all quoted out, I asked about a military discount, he said sure thing, 10%. Awesome.

I asked him how much he thought his paint guy would charge to buff it out. He said lets go ask service, shouldn't be too bad. Went back to the service area (same place the demo seats were) and asked the service guy, he said let me go ask him, he came in for a quick job. We were both like, cool! Nice surprise. The Service Manager overheard us all talking about it, said bring the bike right in, if you're buying the seat, no charge. I was amazed, very, very pleased. 30 minutes later they rolled my bike back out sparkling! All buffed out, nothing left of the rub marks.

Went back to the parts counter, got everything out, they assembled my new back rest, went back to my bike, he put the new seat on, looked awesome!

Being I rode in they took my old back rest and seat and are storing it for me until I make it back up there. They had to order they passenger strap so I had to go back anyways, not sure I'll use it, but wanted it anyways.

Wow, lot longer write-up than I thought! Huge Kudo's to Dave, the service guys and paint guy. Great experience there. They sure do know how to treat a customer. Could I have gotten the stuff cheaper online, sure but only another 10%, the service I receive was worth much more than that to me!

Obligatory pictures of course!

-Brian

Old 08-20-2016, 06:42 PM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 309 Likes on 200 Posts

Nice to hear about a good experience for a change....

Old 08-20-2016, 07:38 PM
bigfish_Oh
Road Warrior
Received 64 Likes on 41 Posts

maybe I expect too much, but that is exactly what i would expect and just how I treat a customer. It is a shame that most dealers take us for granted. I can't even get them to answer the phone before I drove 50 miles.

Old 08-20-2016, 07:59 PM
1plumr1
Road Warrior
Received 413 Likes on 220 Posts

Good on you. Not enough people share the good experiences. I was in Vernal, Utah the other day, stopped for a qt of oil (I also wanted a shirt 'cause the dealership is BEERS HD). Got there right as they opened, talking to, I would guess gm or owner, forgot to ask, he gave me a lot of good info about places to see, out of the way roads to take, places to eat, etc. around the flaming gorge area. Very nice guy.

Old 08-21-2016, 06:26 AM
jpooch00
Elite HDF Member
Received 267 Likes on 226 Posts

I love stories like this. Nice to know there are some other good ones scattered around out there.

The only really good one that I have personal experience with is Sun H-D in Denver. Wouldn't buy from any other in the Denver area.

Old 08-21-2016, 06:45 AM
riknbeth
Road Master
Received 189 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by chopper_man
Had the pleasure of visiting High Octane Harley in Billerica MA today, first time going there. Went in with my youngest daughter looking for a new seat for my 14 SGS. Was checking out the demo seats they had hanging on the wall and was bullshitting with one of the guys there. Turns out he was the Parts Manager there, name was Dave. Went thru all kinds of seats, couldn't find one I liked. Asked him about the CVO ones, told me they didn't have any of those for demo but maybe there was one on the floor. There was a 2016 on the floor but not the one I wanted (I wanted the 2015 one, without the stitching). Couldn't find one on the floor so he brought us to the annex. Found one on a customers bike, looked like exactly what I wanted, he said lets keep looking, maybe there is another you can sit on (there we close to 100 bikes in there). We ended up finding another SG up there with the seat on it. He pulled it out and let me try it. Exactly what I was looking for. Huge kudo's for 2 things, 1 not letting me try the customers bike, total respect for that, shows me how they would treat my bike there and 2, not giving up and finding one for me to try.

We then went down to the parts counter to see what was in stock, he thought he had one but needed to double check. Sure enough, had one in stock. I asked if we could take it out to my bike and put it on. I had some rub marks on my tank, side covers and rear fender from the stock seat and wanted to make sure it would cover them. It didn't, could see some of it all the way around. I was bummed, he said it looked like it would buff out. They have a guy there that does it but being a Saturday he wasn't there. I said no problem, lets get a quote for the seat, passenger seat, short detachable back rest and pad. We got that all quoted out, I asked about a military discount, he said sure thing, 10%. Awesome.

I asked him how much he thought his paint guy would charge to buff it out. He said lets go ask service, shouldn't be too bad. Went back to the service area (same place the demo seats were) and asked the service guy, he said let me go ask him, he came in for a quick job. We were both like, cool! Nice surprise. The Service Manager overheard us all talking about it, said bring the bike right in, if you're buying the seat, no charge. I was amazed, very, very pleased. 30 minutes later they rolled my bike back out sparkling! All buffed out, nothing left of the rub marks.

Went back to the parts counter, got everything out, they assembled my new back rest, went back to my bike, he put the new seat on, looked awesome!

Being I rode in they took my old back rest and seat and are storing it for me until I make it back up there. They had to order they passenger strap so I had to go back anyways, not sure I'll use it, but wanted it anyways.

Wow, lot longer write-up than I thought! Huge Kudo's to Dave, the service guys and paint guy. Great experience there. They sure do know how to treat a customer. Could I have gotten the stuff cheaper online, sure but only another 10%, the service I receive was worth much more than that to me!

Obligatory pictures of course!

-Brian
Nice Ride! I have had similar experiences with my local dealer, great folks.

Old 08-22-2016, 08:27 AM
rv7garage
Road Master
Received 198 Likes on 157 Posts

Good for you! I don't even count the dealer where I bought my bike as "my" dealer... The service department there is just too surly and I avoid them

Old 08-22-2016, 01:55 PM
BigMike17
Road Master
Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

Glad to hear a good experience - they seldom get talked about.

Customer service is what it all comes down to -