Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

===All the complaining about Rushmores ===

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2016, 09:16 AM
Zerk
Banned
Received 832 Likes on 658 Posts

This topic has become more long winded then I ever thought possible.

My job is often 200 miles a day, by truck or bike, and 600 miles every other weekend to my camp. So I rack miles up on my truck. I would never get rid of an auto with 50k, but others share your opinion. I find it a waste of money.

Best bike or truck is the one that is paid for. Just thought I would add to this tangent, since the Rushmores are not old enough to judge reliability. IMO. Ha

Old 08-26-2016, 11:07 AM
nevada72
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 26,083 Likes on 12,188 Posts

Originally Posted by Zerk
This topic has become more long winded then I ever thought possible.

My job is often 200 miles a day, by truck or bike, and 600 miles every other weekend to my camp. So I rack miles up on my truck. I would never get rid of an auto with 50k, but others share your opinion. I find it a waste of money.

Best bike or truck is the one that is paid for. Just thought I would add to this tangent, since the Rushmores are not old enough to judge reliability. IMO. Ha
Gosh.....I've never been accused of being long winded before.

My job involves a lot of typing, so I'm used to dissecting minutia in written form. I often times have to explain to engineers why a bolt is 6mm too long to work in real life. That can be a a process, the end result being documentation that makes War and Peace read like a comic book. So little wonder a discussion on a subjective term like reliability has occupied as much space as it has. In fact, I think it's nothing short of miraculous. I'll wrap up that conversation with these brief words - we'll just have to agree to disagree.

I used to put on that kind of mileage for work. I had my go to vehicle and my new "reliable" vehicle. I've put up to 500k on some of them. But, I always kept a newer vehicle as a backup. That said, I recently rode my reliable SGS to Sturgis for work - 850 miles. The last 200 miles in 106 degrees - no issues. And I rode the other way to Alabany as well - 850 miles. Last 200 miles in driving rain. You're not the only one who puts miles on. So that's my "hah!"

As far as the paid for discussion, I use 20/50 synthetic when counter-steering. Gas cap on pump. Ohlin shocks. Etc.....

Old 08-26-2016, 05:13 PM
Readyt
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Went from a Wing to a Rushmore and I love it!
I hated the ride so I have been working with the shocks and seats

Old 08-26-2016, 05:18 PM
Zerk
Banned

Originally Posted by nevada72
Gosh.....I've never been accused of being long winded before.

My job involves a lot of typing, so I'm used to dissecting minutia in written form. I often times have to explain to engineers why a bolt is 6mm too long to work in real life. That can be a a process, the end result being documentation that makes War and Peace read like a comic book. So little wonder a discussion on a subjective term like reliability has occupied as much space as it has. In fact, I think it's nothing short of miraculous. I'll wrap up that conversation with these brief words - we'll just have to agree to disagree.

I used to put on that kind of mileage for work. I had my go to vehicle and my new "reliable" vehicle. I've put up to 500k on some of them. But, I always kept a newer vehicle as a backup. That said, I recently rode my reliable SGS to Sturgis for work - 850 miles. The last 200 miles in 106 degrees - no issues. And I rode the other way to Alabany as well - 850 miles. Last 200 miles in driving rain. You're not the only one who puts miles on. So that's my "hah!"

As far as the paid for discussion, I use 20/50 synthetic when counter-steering. Gas cap on pump. Ohlin shocks. Etc.....
Maybe the problem is you. Try an executive summary. Just because you know how to type doesn't mean you should, if you want to get your point across.

I have to explain stuff at work too. I have gotten comments from people that they actually read my emails, as opposed the people with fluff.

Old 08-26-2016, 07:58 PM
nevada72
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 26,083 Likes on 12,188 Posts

Maybe the problem is you. Try an executive summary. Just because you know how to type doesn't mean you should, if you want to get your point across.

I have to explain stuff at work too. I have gotten comments from people that they actually read my emails, as opposed the people with fluff.
Ha....funny. Non-Rushmore guy comes here to tell us how it is and I'm the problem. Then takes a poke at what I do for a living. Thanks for letting us know where you're coming from. Whatever dude.

Maybe stroll back to the pre-09 area where you actually might know wtf you're talking about. Maybe.

Last edited by nevada72; 08-26-2016 at 08:05 PM.
Old 08-26-2016, 08:04 PM
Zerk
Banned

I don't get what this has to do with Rushmores. I am taking bikes in general.

You Rushmore folks act like you are on spaceship, and we just can't understand.

I go into lots of subforums, since people don't seem to understand that starters are not unique to softails or dynas have same type of charging system as the rest.

You are not a special little snowflake.

Old 08-26-2016, 08:05 PM
Zerk
Banned

I bet if I look I will find a thread asking what oil to use in Rushmore.

Old 08-26-2016, 08:41 PM
whocares
Road Warrior
Received 448 Likes on 221 Posts

I think a duel at 10 paces is in order here!!! Lol.

Old 08-26-2016, 08:46 PM
Zerk
Banned

But my paces are different because I only have FLHS not a Rushmore.

I think miles are really KMs.

Old 08-30-2016, 09:30 AM
alarmdoug
Road Warrior
Received 244 Likes on 168 Posts

I said Harley bikes have been held back, not the MoCo. They know they don't have to improve the bike. People are not riding much, and people will buy whatever and just fix it themselves.

The history has been people improving Harleys after market themselves. New generation I think is not going to want to do that. They will not be accepting of faults. T

When the baby boomers are gone, Harley will have to fix problems. Will they have to build high mileage bikes, I dunno.

Im not sure how much more my 14 Road King could have been improved.
Runs all day at interstate speeds of 80 MPH without a complaint from the bike or my wife on the back. Its a motorcycle and it screams at highway speeds and is silky smooth, tracks like its on rails.

Now 2 years old, 14,000 miles and never had warranty work needed. Before warranty expired I did have them replace the front spark wire as it was a little chaffed rubbing against the gas tank.
What more could I have asked for from the bike?

For 2017 we now have a brand new power plant for the next decade and next generation of buyers who dont want to feel a bike shake at idle. The 107 is looking to be another home run by the MoCo.

Honestly, what other brand touring bike has less faults? I cant think of any. HD has got their act together moving into the next decade.
(believe it or not, I am not a brand loyal person UNLESS a company gives me a reason too, so far so good from HD and quite honestly I am shocked, being my first Harley I thought I would be breaking down all over the place based on forums and here I am 14,000 miles and 2 years I havent needed a repair. Im willing to bet no other touring brand in the 700 to 900 lb class could have beat that)

Last edited by alarmdoug; 08-30-2016 at 09:34 AM.

Quick Reply: ===All the complaining about Rushmores ===