Sponsored by:

===All the complaining about Rushmores ===

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2016, 11:18 AM
RollaMo
Grand HDF Member
Received 516 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally Posted by QNman
That's kind of the point... I have the 6.5, and I've experienced no such issues. Many, many folks on here have experienced no issues. It's actually way better than the nav/radio in my 2008 Cadillac. Personally, I think the complaints kept you away from a pretty good feature of the Rushmores. YMMV.

The system works just fine if you take the time to learn how to use it.

The following 2 users liked this post by RollaMo:
nevada72 (08-23-2016), QNman (08-23-2016)
Old 08-24-2016, 07:00 AM
Jasmine2016
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

well they are puking coolant ,mine does I wouldn't consider that negative I guess,cause when its empty I"ll be back to my air cooled Harley. The 2016 road glide ultra is a really nice machine though...2300 miles so far . It is very refined compared to the older models . I'm only 5 years into the Harley game ,put 40 k on my 09 cvo e glide (SUPER SWEET RIDE).The dealer has been great ith every issue ,small to large(southhampton Harley). I will continue to post any troubles,don't consider them negative ...just info to help the uninformed .that's why I joined the forum.sometimes its good to be one up on the dealer.Thank you internet.

Old 08-24-2016, 07:36 AM
nevada72
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 26,082 Likes on 12,187 Posts

Well now with the release of the Milwaukee 8 there will be a new bike to bitch about anyway.

Heck, we'll probably get kicked out of our space to let them have it, and we'll have to hang out with the rest of the touring forum. We're no longer special.

Old 08-24-2016, 07:52 AM
alarmdoug
Road Warrior
Received 244 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by Zerk
These people have held Harley bikes back. But in geneal you also see alot of complaints from new riders, that don't know it supposed to be hot or think a small bike with be comfy.

I also think we are entering an era where the semi new riders don't know that bikes are not supposed to be so lean. They entered the last 10 years, and it is all the have known.

There was not a market for crotch coolers at one time. Though I think we have also become wusses.
You cant say a company has been "held back" when it sells more motorcycles in the USA then ALL OTHER companies combined.
Its amazing they have been able to hold on this long, beat Japan back to their own shores, something no other company that I know of has been able to do. Japan has abandoned the big cruiser market with its tail between its legs in just the last couple years.

Old 08-24-2016, 12:46 PM
RollaMo
Grand HDF Member
Received 516 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally Posted by Jasmine2016
well they are puking coolant ,mine does I wouldn't consider that negative I guess...

I will continue to post any troubles,don't consider them negative ...just info to help the uninformed .that's why I joined the forum.sometimes its good to be one up on the dealer.Thank you internet.
When you say "Well they are puking coolant", how many is that?

And by all means, I think everyone wants to know when there is an issue.
But at the same time, keep in mind that for every bike having that issue there are thousands of them that don't have that issue.

I have just over 13,000 miles on my '15 now, and "knock on wood" not a single issue.
Of course I didn't have any issues with my '11 Street Glide before this either, even though reading internet forums leads you to think your bike is so hot it will self destruct, the compensator will fall apart, wheels bearings will crumble, etc.

Old 08-25-2016, 07:12 AM
Zerk
Banned
Received 832 Likes on 658 Posts

Originally Posted by nevada72
Yes I am. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but you don't own a Rushmore bike.

So did you say anything wrong? I believe you spoke inaccurately in stating that no one has sufficient miles on their bikes to judge reliability.
I will correct you.

I have not commented to the reliability of Rushmores. I am just commenting about guys like you with low miles, who think you have put enough on to say it is reliable.

You do not have enough miles on your bike to say if it is reliable or not.

Others not riding much, has no effect on if the bike is reliable. XXX amount of miles do.

50k starts to tell you about the bike. I have said I think you got to do 25k just to get the bugs worked out. I wouldn't leave on a trip until I put on 5k.

I have rode an Ultra to Arctic Circle, two up, so I am not going to bother bragging about 18k in two years. I'll ride 200 for work today. I am not mileage ***** I used to be though. My goal is 10k a year, where I used to consider that a bad year. But I was doing two vacations a year of 3k each. Now I spend my vacations in the woods at the camp I bought. For everythign there is a season.

So the only thing you are correct about is I do not own a Rushmore. I stand by my belief, that no one here has brought up any serious mileage to validate reliability.

Lets look at the bike when it gets 50-100. But I get the impression you sell them before they get miles on them, only saying that because you sold past bikes that were young. Thinking you don't wrench. Though maybe you just had to have the newest and coolest. Not me, but I don't fault a man for that.

Old 08-25-2016, 07:15 AM
Zerk
Banned
Received 832 Likes on 658 Posts

Originally Posted by alarmdoug
You cant say a company has been "held back" when it sells more motorcycles in the USA then ALL OTHER companies combined.
Its amazing they have been able to hold on this long, beat Japan back to their own shores, something no other company that I know of has been able to do. Japan has abandoned the big cruiser market with its tail between its legs in just the last couple years.
I said Harley bikes have been held back, not the MoCo. They know they don't have to improve the bike. People are not riding much, and people will buy whatever and just fix it themselves.

The history has been people improving Harleys after market themselves. New generation I think is not going to want to do that. They will not be accepting of faults. T

When the baby boomers are gone, Harley will have to fix problems. Will they have to build high mileage bikes, I dunno.

Old 08-25-2016, 09:03 AM
crimson13
Elite HDF Member
Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

I love mine 22k this past year 15 Ultra Classic. No season for me , my bike is my only transportation ride all yea. I would say its dependable no issues as of yet.

Old 08-25-2016, 09:16 AM
nevada72
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 26,082 Likes on 12,187 Posts

Originally Posted by Zerk
I will correct you.

I have not commented to the reliability of Rushmores. I am just commenting about guys like you with low miles, who think you have put enough on to say it is reliable.

You do not have enough miles on your bike to say if it is reliable or not.

Others not riding much, has no effect on if the bike is reliable. XXX amount of miles do.

50k starts to tell you about the bike. I have said I think you got to do 25k just to get the bugs worked out. I wouldn't leave on a trip until I put on 5k.

I have rode an Ultra to Arctic Circle, two up, so I am not going to bother bragging about 18k in two years. I'll ride 200 for work today. I am not mileage ***** I used to be though. My goal is 10k a year, where I used to consider that a bad year. But I was doing two vacations a year of 3k each. Now I spend my vacations in the woods at the camp I bought. For everythign there is a season.

So the only thing you are correct about is I do not own a Rushmore. I stand by my belief, that no one here has brought up any serious mileage to validate reliability.

Lets look at the bike when it gets 50-100. But I get the impression you sell them before they get miles on them, only saying that because you sold past bikes that were young. Thinking you don't wrench. Though maybe you just had to have the newest and coolest. Not me, but I don't fault a man for that.
Ahhhh...so we get to the crux of it. It's not about he bike as much as it's about you and your massive riding accomplishments.

But you haven't corrected anything. You've made my point. Taking your bragging at face value, I will say you log many more miles than the average guy. As stated, the average Harley rider puts 2500 miles a year on his bike. That's not my stat, it's just the one being bandied about the interweb, so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. But say it's double that even. But you say 50k starts to tell you about the bike. That right there makes your opinion null and void in the scheme of this discussion. Your opinion on what makes a bike reliable and when that happens is not the norm. In fact, it's the exception. But good for you that you pound out the miles.

So yes - I do have enough miles on my bike to say it's reliable. I know that with a fair amount of certainty that I can hop on the bike and ride to Boston without an issue. And I will continue to feel that way until the bike hits that 50k mileage mark that you say is when you are just getting to know the bike. I say that's when it's time to trade it in. And that's what I do. Every three to four years, before the bike hits 50k, I get a new one. And it has nothing to do with newest and coolest, or my inability to "wrench", which isn't the case. It's that when I take 10 days off to go somewhere, I want to be damn sure I get there. I don't want to work on a bike when I tour. And I sure as hell don't want to break down somewhere in the middle of Hwy 50 with my girl. And simple logic dictates that a newer vehicle will help me achieve my goals.

So thump your chest all you want. Your input is irrelevant for these discussion purposes. Now if you want to start a thread about how amazing you are because of the miles you are able to squeeze out of a bike, I encourage you to do so. There are many who simply can't afford to upgrade every 3 to 4 years and I'm sure they would appreciate your insights on how to get 100k on a bike.

Old 08-25-2016, 09:43 AM
Tanker2
Road Captain
Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

I'll admit I have done some bitching about my bike. I think you have the right to, for what we paid. However once I got the seat right, I have really enjoyed this 2015 Limited low. I had a 1999 Ultra used, then a 2012 Ultra. But this is the best Harley I have owned. It's got 4" Rineharts, Vance & Hines Power Duels, S&S air cleaner and Vance & Hines FP3 tuner. Bike really runs good. Hope bragging on it does jinks me LOL

Quick Reply: ===All the complaining about Rushmores ===