Sponsored by:

===All the complaining about Rushmores ===

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2016, 09:55 PM
Zerk
Banned
Received 832 Likes on 658 Posts

Originally Posted by Zerk
Any of you guys actually got one with miles on it?

They are really just an Electra Glide with water cooled heads.

People like it is something from the future.
Originally Posted by nevada72
Kinda reminds me of this guy who's a notorious Harley hater on ADV. He owned a 2002 Roadglide so he knows all there is to know about Harleys including the fact that they haven't changed in 100 ye
ars. As such, even the Rushmores are slow, handle like crap, and leak oil. Of course he's never sat on one, let alone ridden one.
You are comparing me to the Harley bashers at ADV?

My point was people are saying how reliable the Rushmores are, but all the mileages I read, were low, and did not indicate anything.

Did I claim anything was wrong with Rushmore?

Old 08-21-2016, 07:23 AM
Schoondog
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have seen some complaints usually from the die hard older generation that hates change. To each their own I say. I bought my 14 Limited on release day 3 years and 2 days ago. 19300 miles later the only work done (beyond the recalls that always happen with a new system) I replaced the rear tire at 14,500 miles and it looks like the front will be replaced before fall. My clutch may be on a short list as well (I ride hard at low speeds and teach the MSF class and practice a lot on my ride). Still loving my bike. Boom box at 1.19.1 with no issues, I have added a little coolant but service regularly, keep it clean and ride year round.

Old 08-21-2016, 07:47 AM
jclax01
Road Warrior
Received 481 Likes on 265 Posts

I want to hear about issues and complaints. It gives me something to look out for and it gives me a basis to do further research on the product I buy. case and point, the 6.5 touch screen. I seriously thought about getting it, but the complaints and my research said to not get it.

what's the value in hearing all peaches and crème?

Old 08-21-2016, 09:04 AM
Zerk
Banned
Received 832 Likes on 658 Posts

Originally Posted by Schoondog
I have seen some complaints usually from the die hard older generation that hates change. d.
These people have held Harley bikes back. But in geneal you also see alot of complaints from new riders, that don't know it supposed to be hot or think a small bike with be comfy.

I also think we are entering an era where the semi new riders don't know that bikes are not supposed to be so lean. They entered the last 10 years, and it is all the have known.

There was not a market for crotch coolers at one time. Though I think we have also become wusses.

Old 08-21-2016, 06:00 PM
Roadster
Advanced
Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Great Motorcycle

I am 77 years old and have been riding since buying my first bike in 1966. I have had Honda's, Norton and numerous Harleys. My current 2015 Ultra Limited has 17000 miles on it and has been from Florida to Calif. I change all fluids to manual specs and have yet too have a problem. Additionally, I ride with a group of friends who to my knowledge have not had any problems. A friend recently asked me what bike I had the most fun on. I had too say it was not Harley. However, as to the most fun, I was single and did trips with girl friends. But, too the most comfortable and reliable, this black and silver baby is by far the best motorcycle I have ever owned or rode. Oh! I forgot I am one of the old guy's wants to hold Harley back......... Great site!

Old 08-21-2016, 07:23 PM
95ci springer
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Although I really love my 2015 ultra limited, I agree that the radio reception could be better as well as speaker output. The stock seat makes me feel like I'm pushed forward and sitting on the tank, but the fat rear tire sucks! Dunlop makes a great tire but with it so fat, I feel it likes to walk in tire grooves and ruts. I don't see the need for such a wide tire.

Old 08-21-2016, 07:35 PM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 10,358 Likes on 5,498 Posts

Been to busy of a year for me. In 7 days my 2016 RGU will be one year old and only has 13,000 miles on it. Normally that would be 20-60K.
The bike is great Nothing bad to say about it. I do agree that HD could have done a better job on the inforcenter. No reason for a wired head set in 2016. The GPS is not as good as others but it works. the inforcenter works and is ok I just think it could be better.

Old 08-23-2016, 10:06 AM
QNman
Supporter
Received 3,716 Likes on 1,991 Posts

Originally Posted by jclax01
I want to hear about issues and complaints. It gives me something to look out for and it gives me a basis to do further research on the product I buy. case and point, the 6.5 touch screen. I seriously thought about getting it, but the complaints and my research said to not get it.

what's the value in hearing all peaches and crème?
That's kind of the point... I have the 6.5, and I've experienced no such issues. Many, many folks on here have experienced no issues. It's actually way better than the nav/radio in my 2008 Cadillac. Personally, I think the complaints kept you away from a pretty good feature of the Rushmores. YMMV.

The following users liked this post:
RollaMo (08-23-2016)
Old 08-23-2016, 10:38 AM
nevada72
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 26,082 Likes on 12,187 Posts

Originally Posted by Zerk
You are comparing me to the Harley bashers at ADV?

My point was people are saying how reliable the Rushmores are, but all the mileages I read, were low, and did not indicate anything.

Did I claim anything was wrong with Rushmore?
Yes I am. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but you don't own a Rushmore bike. Plenty of guys over there bash all Harleys, but haven't owned a new one, so they can't really speak with authority. So I make that comparison

Secondly, again - I have more miles on mine in 2 years than the average rider puts on in the ownership of the bike. I wish that were bragging, but I'm not. The average guy puts about 2500 miles on his bike annually. I have 18k in less than 2 years. Should be closer to 25k by the end of the season. Go onto Craigslist and tell me how many Harleys have that kind of mileage. Not many. The ones that do are considered high mileage by some.

So using other Harleys as my mileage reference, which is completely fair, I say mine is very reliable.

Now if you want to say that one can't call a Rushmore reliable until it makes x amount of miles, with x being greater than 18k miles, you would need to show me a sampling of Harleys that routinely not only make it beyond that mileage, but make it to that mileage without incident. And having one, or knowing of a few, does not represent the vintage as a whole, but rather, just a few examples which could be exceptional.

And really, why would you think a Rushmore would be any less reliable than an earlier bike? It's basically the same design as the first Twinkie with a few enhancements that make it run better and I'll wager, longer. Are there exceptions to that? Yep. The pressed crank is bullshit. Had one fail on my 2011 Ultra. The lefty bearing? yep. But have there been documented failures form using that? Not sure. Wheel bearings? Yep - they suck and have sucked for awhile. Compensator? Knock on wood, haven't had an issue. But many have. The point is, any issue the Rushmore has, the earlier bikes have. Except for, of course, Infotainment. But I and many others love theirs. No issues what so ever.

So did you say anything wrong? I believe you spoke inaccurately in stating that no one has sufficient miles on their bikes to judge reliability.

Old 08-23-2016, 10:40 AM
traildog
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 712 Likes on 359 Posts

Just at 5k and 11 months.....This bike is a REAL PIA........to WASH........

Quick Reply: ===All the complaining about Rushmores ===