Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

===All the complaining about Rushmores ===

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2016, 05:42 AM
CSMHOG
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 281 Likes on 177 Posts

I have a 15' Limited that I bought in January 2015, today it has over 31,000 miles on it. My one issue was the splines on the shifter shaft stripped, no big deal. It's been and is a great bike. I've been riding since 1981 (I think) and on all kinds of bikes. I can't recall a machine I've had yet that hasn't needed some attention, those that think it should be perfect all the time will never be happy in life. Drive on.

Old 08-14-2016, 07:29 AM
THE PEG
Road Master
Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

15' Limited with 19K. Best bike I have had. Warranty: left switch pack and saddlebag pins. I will not change to a 17' just for a motor. The 103 has been reliable and has the power. If I feel a need for power later on I will go S&S or T-Man.

Old 08-14-2016, 07:46 AM
jpooch00
Elite HDF Member
Received 267 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by ACLazer
I guess I'm tired of all the complaining, and negative comments about the new Rushmore Bikes. I have a 14 Limited that has 18,000 miles on it, and was 2 years old last month. Aside from a couple of recalls, my ride has been trouble free. Yes, a glitch now and then on the Boom Box, but I still love my bike, love the ride, love the engine sound, the mpg, and the power too. I've been riding 40 years, many HD bikes, many Metrics, and many miles, and it's the best Harley I've owned to date.

I guess I just want to hear some positive comments about your Rushmore that you have. Tired of only hearing about the negatives.

Thanks,
Dom
I don't have as many miles on my '15 Limited as you, but my experience has been the same (only I took care of the recall issues myself).

AFAIC, the MoCo has done nothing to actually earn the trust and/or respect of the general motorcycle-riding public, though. Just crankin' out endless propaganda and BS don't cut it. I think their attitude toward their customers is more of a problem than the relatively minor glitches in the first-year Rushmore bikes when compared with most of their other first-year models.

There's a saying that goes "If you don't want people badmouthing you, then don't give them an excuse to do it".

Makes sense to me.

Last edited by jpooch00; 08-14-2016 at 07:53 AM.
Old 08-14-2016, 07:48 AM
BigDawgQC
Road Warrior
Veteran: Army
Received 336 Likes on 184 Posts

Couple recalls on my Street Glide. Other than that, 25K trouble free miles. Never misses a beat. Wonderful machine. Damn I hate this bike.

Old 08-14-2016, 08:41 AM
nevada72
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 26,082 Likes on 12,187 Posts

Originally Posted by Zerk
Any of you guys actually got one with miles on it?

They are really just an Electra Glide with water cooled heads.

People like it is something from the future.
Kinda reminds me of this guy who's a notorious Harley hater on ADV. He owned a 2002 Roadglide so he knows all there is to know about Harleys including the fact that they haven't changed in 100 years. As such, even the Rushmores are slow, handle like crap, and leak oil. Of course he's never sat on one, let alone ridden one.

I always marvel at how people limit themselves by making up their minds not having even experienced what they are criticizing.

Truth is, no one is saying they are futuristic. What we are saying is despite the negativity out there, many of us realize that they are making the bikes more reliable with each generation of bikes. I have more miles on my Rushmore in the past two years than most used old Harleys have for sale on Craigslist, which, unfortunately, isn't saying much.

So, do I have more miles on my bike than the average Harley rider has on their pre Rushmore bike? Yep.

And water cooled heads.........uh.....no.

Last edited by nevada72; 08-14-2016 at 08:43 AM.
Old 08-14-2016, 08:47 AM
USMC_ech110
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I love my '16 Road King!

Old 08-14-2016, 08:55 AM
rjammo
Banned
Received 261 Likes on 191 Posts

'14 Road King CVO, 10K miles (yep, I only ride when it's above 55 degrees and there's less than a 30% chance of rain). Recalls done on the spot with no appointment. Other than that, not a single issue. Love the bike!

Old 08-14-2016, 12:00 PM
jd05flhtci
Road Warrior
Received 311 Likes on 249 Posts

Bought my '16 Street glide October 31 and have rode 9k trouble free miles. Did the clutch recall 2 weeks ago and replaced the fuel cap. Love my Rushmore

Old 08-14-2016, 10:55 PM
smitty8202
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Everyone has an opinion on everything. The only opinion that matters on any subject is your own. if your happy with the bike who cares what anyone else thinks.

Read a lot about the Rushmore's and rode a 16 Street glide Special last year shortly after they came out. was a busy day at the dealership i frequent and the salesmen i talk to a lot said just bring it back before we close. HAHA took it out for about 100 miles loved every minute of it. took a little bit to get used to the cloth and linked brakes as i have an 08 street glide. only reason i didn't buy one is i was leaving for Okinawa, Japan in April. Saving my money now and planning on buying one free and clear when i get back in 2019. hoping i can find a slightly used 16 or 17 for a good price. hell Harley may even revamp them again but who knows.

with that being said i have noticed a lot of slightly used (under 10,000 miles) rushmore models for sale whether it be 14 15 16. So i don't really know how to take that cause they are great bikes and can't wait to ride mine home in 2.5 short years.

Old 08-15-2016, 05:29 AM
jpmoyer
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok here ya go...I bought a 15RK morocco gold pearl last year, absolutely love the bike. Thought it would cause a divorce since I didn't tell her about buying it, instead now she actually gets a bit pissy if we don't go for a ride! No major problems for me either. I got 11,ooo miles on her now, I guess I'm one of the lucky ones that got a bike with no issues, although i did change out the rear shocks to pro action this year. The suspension on these bikes should be better for the money that we pay but you can't please everyone! Ride on and be safe!

Quick Reply: ===All the complaining about Rushmores ===