Sponsored by:

===All the complaining about Rushmores ===

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2016, 09:40 AM
GalvTexGuy
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 4,214 Likes on 2,306 Posts

So, people who spent their hard-earned money on a Harley and have had issues with them, some pretty serious, shouldn't complain that their bikes aren't as "perfect" as yours? That doesn't seem fair.

Old 08-13-2016, 10:45 AM
RollaMo
Grand HDF Member
Received 516 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally Posted by GalvTexGuy
So, people who spent their hard-earned money on a Harley and have had issues with them, some pretty serious, shouldn't complain that their bikes aren't as "perfect" as yours? That doesn't seem fair.
I don't think that is what anybody is saying.

Nobody, and I mean nobody builds a perfect machine (Harley, BMW, Victory, Indian, etc).
So, there will always be a select few that have an issue now and then.

If you base your buying decision only on some of those posts, you would never buy a Rushmore.

The fact is, for every bike with an issue there are hundreds or thousands of identical bikes without that issue.
But when you read internet forums, it sometimes leads you to believe that all of them suck.

The following 2 users liked this post by RollaMo:
bradsULtd (08-13-2016), RickLB (08-15-2016)
Old 08-13-2016, 10:45 AM
TimLScheffer
Road Captain
Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

The Linked Anti-Lock saved my life.... I won't ever ride a bike again that does not have it... That being said I have had some issues with the bike... All of which have been remedied under warranty. Wheel bearings went out on front and back, when it happened on the back it was scary... wobble wobble... Twice brakes quit working becasue of the recall issue. Twice had it in with bent valve... Ripped out the Boom guts and replaced it with a system from soundzcoustumz.com ... got rid of the back banger corner bobbin premium air shocks and replaced them with Ohlins... added a Garmin to replace the wanna be guidance system... My shifter fell off the shaft before I went a thousand miles... It's getting there... It seems to me like Rushmore stands for Rush to market and let the riders be our test track... All that being said... I Love me Ultra Limited CVO... Mainly cause I'm sold on the Harley Brand... They should offer a Premium Bike with all the good stuff on it... Mine is not a garage queen... I have 80 thousand on my 14 CVO Ultra Limited purchesed May 2014...

Last edited by TimLScheffer; 08-13-2016 at 11:06 AM.
Old 08-13-2016, 11:03 AM
Kseeley
Cruiser
Received 34 Likes on 12 Posts

I'm loving my 15 limited. No issues here!!

Old 08-13-2016, 11:26 AM
GalvTexGuy
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 4,214 Likes on 2,306 Posts

Originally Posted by RollaMo
I don't think that is what anybody is saying.

Nobody, and I mean nobody builds a perfect machine (Harley, BMW, Victory, Indian, etc).
So, there will always be a select few that have an issue now and then.

If you base your buying decision only on some of those posts, you would never buy a Rushmore.

The fact is, for every bike with an issue there are hundreds or thousands of identical bikes without that issue.
But when you read internet forums, it sometimes leads you to believe that all of them suck.
Maybe I'm the exception, but I don't get the impression from reading these forums that Harley bikes are any more susceptible to problems than any other bike. In fact, just the opposite is true. Then again, I've been on the Internet long enough to have realized that bad news travels faster than the speed of light. Misery loves company.

Old 08-13-2016, 11:41 AM
Captain Itch
Sponsor
Received 616 Likes on 332 Posts

16 Road King both rear shocks replaced under warranty for leaking oil.. Other than that 10,000 happy miles.

Old 08-13-2016, 11:58 AM
nevada72
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 26,082 Likes on 12,187 Posts

No issues on mine at all. Lots of local riding and two long trips. Bike never misses a beat. Best bike I ever had.

Old 08-13-2016, 12:37 PM
CJeep
Road Captain
Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

I was in the market for an '09 up police Road King. Despite some negative comments, the Rushmore crew seemed so happy with them, that I upped my budget to include '14 or up. Then, I decided that it would be a '14, as a bunch of PDs apparently lease bikes for 2 years. Stopped looking at anything older.

Even though the Road King is only half Rushmore (cable clutch, air cooled, no fairing to vent, etc.) And older cop bikes came stock with an HO engine, which I suspect is the same as the Rushmore 103, I'm very happy with my choice so far.

Old 08-13-2016, 01:40 PM
lrcormier
Cruiser
Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by ACLazer
I guess I'm tired of all the complaining, and negative comments about the new Rushmore Bikes. I have a 14 Limited that has 18,000 miles on it, and was 2 years old last month. Aside from a couple of recalls, my ride has been trouble free. Yes, a glitch now and then on the Boom Box, but I still love my bike, love the ride, love the engine sound, the mpg, and the power too. I've been riding 40 years, many HD bikes, many Metrics, and many miles, and it's the best Harley I've owned to date.

I guess I just want to hear some positive comments about your Rushmore that you have. Tired of only hearing about the negatives.

Thanks,
Dom
Been riding HD for 44 years, my 2014 FLHTK is the best one so far. I actually tried a GOLDWING for a couple years, bought new in 2006. Smooth and powerful but no soul, and trust me they have issues also. I ultimately got rid of it and purchased a 2012 FLHTK, but when RUSHMORE came out i was blown away by the improvements and could not be more pleased. Like someone has said, when you go to a forum it's generally the ones who have things to complain about that are posting and not the ones who do not have any issues. But in spite of the complaints remember they are actually in the minority and often the complaints are about very minor issues from people with no basis for comparison. Love my 2014 FLHTK, it's a definite keeper and it would take something pretty dramatic for my to buy new, not even a new 107 or 117 would be enough to buy for several more years, at 64 today this could possibly be my last bike, but who knows.

Old 08-13-2016, 02:04 PM
lrcormier
Cruiser
Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Just to add to my previous post. I learn a lot by coming to this forum and reading what some people are complaining about. For instance i replaced my rear shocks with OHLINS because like many i was not satisfied with the air shocks, I could of tolerated them and had to think twice about spending that kind of money on something so obscure, but because I could afford it I went for it and have to say it's one of the best decisions I've made. Heat from the motor and header was an issue for me on my 2012 FLHTK, and i learned about Fuel Moto from post on this FORUM. I purchased a JACKPOT header and POWER VISION from them for my 2012 and then transfered that stuff to my 2014. Did i need to make any of these changes, not really, but I enjoy doing my own wrenching and love the improvements.

The following users liked this post:
TimLScheffer (08-13-2016)

Quick Reply: ===All the complaining about Rushmores ===