Sponsored by:

2016 street glide cvo

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2016, 11:34 AM
riknbeth
Road Master
Received 189 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by Jrman29
Sales manager called and told me that 30100 is the price and thats it he said im f in crazy wanting more off and started ranting and raving about running a dealership and how much it cost very nasty on phone and telling me he has other people intereseted in bike i told him ok good luck. The other dealer i got price from is 350 more but much nicer and i bought my other bikes there should i just take the hit and buy from dealer i am comfortable with that i been dealing with for years?
Good call. Every dealer is run differently. There is a dealer locally that got bought out by a group in Kansas city. My local Indie and my local dealer are now swamped with service work since the new owners are pissing off their customers. It could be that the management at the dealer you are talking to is really pushing them to make more money but that is never an excuse to treat customers poorly. Ever... My dealer is awesome, great service, great people and like I said I was able to negotiate down the price on my two bikes (non-CVO versions). Find a good dealer and negotiate best you can, then ride and be happy. Good luck to you.

Old 08-07-2016, 11:33 AM
5150northrider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 206 Likes on 171 Posts

So 2 people walk in and want to buy similar bikes, one spends 5 days hammering the dealer saves some money but is never happy! Gives the dealer a bad review to the motor company, tells everyone he talks with how he got ripped off and is in the dealership every day complaining about something that is normal wear and tear! So now the service department sucks and he is bad mouthing them to all his buddies. Or the guy that makes a deal he feels is fair, gives good reviews tells his friends he is happy and over all is in joining his bike! Which guy do you think the dealership would rather sale to? Better yet which guy do you prefer to be?

Old 08-07-2016, 03:33 PM
Jrman29
Advanced
Received 26 Likes on 6 Posts

I was asking manager questions how the price went up 500 after we agreed on price and then he went off. I would like to be treated fairly not taken advantage of. I knew after that tirade i would be buying somewhere else even though it would be a about 300 more. If he would of acted like a professional and not be such a #### i would of bought the bike there. I feel when your spending that much money on 2 wheels you should be treated like a king.

Old 08-07-2016, 04:42 PM
riknbeth
Road Master

Originally Posted by 5150northrider
So 2 people walk in and want to buy similar bikes, one spends 5 days hammering the dealer saves some money but is never happy! Gives the dealer a bad review to the motor company, tells everyone he talks with how he got ripped off and is in the dealership every day complaining about something that is normal wear and tear! So now the service department sucks and he is bad mouthing them to all his buddies. Or the guy that makes a deal he feels is fair, gives good reviews tells his friends he is happy and over all is in joining his bike! Which guy do you think the dealership would rather sale to? Better yet which guy do you prefer to be?
Called "working retail". Some customers are a pain in the butt no matter what you do. This thread was started by someone who is definitely in the just wants a fair deal category. I am similar and unlike some folks I really like my dealer. I am sure there is a dealer out there that will give him a fair shot. If he ends up buying one, please post a pic.

Old 08-08-2016, 04:52 PM
Jrman29
Advanced

Going to dealer tomorrow to pick it up. Ill post pics

Old 08-08-2016, 07:43 PM
BigMike
Club Member
Received 1,579 Likes on 680 Posts

Originally Posted by Jrman29
Going to dealer tomorrow to pick it up. Ill post pics
You bought a bike from the ******* dealer?

Old 08-08-2016, 07:52 PM
Jrman29
Advanced

No i bought from a dealer i bought 3 other bikes from though he was 300 more he treated me like family it evens out anyway he gives you first service half off .

Old 08-08-2016, 08:54 PM
rscalzo
Road Warrior
Received 126 Likes on 77 Posts

If they need sales
Dealers are flooded with bikes. After mine was totaled a few weeks back, I was looking are getting a replacement. They had no problem taking money off the MSRP. Now waiting for the insurance company to get back to me with the final payout (Zurich SUCKS BTW), I'm not vomiting to anything. I get four calls a day They know there are five or six dealer in a reasonable ride from my house so they can't take a tough attitude.

Harley-Davidson Shares Crash; Layoffs Coming

NEW YORK—A slowdown in U.S. sales of Harley-Davidson's iconic motorcycles hit third-quarter earnings and sent its shares skidding to a nearly three-year low on Tuesday.

After a solid rebound from the 2008 financial crisis, the company admitted the air has gone out of sales growth and said it would lay off a part of its 6,500 workforce as its tries to strengthen marketing both domestically and internationally.

Harley-Davidson's litany of woes includes poor customer satisfaction, high manufacturing costs, and brutal competition from overseas companies that are making stylish bikes that cost a lot less. The strong U.S. dollar also is hurting the company, by making its products more expensive overseas.

Further, Harley-Davidson is saddled with a heavily unionized workforce in factories in York, Pennsylvania; Milwaukee (where the company is based); and Kansas City, Mo. To be sure, Harley-Davidson's bikes also are assembled at facilities with lower cost workers in emerging nations such Brazil and India, but the company overall is stuck with stubbornly high overhead compared to foreign competitors.

Old 08-08-2016, 09:43 PM
Tx_Rider
Tourer
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

I just got $5k off MSRP on a 2016 RGU CVO. They wanted $1,700 for Freight and prep, I got them down to $995. My trade in was a fair price as it was high mileage.

Same bike in Sturgis Mid July was $3k over MSRP. Salesman said they will get those prices so why discount them.

I said fair enough, but you wont get my business.

Old 08-09-2016, 06:14 PM
riknbeth
Road Master

Originally Posted by Tx_Rider
I just got $5k off MSRP on a 2016 RGU CVO. They wanted $1,700 for Freight and prep, I got them down to $995. My trade in was a fair price as it was high mileage.

Same bike in Sturgis Mid July was $3k over MSRP. Salesman said they will get those prices so why discount them.

I said fair enough, but you wont get my business.
Tx_Rider, assuming the pic is your bike. Very nice ride!

Quick Reply: 2016 street glide cvo