Club Member
Received 9,576 Likes on 3,243 Posts

Originally Posted by not a sock
I'd have to say they are pretty well stocked on new cvo's

Old 08-03-2016, 08:12 PM
Nbdzhro
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

MSRP OTD would be a good deal for both of you. However I can tell you that Dealer cost on a 16 CVO Street Glide is about 30300.00 give or take.

Old 08-03-2016, 08:44 PM
rscalzo
Road Warrior
Received 126 Likes on 77 Posts

The dealer by me has four or five on the showroom floor. Another nearby dealer has ten. Three are SG CVO's.

Old 08-03-2016, 08:52 PM
Jrman29
Advanced
Received 26 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Cvo

Looking for one in new england area i dont want to go to far im in ct.

Old 08-03-2016, 09:19 PM
MatteGlide15
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,272 Likes on 600 Posts

Originally Posted by Jrman29
Looking for one in new england area i dont want to go to far im in ct.
Might be worth it to drive a few hundred miles in order to save a few thousand bucks $$$........

Old 08-03-2016, 09:38 PM
Aggressor05
Cruiser
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by todd-67
I have never seen a CVO touring bike sit on the showroom floor for very long. I don't know who the heck can afford them but they sell em.
I purchased 1 . I make other sacrafices like I don't have a car payment (i only drive 100 miles a week anyway). I also paid MSRP +tax & title

Old 08-03-2016, 09:53 PM
68 XLCH
Road Warrior
Received 151 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by WG2011
Not to mention for the price you can build up a street glide special to be nicer and still have money in your pocket. But the resale value on a CVO is nice.
These comments only apply to trying to mod a SGS into a CVO.

Most don't, they just mod their machine into something that they like and doing that you will save money over a CVO

And i have seen some beautifully modded SGS's that look nicer to me than a CVO, at what price i don't know, some probably less and some more.

Nicer is a subjective evaluation and if your end product is nicer to you then you have achieved your goal, however if you do the math you'll find you can not build a street glide into a CVO for the same difference that the CVO costs over a Street Glide special. You'll spend significantly more, even with some ebay Chinese parts, and in the end have a highly modified street glide that will not bring much more, if any more, than a stock street glide on a trade.

This is not a problem if you are building your personal dream bike, and want to keep it.

So do the math, from the 110 wet head engine, lowers, boom II with saddle bag speaker,, amplifiers, chrome front end with chrome axle nut covers, chrome wheels, rear fender with CVO tail lights, extended bags etc., head set speaker system, black gauges, cvo seat, xm module, nav updates, tpms, tank design (flush fuel cap), lighted hand controls, cvo grips, chrome clutch and brake reservoirs, chrome airflow floor boards, brake and shift linkage, and other chrome odds and ends, like the gear shift linkage, premium covered cables etc. Probably leaving a few things out.

Not to mention the paint schemes, if you like one of them, it would be pretty expensive to do a custom paint job, 4 to 10K. However if you don't like the cvo paint schemes i'd suggest, forgetting the cvo.

My late August purchase, with two street glide CVO's on the floor, don't pay more than MSRP, negotiate, a gift card 1K gift card only cost the dealer about 500 dollars, 1000 mile free inspection/oil change, move and or remove all items from your trade to the CVO and or give you the items. Biggest free install for me, were my passing lights, front CD led turn signals, and fairing trim. You will probably not be able to get them to remove your pipes (you can do them yourself). Plus 1500 off msrp, that was my deal. They still made plenty of money and i was satisfied. My rate: .9 special financing from my credit union, always shop for the best money. The best going credit union rate was 1.9, i talked to the branch manager, i had 38 years with them, he talked to the credit union manager, they gave me .9 percent.

Last edited by 68 XLCH; 08-03-2016 at 10:21 PM.
Old 08-03-2016, 10:40 PM
SGMongoose
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 68 XLCH
These comments only apply to trying to mod a SGS into a CVO.

Most don't, they just mod their machine into something that they like and doing that you will save money over a CVO

And i have seen some beautifully modded SGS's that look nicer to me than a CVO, at what price i don't know, some probably less and some more.

Nicer is a subjective evaluation and if your end product is nicer to you then you have achieved your goal, however if you do the math you'll find you can not build a street glide into a CVO for the same difference that the CVO costs over a Street Glide special. You'll spend significantly more, even with some ebay Chinese parts, and in the end have a highly modified street glide that will not bring much more, if any more, than a stock street glide on a trade.

This is not a problem if you are building your personal dream bike, and want to keep it.

So do the math, from the 110 wet head engine, lowers, boom II with saddle bag speaker,, amplifiers, chrome front end with chrome axle nut covers, chrome wheels, rear fender with CVO tail lights, extended bags etc., head set speaker system, black gauges, cvo seat, xm module, nav updates, tpms, tank design (flush fuel cap), lighted hand controls, cvo grips, chrome clutch and brake reservoirs, chrome airflow floor boards, brake and shift linkage, and other chrome odds and ends, like the gear shift linkage, premium covered cables etc. Probably leaving a few things out.

Not to mention the paint schemes, if you like one of them, it would be pretty expensive to do a custom paint job, 4 to 10K. However if you don't like the cvo paint schemes i'd suggest, forgetting the cvo.

My late August purchase, with two street glide CVO's on the floor, don't pay more than MSRP, negotiate, a gift card 1K gift card only cost the dealer about 500 dollars, 1000 mile free inspection/oil change, move and or remove all items from your trade to the CVO and or give you the items. Biggest free install for me, were my passing lights, front CD led turn signals, and fairing trim. You will probably not be able to get them to remove your pipes (you can do them yourself). Plus 1500 off msrp, that was my deal. They still made plenty of money and i was satisfied. My rate: .9 special financing from my credit union, always shop for the best money. The best going credit union rate was 1.9, i talked to the branch manager, i had 38 years with them, he talked to the credit union manager, they gave me .9 percent.
Your missing a lot on that list! but that certainly proves your point that you can't turn a SGS into a CVO for anything close to the cost of a CVO. I've spent well over the price of a CVO on my 14 SGS trying to duplicate and theres still a few things I'm missing, and in some cases will never have.. should of just traded for a CVO once when they came out.. If they had a red CVO in 2014 you can be sure thats what i would have bought.

Last edited by SGMongoose; 08-03-2016 at 10:42 PM.
Old 08-04-2016, 01:01 AM
Jrman29
Advanced
Received 26 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Cvo

Dealer is at 30100 otd thats with my trade im getting 6500 for my trade i owe 13500 on it actually giving me 19000. Does that soujd like a good deal

Old 08-04-2016, 05:31 AM
Tn.Heritage
Grand HDF Member
Received 184 Likes on 132 Posts

Make him a counter offer of 29100 and it's a deal. If they want to move they will take that. Try it, all they could say is no.

Quick Reply: 2016 street glide cvo