Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Vison (Auto Tune Questions)

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2016 | 07:36 PM
Bodacious MC
|
Road Master
Default Power Vison (Auto Tune Questions)

Just installed my new Power Vision from Fuel Moto and all of my decel popping went away. I rode it with FM's map and the SGS is even more fun than before.
I did a search and have read that the (FP3) unit wants you to run thru 2-3 tanks of fuel before doing an Auto Tune. Does the same apply to the Fuel Moto PV unit?
Also I have the DynoJet info on how to run and install an Auto Tune. I'm pretty much unfamiliar with these type of devices and not always too savey when it comes to electronic devices. Just wondering if someone have a siple play by play instruction sheet on how to do this properly. I'm not worried about going in and manually changing values at this point. Just how to AT and apply the new AT tune.
I'm sure at some future date I might get the hang of how to use some of the other options that the PV has to offer.
But right now....lets keep it as simple as possible please.

Old 06-18-2016 | 02:21 AM
smalls78
Road Captain
Old 06-18-2016 | 07:36 PM
D4691
Cruiser

basically you enable AT, then it gathers information and builds you a custom map. Then you save it, and load the map just like you loaded the one from Fuelmoto.

Old 06-18-2016 | 08:18 PM
rog246
Cruiser

I'm kind of not sure about some of the things that he says on u-tube, why would you select copy of original when fuel-Moto already put a map on the power vision..a more step by step would be helpful

Old 06-18-2016 | 08:26 PM
breakman
Outstanding HDF Member

He just did that as an example. You can AT any tune loaded in PV.

Old 06-18-2016 | 08:45 PM
Bodacious MC
|
Road Master

The engine needs to be off before an AT session can be started, correct?
If you shut off the engine before hitting Exit, will the AT be loss? (done that too)

Finally I made the mistake and saved the AT to my original Map from Fuel Moto (thinking that I should have made a copy of the original Map then, altered that one). That said, is there anyway to recover the original version I got with the PV unit? At this point I really don't know if my AT tune sessions are an improvement to the original Map or not.
I'm glad I'm retired and don't need to make a living "tuning scooters".

Old 06-18-2016 | 08:57 PM
rog246
Cruiser

The gentleman on u-tube goes to fast on his step by step process, I'm kind of nervous about losing my map from fuel moto can I select a one of the empty spaces so I don't write over the maps that are already on it?

Old 06-18-2016 | 08:57 PM
Rat Trap
Tourer

Originally Posted by Bodacious MC
That said, is there anyway to recover the original version I got with the PV unit?
Fuel Moto has great customer support.

http://www.fuelmotousa.com/if-3751-n...port-form.html

Tell them what happened in the "notes for tech" box and they'll email it to you.

Old 06-18-2016 | 09:57 PM
Bodacious MC
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by rog246
The gentleman on u-tube goes to fast on his step by step process, I'm kind of nervous about losing my map from fuel moto can I select a one of the empty spaces so I don't write over the maps that are already on it?
Obviously I don't know crap about this stuff, but I think you can COPY the original map and then apply the auto tune to the copy.
I missed that the first time around.

Old 06-18-2016 | 10:51 PM
LoneRiderFLH
Road Warrior

Just download a manual from Dynojet and print it. Then you can study, take notes, highlight and go at your own pace. I know- we are dinosaurs!!

Hope you caught my apology on Breather Thread?

Quick Reply: Power Vison (Auto Tune Questions)