Sponsored by:

Wide windshield..??

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2016, 09:06 PM
wheely
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wide windshield..??

Anyone using a wide windshield.....one that's about 2" wider than stock? If so, how do you like it? And who makes them? The only one I found is a 7Jurock.

Old 06-09-2016, 09:18 PM
Greatsteaks
Road Master
Received 62 Likes on 55 Posts

Clearview makes one two inches wider on both sides, 4" total. I have two and they work well especially for a passenger.

Old 06-09-2016, 09:30 PM
wheely
Tourer

Cool....I'll check them out. Found another just now at eglide goodies.
Thanks.

Old 06-09-2016, 10:06 PM
rv7garage
Road Master
Received 198 Likes on 157 Posts

Check out long ride shields. I have their flat top on my SG, and love it.

Old 06-09-2016, 10:53 PM
RKC1965
Tourer
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

X2 on the Clearview web page. It's a great site , really explains a lot about their product.

Old 06-10-2016, 05:05 AM
BlueBeast
Tourer
Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts

Try here too ... http://www.customflhtwindshields.net

Pat and Robin are GREAT people to deal with, just be sure you specify what year your bike is. In all my excitement when I ordered my 14" flat top I forgot that part and got the wrong one when it came, my screw-up ... mine is 3 holes, not 5 holes like the older models. No biggie, just called and talked to Pat and he said just send it back and he would make another one for me for an extra 10 bucks (1st one was $95), I was happy. I wish I could tell you how it works, but I've been kinda in the dumps for the past month and haven't put it on yet ... seems like every chance I want go for a spin on my days off, it's raining. I'm sure I'll love it just from what everyone else said that bought one. He makes all his shields by hand and it comes packaged/protected very good.

Last edited by BlueBeast; 06-10-2016 at 05:10 AM.
Old 06-10-2016, 05:17 AM
BlueBeast
Tourer
Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by wheely
Anyone using a wide windshield.....one that's about 2" wider than stock? If so, how do you like it? And who makes them? The only one I found is a 7Jurock.
BTW, you will be happy to know that Clark's is located in YOUR state so you could probably ride there and get it!

Old 06-10-2016, 07:54 AM
wheely
Tourer

Thanks for the info guys.....that gives me a few more options. I'll give Clarks a call first since they're right here in the Bluegrass state!

Old 06-10-2016, 08:06 AM
Greatsteaks
Road Master
Received 62 Likes on 55 Posts

Thanks for the info guys.....that gives me a few more options. I'll give Clarks a call first since they're right here in the Bluegrass state!
That's your best bet. Clearview is about 45 miles from my house so we go for a nice ride and they let us test them out before we buy. They sometimes have new products not advertised yet that we get a first trial on. That being said, I just ordered a LRS to replace one of my Clearview shields we use in the winter that I dropped on rough concrete this spring when swapping our summer shield on. The LRS was half the price delivered, guess I'll see when it gets here.

Old 06-10-2016, 11:51 AM
Surfcitydude
Cruiser
Received 34 Likes on 17 Posts

I have the one from 7Jurrock on my SGS. Its a duplicate of the HD Windsplitter except its available in various tints and my HD Windsplitter was very distorted at the flip. I couldn't see through it when i needed close up views. The 7Jurrock isn't polycarbonate, just acrylic, but Ive had it for 8000 miles and its in great shape. The people there are great and will customize it if you want it a little lower. I was lucky, they make them about 20 miles from me.

BTW, the extra width is great in foul weather giving better protection from your hands from rain and cold. Ill never go narrow again.

Quick Reply: Wide windshield..??