Sponsored by:

Thoughts on police models

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2016 | 10:09 AM
Ryan David
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by cwsharp
First, the '14 and up bikes have the new bag lid design and they look the same as stock.

Second, if you want to have a tourpak on the back you can mount it on the radio rack. If you want to have configuration flexibility, however, it can get expensive.

Third you have to want to ride on the police seat with no passenger or that can get expensive.

Fourth, you get the speedo where it should be mounted and all of your sort of digital readouts are easier to view than stock.

Fifth, if it is a stunt bike your floor boards and engine guards will be worn and the clutch and brakes will be abused and maybe adjusted for their liking but not for real road use. it would be hard to really harm them in 3k miles, however. My clutch adjustment was waaaaayyyy off.

In case you don't know, all touring bikes can be built to be one of the other touring versions (I don't call them models because there is no difference other than cost) if you want to spend the money.

It is likely that you will see the outlines or color difference in the tank paint where the decals were originally applied. There will be additional electrical connectors that won't be used. There will be no HD tank badge unless the dealer applies one.
I'm really not too worried about the clutch and brakes, I'll have the dealer replace them or see if they can throw in a short term warranty. He also said I could purchase an extended warranty for it just like any other bike. As far as the floor boards I plan to replace them anyway so if they have wear i don't really care.

I'm going to see if he can get me out the door including tax for 13k and throw in passenger foot boards and 4 point docking.

Last edited by Ryan David; 06-10-2016 at 10:19 AM.
Old 06-10-2016 | 10:16 AM
BigMike
Club Member
Riders Club Member

Originally Posted by Ryan David
I'm really not too worried about the clutch and brakes, I'll have the dealer replace them or see if they can throw in a short term warranty. He also said I could purchase an extended warranty for it just like any other bike. As far as the floor boards I plan to replace them anyway so if they have wear i don't really care.

I'm going to see if he can get me out the door including tax for 13k and throw in passenger foot boards abs 4 point docking.
Warranty doesn't cover wear items like brakes and clutch. But both are extremely simple to replace.

Old 06-10-2016 | 10:21 AM
Ryan David
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by BigMike
Warranty doesn't cover wear items like brakes and clutch. But both are extremely simple to replace.
Sorry, meant the warranty as a separate thing. I'll have them replace the clutch/brake before buying and then get a 2 year warranty.

Old 06-10-2016 | 11:24 AM
hbsoldier3
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Ryan David
Sorry, meant the warranty as a separate thing. I'll have them replace the clutch/brake before buying and then get a 2 year warranty.

Now go over there and buy it.

Old 06-10-2016 | 11:28 AM
Ryan David
|
Cruiser

waiting for a call back

Old 06-10-2016 | 06:03 PM
Onedef1
Road Captain

And don't forget info for ME. Lol. One I was looking at local sold yesterday... GAH...

Old 06-10-2016 | 07:54 PM
muddmann
Tourer

Do the police RK's come with ABS?

Old 06-10-2016 | 09:29 PM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Onedef1
And don't forget info for ME. Lol. One I was looking at local sold yesterday... GAH...
There is a nice one on the floor at Dillon Brothers HD in Omaha. I THINK it's a '14 with low miles and they want 13K for it. It's one of the bikes from my agency. They have a bunch of used cop Electraglides.

Old 06-11-2016 | 09:20 AM
cwsharp
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by muddmann
Do the police RK's come with ABS?
Hmmm... I thought all Rushmores came with ABS unless you custom ordered one without. I suppose it's up to the police force... mine came with ABS with Reflex. I have heard that all cops hate ABS so I have to assume that there isn't an option. I'm not ecstatic about my brakes or the TBW. Other than that, it's a good bike with typical HD nitpickin' problems.

Old 06-12-2016 | 01:52 PM
Ryan David
|
Cruiser

Well I have it narrowed down to 3:
2015 FLHP - 14.9K (private party haven't discussed an offer)
- Stock with 400 miles, bought from dealer with 0. Never went to pd. Color I want.

2014 FLHP - 13k (dealer is firm)
- Stock with 3.5k miles, was training bike (don't like that fact), not the color I like

2012 FLHP- 13.5k (said is flexible) private sale
- Lots of chrome, sissy bar/pad, stock RK seat, passenger foot boards, rinehart slip ons and handlebar speakers. Color I like. 6K miles, bought with 700 after being a parade bike for a local small town

Thoughts?

Quick Reply: Thoughts on police models