2014-2023 Touring Models This Section Is For Rushmore/2014-2023 Touring Models
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mustang LowDown Touring Seat, Passenger Comfort?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2016 | 07:26 PM
dloreski
|
Cruiser
Default Mustang LowDown Touring Seat, Passenger Comfort?

I have a 2016 SGS and the stock seat is good for me, but girlfriend is complaining.
I haven't tried any others yet.
I am fine with the stock seat height, but not sure if I want to go up an inch with the Sundowner.
I just saw this Mustang LowDown Touring seat (# 79700). Looks like the passenger end is pretty nice.
Any experiences with it?
- Dave

Old 05-25-2016 | 09:45 AM
tpcowfish
Road Warrior

Not sure the comfort level for you would be all that with a low down, Seem's low down would be less foam for rider, i didn't feel like i went up an inch with the Sundowner either, when i had one, Go to the dealer and try one so you know for sure, they have demo's you can try

Old 05-25-2016 | 03:03 PM
DeluxeCruiser
Tourer

I have demoed the sundowner myself and I can tell you it will raise up the driver at least and inch.

It is a comfortable seat for both rider and passenger but I didn't want to be raised up any higher as I am short already.

I too would like to hear some reviews on this mustang seat.

Thanks

DC

Old 05-25-2016 | 09:23 PM
Punjabi Rider
Grand HDF Member

15 Limited Low stock seat with Mustang back rest is more comfortable for both passenger and rider then Mustang Lowdown seat and we have both and few more. Mustang Lowdown raise you up compare to stock Limited low model seat and it's little firm.

Old 05-26-2016 | 02:50 PM
bjmcconk
Advanced

I just got the Mustang Low Tripper w/ driver backrest and passenger pillion. Seat looks a lot better on the bike that the stocker due to the stitch pattern and lower profile. I feel about the same/maybe lower. Backrest is real nice but scares the misses that she will slide into it. backrest does fold up and stores in the saddle bags with no problems. Rear pillion is better than stock as in I didnt hear her complain. So that is a positive.

Check your shock settings as well... WORLD OF DIFFERENCE when set up correctly. Im riding with about 330lbs total, which is around 24 half turns/clicks on the dial.

Buying a seat is a huge headache, wish you could test every seat out there but you cant.

Old 06-09-2016 | 07:59 PM
Sobby
Novice

I picked up a Lowdown used, and yes, it is a firm seat for the rider. Still, I can go a LOT longer than I could on my stock seat.

My wife doesn't feel any difference, good or bad, from the stock seat.

I didn't think I really qualified for a low seat at 5'9", but apparently a 28" inseam does.

The Lowdown lets me be flat footed at the stoplights. Paired with the Khrome Works +2 Narrow Sweeper bars, I now have a comfortable riding position that doesn't cause shoulder pain after a few hours.

Old 06-10-2016 | 08:29 AM
perrytrails
Novice

Bought one a few weeks ago. Huge improvement from the stocker, went a couple hundred miles last weekend with the wife, she said she was very happy. Could have went more. 150 was tough for her on the stock seat.

I had MCC do a super low to my stock seat, even though the mustang raised me up it pushed me forward. Really like it, I'm 5'7 and wear a thick soled boot. Hope this helps.

Attached Thumbnails Mustang LowDown Touring Seat, Passenger Comfort?-image.jpeg  
Old 08-14-2016 | 07:49 AM
Drtumolo
Road Captain

I am sure this is an odd question but how much higher is the passenger seat then the riders seat on the mustang lowdown solo with pillion?

Old 08-14-2016 | 09:42 AM
abidzip
Advanced

Not much of a difference in height for passenger. Had one on my 13 SG wifey love it but didn't look good on my CVO and I was tippy toe with it on. I think the seat is deceptive in lowering you because it's wider so it defeats the purpose for short people and can be a pain on your groin muscle stretching out with it on a lot of stop and go riding. Settled with the butt buddy seat for long rides and she's really happy with it!

Old 08-14-2016 | 08:58 PM
talkingrock
Road Warrior

I have a mustang touring seat an another bike and the better half really liked the seat , she has also told me the seat on the SGS is to narrow and 40 miles causes her pain she is a small women