Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Glide "Ultra"

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2016, 07:09 PM
gwellis
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can you show where you mounted the plug receptacle and what the process was for putting it in your fairing?
Thanks, grant

Old 05-30-2016, 07:32 AM
CSMHOG
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 281 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris57
I do have to be careful putting it on so I don't hit saddle bags or fender with mounting bracket.
I've seen a lot of scratched saddlebags and fenders from people emplacing/removing their quick release tourpaks/accessories. Most of which can be avoided by simply using some form of paint protection when doing this. Just put a towel or something over the area you want to protect when doing this. Great job with your bike!!

Old 05-30-2016, 10:57 AM
dixonk
Extreme HDF Member

Received 7,508 Likes on 3,579 Posts

Originally Posted by CSMHOG
I've seen a lot of scratched saddlebags and fenders from people emplacing/removing their quick release tourpaks/accessories. Most of which can be avoided by simply using some form of paint protection when doing this. Just put a towel or something over the area you want to protect when doing this. Great job with your bike!!
Yep I scratched my fender the first time I tried to put that big *** Tourpak on. Heavy, huge, and very hard to see the mounting points. Now have to paint chips next to bracket where I missed putting it on.

Old 05-30-2016, 09:17 PM
CSMHOG
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 281 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by dixonk
Yep I scratched my fender the first time I tried to put that big *** Tourpak on. Heavy, huge, and very hard to see the mounting points. Now have to paint chips next to bracket where I missed putting it on.
I find it's easier to put on when the bike is setting straight up and raised about 24" off the ground. Not so easy without a table lift.

Old 05-30-2016, 09:44 PM
dixonk
Extreme HDF Member

Received 7,508 Likes on 3,579 Posts

I finally found the sure shot way is to put it on looking rearward rather than being behind the Tourpak. Just get in front, line up front mounting points, then let it down and go to the back to adjust the clasps.

Old 05-30-2016, 11:48 PM
Seventy4blazer
Road Master
Received 137 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by CSMHOG
I love being 6'3" sometimes... Installing the TP is one of those times.

Old 05-31-2016, 08:21 AM
TexasMotorcycleRider
Grand HDF Member
Received 670 Likes on 446 Posts
Default Got mine last week

I already love having the extra storage space.

Attached Thumbnails Street Glide "Ultra"-20160525_182608.jpg  
Old 05-31-2016, 08:33 PM
Chris57
Cruiser
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

This photo shows the plug that I wired the speakers and passenger communications controls to. I dont have a photo with the harness I made plugged into it. I use 3M's strongest double stick tape to attach the plug to the bottom of tour pak. It will not come off, ever. I have it setup so wires will not be laying on the fender, scratching it up. I will post another picture when I can with the rest of the harness plugged in.

Old 05-31-2016, 11:16 PM
gwellis
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chris57

This photo shows the plug that I wired the speakers and passenger communications controls to. I dont have a photo with the harness I made plugged into it. I use 3M's strongest double stick tape to attach the plug to the bottom of tour pak. It will not come off, ever. I have it setup so wires will not be laying on the fender, scratching it up. I will post another picture when I can with the rest of the harness plugged in.
Thanks, I thought I read that you put the headset receptacle in the fairing. Someone had Uke's in Kenosha do that on their bike but I can't get anymore info. Grant.

Old 06-02-2016, 10:37 AM
streg2
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Ultraboy105
Nice bike. Think I would paint the inner fairing to match the seat. Not a fan of white bikes or brown seats, but together it works well.
Thanks for the flowers but...... its not white....... its Morocco Gold and in the bright sun has a goldish tan tone to it. I can't and haven't seen a picture to show the gold flake.

Quick Reply: Street Glide "Ultra"