Sponsored by:

.gpx file issue with NAV

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2016 | 02:00 PM
rwven
|
Road Master
Default .gpx file issue with NAV

Boom 6.5 on a '14 FLHTK. I Imported 13 trips from BaseCamp into my NAV unit this afternoon. Loaded up each one individually to be sure they came up properly. One of the trips locked up the entire control system of the Boom 6.5. The radio keeps playing but none of the inputs work. I had to shut off the ignition to restart the Boom system.

I went back into BaseCamp and played with the route a bit, re-imported it and still the same thing. I deleted that trip completely from BaseCamp, redid the route, named it something different and imported the new route. Works fine.

I can't even delete the bad trip file from the NAV system because it locks up before I get to the edit function.

Old 05-15-2016 | 02:34 PM
gwellis
Tourer

Originally Posted by rwven
Boom 6.5 on a '14 FLHTK. I Imported 13 trips from BaseCamp into my NAV unit this afternoon. Loaded up each one individually to be sure they came up properly. One of the trips locked up the entire control system of the Boom 6.5. The radio keeps playing but none of the inputs work. I had to shut off the ignition to restart the Boom system.

I went back into BaseCamp and played with the route a bit, re-imported it and still the same thing. I deleted that trip completely from BaseCamp, redid the route, named it something different and imported the new route. Works fine.

I can't even delete the bad trip file from the NAV system because it locks up before I get to the edit function.
Do a factory reset

Old 05-15-2016 | 02:50 PM
Vernal
Club Member
Riders Club Member

Copied from Ghostrider in a seperate thread:

This is out of the 2014 Touring electrial diagnostic manual. Maybe try this? To enter the service menu:
1. Turn IGN OFF. Wait 15 seconds.
2. Press and hold power/mute button. Turn IGN? to ACC.
3. Continue to press power button for 2 seconds after the WARNING screen is displayed.
4. Release power/mute button and accept warning.
The service menu may display Diag Service not Availiable when a menu option is initially selected. This message will clear once the system has finished performing the power-on process. Options are: DTCs, Audio, Display, Key input, Component menus, Version info, Reset, Touchscreen.
Reset: Pre-calibration reset: Restores fatory default settings. This is recommended when there are radio symptoms and no DTCs*
Post calibration save: Archives customers settings so that they can be restored after a Post calibration Reset.
Post calibration reset: Resets the radio to factory default settings and restores the last archive data stored during Post calibration Save. Give it a whirl? Let me know if this works?

The following users liked this post:
striper.seeker (05-16-2016)
Old 05-16-2016 | 06:33 AM
rwven
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by Vernal
Copied from Ghostrider in a seperate thread:

This is out of the 2014 Touring electrial diagnostic manual. Maybe try this? To enter the service menu:
1. Turn IGN OFF. Wait 15 seconds.
2. Press and hold power/mute button. Turn IGN? to ACC.
3. Continue to press power button for 2 seconds after the WARNING screen is displayed.
4. Release power/mute button and accept warning.
The service menu may display Diag Service not Availiable when a menu option is initially selected. This message will clear once the system has finished performing the power-on process. Options are: DTCs, Audio, Display, Key input, Component menus, Version info, Reset, Touchscreen.
Reset: Pre-calibration reset: Restores fatory default settings. This is recommended when there are radio symptoms and no DTCs*
Post calibration save: Archives customers settings so that they can be restored after a Post calibration Reset.
Post calibration reset: Resets the radio to factory default settings and restores the last archive data stored during Post calibration Save. Give it a whirl? Let me know if this works?
That's what I ended up doing. What I found odd was that a corrupted .gpx file could take down the whole control system including the power button on the radio.

Old 05-16-2016 | 06:28 PM
caberto
Road Master

Did that offending gpx file contain a waypoint to a non-HD dealership Perhaps it's encoded to to do that

Seriously, that is a weird one, but any type of computer can always be counted on to do something weird at some point or another. Hope that resolves it for good.

Old 05-16-2016 | 08:45 PM
Hammz
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force

Originally Posted by caberto
Did that offending gpx file contain a waypoint to a non-HD dealership Perhaps it's encoded to to do that

Seriously, that is a weird one, but any type of computer can always be counted on to do something weird at some point or another. Hope that resolves it for good.
Basecamp GPX files can include more information than the Infotainment system needs/uses for routing. I've "cleaned up" GPX files that friends have generated on Basecamp using Route Converter with good success. Garmin units have more options that use the extra info, so there's really nothing wrong with those GPX files, just stuff that confuses the H-D box.

The following users liked this post:
rwven (05-17-2016)
Old 05-17-2016 | 06:17 AM
rwven
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by Hammz
Basecamp GPX files can include more information than the Infotainment system needs/uses for routing. I've "cleaned up" GPX files that friends have generated on Basecamp using Route Converter with good success. Garmin units have more options that use the extra info, so there's really nothing wrong with those GPX files, just stuff that confuses the H-D box.
I was not aware of that. I've used Basecamp exclusively for route planning on the Boom system and this is the first time I've had this issue. I'll have to download a copy of Route Convertor and give it a whirl. It might even resolve the incompatibility issues that the Zumo has with Basecamp. Thanks!

Last edited by rwven; 05-17-2016 at 06:29 AM.
Old 05-17-2016 | 12:01 PM
MilesOfTexas
Road Warrior

One thing to keep in mind is that the HD NAV only uses waypoints, not tracks.