Sponsored by:

CVO rear fender kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2016, 11:12 AM
SGLife
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default CVO rear fender kit

Anyone here install the CVO fender kit from Harley part#59500246 just wondering if it looks exactly like the real CVO rear's being it states "CVO style"
Also was the kit fairly straight forward to install besides painting?

Old 05-01-2016, 08:17 PM
SGMongoose
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

it's exactly the fender that comes on the CVO street glides. It's actually one of the better kits that HD sells as it actually comes with everything you need, as opposed to making you buy a million different parts to make it work... even all the fender hardware is new even tho a lot of it could have been reused. it's as simple and remove whats there, and replace with what they give you.

Old 05-02-2016, 07:40 AM
SGLife
Cruiser

Well thats good to know but i'm a bit bummed after looking at the kits i see the tail lights changed a bit from the 13' kit which i like better more flush and tear shaped.

Old 05-02-2016, 10:04 AM
dixonk
Extreme HDF Member

Received 7,508 Likes on 3,579 Posts

It's a good kit. I was physically holding one in my hand when I was shopping for a new fender for my Ultra. It comes with everything ready to plug and play so to speak. The only reason I didn't get it is because of the price. Dealer was ready to sell it to me for 750 or so but then it would run me another 5 bills to get it painted amber whiskey. I opened up eBay and found a painted street glide fender for 400 shipped. I compromised and ended happy.

Old 05-04-2016, 01:53 PM
SGLife
Cruiser

Anyone know the difference in the earlier 2013 CVO fender compared to the newer not so nice looking one? Wondering if I can use the older version with the flush smoked lights?

Old 05-04-2016, 02:16 PM
dansflhti
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by SGLife
Anyone know the difference in the earlier 2013 CVO fender compared to the newer not so nice looking one? Wondering if I can use the older version with the flush smoked lights?
I could be wrong but I think I read on here a while back that the saddlebag brackets on the Rushmores interfere with flush mount lights.

Old 05-04-2016, 06:37 PM
SGLife
Cruiser

I took a glance at my rear struts and they are fairly close to the fender wings which are where the cvo lights are so i can see those hitting depending on how deep they are i need to find someone with a older setup and see a side view!

Old 02-08-2018, 12:04 PM
rochman
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by dixonk
It's a good kit. I was physically holding one in my hand when I was shopping for a new fender for my Ultra. It comes with everything ready to plug and play so to speak. The only reason I didn't get it is because of the price. Dealer was ready to sell it to me for 750 or so but then it would run me another 5 bills to get it painted amber whiskey. I opened up eBay and found a painted street glide fender for 400 shipped. I compromised and ended happy.
If I may ask dixonk , I want to swap out my stock 2016 Street Glide Special rear fender for the CVO one , I would like to stay away from H.D. dealer as well , I see those fenders on E-BAY , Amazon , etc , some shipped from China , etc , makes me a bit cautious , I wonder if the Material is the same , any advice for this Canadian , Thanks

Old 02-08-2018, 12:19 PM
Covert Olds
Road Captain
Received 109 Likes on 71 Posts

I've never seen one in person but AdvanBlack offers a cvo rear fender. I've bought other items from them and am very happy.

https://www.advanblack.com/harley-pa...ng-models.html

Old 02-08-2018, 01:25 PM
dixonk
Extreme HDF Member

Received 7,508 Likes on 3,579 Posts

Originally Posted by rochman
If I may ask dixonk , I want to swap out my stock 2016 Street Glide Special rear fender for the CVO one , I would like to stay away from H.D. dealer as well , I see those fenders on E-BAY , Amazon , etc , some shipped from China , etc , makes me a bit cautious , I wonder if the Material is the same , any advice for this Canadian , Thanks
I wouldn't buy any of those cheap Chinese knockoffs unless you like to down little fabrication. They don't have a good reputation of fitting right, having the right prep done, or having the right color. But that's just me.

The following users liked this post:
rochman (02-08-2018)

Quick Reply: CVO rear fender kit