Sponsored by:

Navsync_NoNavContent error

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2016, 02:44 PM
clackavosticus
Road Master
Received 207 Likes on 90 Posts
Default Navsync_NoNavContent error

I have been getting the Navsync_NoNavContent error ever since I tried to update my GPS maps. The dealer said changing out my radio would give me a new thumbprint which would allow me to get rid of the error and load a new Naviextras profile created under a different email address.
Guess what, they changed out the radio and I loaded the thumbprint with my new naviextras profile/account. I am still getting the same Navsync_noNavContent error after performing the system "update" loaded onto the thumbdrive by the Naviextras toolbox software - frustrating.
Anyone out there had the same error and rectified it? I'd like to know how to solve this error.

Last edited by clackavosticus; 04-28-2016 at 02:47 PM.
Old 04-28-2016, 04:59 PM
OldMike
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,926 Likes on 1,259 Posts

I was thinking about updating the maps on mine last weekend.
I have done all the Harley updates and have done the factory re-set a couple of times, I dick around with computers all the time but the map update has me real scared.

Old 04-28-2016, 05:07 PM
clackavosticus
Road Master
Default Don't make the same mistake I did

Originally Posted by OldMike
I was thinking about updating the maps on mine last weekend.
I have done all the Harley updates and have done the factory re-set a couple of times, I dick around with computers all the time but the map update has me real scared.
Learn from my mistake - don't make same mistake I did which "broke" the system.
I missed the instruction (until too late) that said to do an update separately before buying or loading the map and instead tried to bundle the update and map all in one - this broke the system. Make sure you do a separate Naviextras update all by itself before buying and loading the map and you should be OK.

Old 04-28-2016, 05:10 PM
OldMike
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,926 Likes on 1,259 Posts

Originally Posted by clackavosticus
Learn from my mistake - don't make same mistake I did which "broke" the system.
I missed the instruction (until too late) that said to do an update separately before buying or loading the map and instead tried to bundle the update and map all in one - this broke the system. Make sure you do a separate Naviextras update all by itself before buying and loading the map and you should be OK.
I'm OK with the stoneage maps, if it aint on my Harley GPS I don't go there.

Old 04-28-2016, 05:47 PM
J929626
Road Master
Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Make sure you are doing the update correctly. See this thread.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...rror-help.html

Old 04-29-2016, 12:18 PM
Custardglide
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Got a 2015 CVO limited with 2 free updates, can get the thumbprint off the bike no problem, I can log in to naviextras with my log in details, no problem...go to log in to the naviextras toolbox and it wont let me log in with the same details??? WTF!!! I have now given up any hope of getting a map update!! Dealer's don't seem to know anything over here in UK!! So I'm stuck!!!

Old 05-01-2016, 06:28 PM
clackavosticus
Road Master
Default I'm stuck too

Originally Posted by Custardglide
Got a 2015 CVO limited with 2 free updates, can get the thumbprint off the bike no problem, I can log in to naviextras with my log in details, no problem...go to log in to the naviextras toolbox and it wont let me log in with the same details??? WTF!!! I have now given up any hope of getting a map update!! Dealer's don't seem to know anything over here in UK!! So I'm stuck!!!
I'm stuck too - Harley techs really don't know how to beat this error - I have had it with them for months. Maybe if I am patient a solution will be found. I wish you luck with your CVO maps. My advice is to keep pushing for a fix and don't give up! I firmly believe that every technical problem has a solution - it just means we have to find that solution... I am getting Harley to look into my issue as a Warranty item. Since you have a 2015 you can do the same - don't give up!

Last edited by clackavosticus; 05-01-2016 at 06:39 PM.
Old 05-01-2016, 06:30 PM
clackavosticus
Road Master
Default Didn't work

Originally Posted by J929626
Make sure you are doing the update correctly. See this thread.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...rror-help.html
I tried waiting for GPS to boot up before doing the update like the poster but it made no difference - I still get the same error!

Old 05-01-2016, 06:52 PM
clackavosticus
Road Master
Default Solution?

Originally Posted by Custardglide
Not sure I this is your problem but do you have the latest version of Naviextras installed? The naviesxtras software often updates - maybe you have an out of date version which is causing rejection of your login details? - clasping at straws I know....

Old 05-02-2016, 02:17 PM
Custardglide
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by clackavosticus
Not sure I this is your problem but do you have the latest version of Naviextras installed? The naviesxtras software often updates - maybe you have an out of date version which is causing rejection of your login details? - clasping at straws I know....
Yes downloaded latest naviextras, still no joy!!! I spoke to someone at the dealers, he says they CAN update maps????? I'll go down and see just for curiosity's sake. I'm beginning to wonder if this Naviextras crap is for USA only, as they have numbers to call if you have problems (IN AMERICA) but outside the states it says "Consult your local dealer" who knows????

Ady

Quick Reply: Navsync_NoNavContent error