2014-2023 Touring Models This Section Is For Rushmore/2014-2023 Touring Models
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone else considered NOT getting the clutch recall work done ? (besides me)

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2016 | 06:21 PM
Chiefslice
Advanced

I do all my own maintenance also but, in this case, the m/cyl was installed with the wrong size cup. Get it done. They replace the cup and bleed. One hour and you're out. Once home, remove the cap, check the level and reinstall the cap and all the chrome bits that you bought while waiting. Hurry before the spring rush. It gets busy in a hurry in April in your area.

Old 04-11-2016 | 06:39 PM
THE PEG
Road Master

Get it done!

Old 04-11-2016 | 06:51 PM
puckoach
Cruiser

I only noticed the problem when the MC was cold.

Of course, it's difficult to find N when cold too.

So, I had the recall done in October.

The problem has not gone away.

Now, need to go back to that dealer.....

Old 04-11-2016 | 11:01 PM
QWKHOG
Novice

Originally Posted by dh_meyer
I have a 2015 Limited that got added to the recall list late last year/early this year, that was not on the list for the earlier recalls.

I brought the bike out of storage (about 5 months of storage) yesterday and the clutch seemed to perform just fine. I'm debating whether to take it in for service if I'm not having problems.

I know there is some risk in doing nothing, but I hate taking any vehicle to a dealer for anything.

Is anyone else approaching it this way ?
I have a 2014 SGS with all three recalls active and will absolutely not take to the dealer. The brake line was the first and inspected it myself while doing audio upgrades. Just added the extra tie wraps per HD! The second was the clutch and have left it alone. The third bag fasteners and changed to aftermarket.

Old 04-12-2016 | 04:23 AM
clackavosticus
Road Master
Default Get it done!

It is not wise to avoid recalls which are fixes for known issues.

Old 04-12-2016 | 05:53 AM
Tn.Heritage
Grand HDF Member

Let's put it this way, is it worth risking a life or two life's over not waiting about an hour? I had mine done along time ago and no problems but the sales guy's said some of the bike's on the floor had issue's after sitting for a period until the fix.

Old 04-12-2016 | 07:40 AM
Just Me
Road Warrior

Did you receive a letter to bring it in for service? If not then don't worry to much about it. If something does come of it, its their fault for not notifying you.
I did let them do the clutch recall just because I got a call that they would be over to pick the bike up. Far as the brake line and bag recall I checked the lines out myself with no problem and just did away with the lock system on the bags for a $4 fix that will never fail.

Old 04-12-2016 | 07:55 AM
Greatsteaks
Road Master

Originally Posted by Just Me
Did you receive a letter to bring it in for service? If not then don't worry to much about it. If something does come of it, its their fault for not notifying you.
I did let them do the clutch recall just because I got a call that they would be over to pick the bike up. Far as the brake line and bag recall I checked the lines out myself with no problem and just did away with the lock system on the bags for a $4 fix that will never fail.
I take my bags off too often not to have a quick release. Think some of you guys have issues not letting the dealer touch your bike fix your recalls Bet you don't let a Dr touch your wife

Last edited by Greatsteaks; 04-12-2016 at 07:58 AM.
Old 04-12-2016 | 07:59 AM
turbo54
Road Master

I thought it was just me being concerned . I had 09 roadglide I waited 4 years befor I took it in for a brake sender relay . The dealer replaced the sender . I rode it out the lot and back to the wrench with rear brake failure and some fluid leakage. They acked like WTF and was told there isn't a reason to loosen a line to replace a sender.

Old 04-12-2016 | 08:05 AM
Greatsteaks
Road Master

You guys must have real sucky service departments. Only reason I don't let them do anything other then warranty work is the price they charge, otherwise they are perfectly competent and professional. Took mine in to get the radio flashed two times and they didn't even charge me, (yes I was shocked as they once charged me $10 to install a gas cap(see my I'm an idiot thread) Guess I'm lucky.

The following users liked this post:
whocares (04-18-2016)

Quick Reply: Has anyone else considered NOT getting the clutch recall work done ? (besides me)