Sponsored by:

cd led light strip opinions

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2016, 02:57 AM
roc2it
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default cd led light strip opinions

Went to pick up my bike at the local hd shop. They had everything done except the winshield led trim strip. They did not want to put it on unless I was sure about it. Their reasoning was they would have to drill 4 holes plus slot the winshield and run the wires through. They said to really think about it because it would be a pita to work on from there on. I have two friends that have the strips on their bikes. They were installed at a dealship about 45 miinutes away. Maybe I should just get a chrome strip to put on there. Your opinions please. Everything else this forum has helped me on is done. You guys have been great! Let me know please.

Old 04-09-2016, 02:59 AM
roc2it
Cruiser

The back end with the Fillerz, HD led tail lamp, and chrome plate cover...

Old 04-09-2016, 11:16 AM
harleyboy63401
Road Captain
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

I would install the HD chrome strip with lights already in it!

Old 04-09-2016, 11:18 AM
harleyboy63401
Road Captain
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by roc2it

Went to pick up my bike at the local hd shop. They had everything done except the winshield led trim strip. They did not want to put it on unless I was sure about it. Their reasoning was they would have to drill 4 holes plus slot the winshield and run the wires through. They said to really think about it because it would be a pita to work on from there on. I have two friends that have the strips on their bikes. They were installed at a dealship about 45 miinutes away. Maybe I should just get a chrome strip to put on there. Your opinions please. Everything else this forum has helped me on is done. You guys have been great! Let me know please.

Which lights are those on the crash bar??

Old 04-09-2016, 04:09 PM
roc2it
Cruiser

The Harley led fog lights are on the crash bar. The Custom Dynamics led strip comes the leds also. But each bank of lights has a wire that has to go into the fairing. I have not seen the Harley ones off a bike but I would assume they are the same. I wanted the CD ones because they look better and are brighter. Plus they are white/clear until you hit the turn signal. Matches my front end😉

Old 04-09-2016, 06:57 PM
Baeseman1
Elite HDF Member
Received 99 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by harleyboy63401
I would install the HD chrome strip with lights already in it!
I thought about it, but like the OP, I don't have any amber on the front end and that would be the only piece. Not right, IMO

But each bank of lights has a wire that has to go into the fairing. I have not seen the Harley ones off a bike but I would assume they are the same.
The HD version only has 1 wire group/plug to put through the fairing, but it's amber. Custom Dynamics had my hopes sky high with this trim piece, until I read how it had to be installed. Completely lost me at that point. If only they could combine the two.....

http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...indshield-trim

Old 04-09-2016, 07:10 PM
roc2it
Cruiser

Ya that's a lot of holes.... wonder if you could solder extension. And yep that's why I am posting on here🤔

Last edited by roc2it; 04-09-2016 at 09:03 PM.
Old 04-09-2016, 09:43 PM
roc2it
Cruiser
Default Hmmm.

I just read that they have redone the design on these lights. I FB messaged them about how many holes are needed for the lights. The leds are now mounted in the strip though. Hoping they will exchange mine for a restocking fee. Guess we will see.

Old 04-11-2016, 05:20 PM
roc2it
Cruiser
Default Interesting.

Custom Dynamics Motorcycle LED Lights & Accessories
Unfortunately outside of our 30 Day Return/Exchange Policy (direct purchases through Custom Dynamics, only), we'd be unable to exchange the Windshield Trim. We can however, offer a 10% Discount on the new version if you do decide to purchase it. With the new version, you still have to drill two holes to get wires through to inside of fairing however, removing the fairing upon installation is much easier.

Old 04-11-2016, 05:23 PM
roc2it
Cruiser

Custom Dynamics Motorcycle LED Lights & Accessories
Unfortunately outside of our 30 Day Return/Exchange Policy (direct purchases through Custom Dynamics, only), we'd be unable to exchange the Windshield Trim. We can however, offer a 10% Discount on the new version if you do decide to purchase it. With the new version, you still have to drill two holes to get wires through to inside of fairing however, removing the fairing upon installation is much easier.
Anyone want to buy a set brand new out of the package cheap. Lol. I think I need this to complete the look on the font end. More ot. Ugh.

Quick Reply: cd led light strip opinions