2014-2023 Touring Models This Section Is For Rushmore/2014-2023 Touring Models
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Play it safe or pay the premium? Pre-Rushmore vs. Rushmore

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2016 | 10:16 PM
Beaux
Road Warrior

Everyone is gonna say what they have is the way to go and this thread is in the "Rushmore Models" forum..... go figure

Old 03-29-2016 | 04:36 AM
RK_2014
Road Master

Originally Posted by Beaux
Everyone is gonna say what they have is the way to go and this thread is in the "Rushmore Models" forum..... go figure
Valid point but the OP is asking about the Rushmore and its merits to other Rushmore riders and get there opinions - where else would he post?

The following users liked this post:
Liberator (03-29-2016)
Old 03-29-2016 | 06:15 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member

Ride both, then decide.

Old 03-29-2016 | 06:39 AM
ultra_classic
Club Member

Originally Posted by Notgrownup
Ride both, then decide.
Not always possible, specially in Canada

Old 03-29-2016 | 06:41 AM
09 YELLOWBIRD
Grand HDF Member

Either model year bike that you have interest in, is going to be light years more advance then your 2001 Decue. Both platforms are the same.

They do differ in front forks, fairing, saddlebag handles, electronics, H2O heads, linked brakes (maybe more) and PAYMENT.

RIDE both and may I suggest buy "the most & newest bike that you can afford and live with."

Good Luck.

YB

Old 03-29-2016 | 07:07 AM
BlueBeast
Tourer

This is my 4th new Harley and first Rushmore bike ... I can honestly say it's the best HD I've had to date so far. My only two gripes are the liquid cooling and the stupid infotainment BOOM! audio whatever you want a call it. I love the wetheads, just wished they had gone 100% all the way with it and cooled the cylinders and whole head too instead of their half-azzed attempt. I'm old-school, could care less about gps and all the technical stuff nowadays and glitches that go along with it. I would've been perfectly happy with the radio/cd player I had in my old RGU for this bike, but you can't avoid technology ... and the majority wants all that crap so I just have to go with it. Other than those two things, I love mine and would never go backwards from the Rushmore.

Old 03-29-2016 | 07:51 AM
jpooch00
Elite HDF Member

IMO, the Rushmores are overall the best bikes the MOCO ever built.

Yeah, they still have glitches here and there, but that's what you'll always get with H-D's.

I wouldn't trade my '15 Limited, warts and all, for any other brand or model. I love it!

If you can find a wet-head that you like and can afford, I'd say go with that. If it's a '14, then try to get the extended warranty for peace of mind.

Good luck,

JP

Old 03-29-2016 | 07:55 AM
jpooch00
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by BlueBeast
This is my 4th new Harley and first Rushmore bike ... I can honestly say it's the best HD I've had to date so far. My only two gripes are the liquid cooling and the stupid infotainment BOOM! audio whatever you want a call it. I love the wetheads, just wished they had gone 100% all the way with it and cooled the cylinders and whole head too instead of their half-azzed attempt. I'm old-school, could care less about gps and all the technical stuff nowadays and glitches that go along with it. I would've been perfectly happy with the radio/cd player I had in my old RGU for this bike, but you can't avoid technology ... and the majority wants all that crap so I just have to go with it. Other than those two things, I love mine and would never go backwards from the Rushmore.
Totally agree with you.

I do, however, like the wet-head motor as it is (haven't had any problems - yet...).

As for the electronic googaws and gadgets, I have no use for them either, and I wish that they offered a Limited-model bike with all that crap left off of it.

Old 03-29-2016 | 07:59 AM
BILLL1121
Tourer

Like BlueBeast said. Ride both and then YOU decide. I traded a 2012 CVO Ultra for a 2014 Limited and enjoy riding it so much I just bought a 2016 CVO RGU. That's me you need to decide but IMO the Rushmore's are light years ahead of the 2012's and down..

Old 03-29-2016 | 08:15 AM
BlueBeast
Tourer

Originally Posted by jpooch00
Totally agree with you.

I do, however, like the wet-head motor as it is (haven't had any problems - yet...).

As for the electronic googaws and gadgets, I have no use for them either, and I wish that they offered a Limited-model bike with all that crap left off of it.
Don't get me wrong ... I love it the way it is too, just saying it could've been even better had they took the liquid cooling all the way instead of just around the exhaust valve. Just think how cool it would be to stroll into a traffic jam and leave it run like a jap cruiser and not have to worry about it cooking. It can be done and still have that nostalgic look and the MOCO knows it, they just choose to fatten their pockets instead.

Quick Reply: Play it safe or pay the premium? Pre-Rushmore vs. Rushmore