Sponsored by:

2 boom questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2016, 08:27 PM
dmize
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2 boom questions

- When I am in radio mode I like to be able to select stations using the Preset select option. (you hit the switch forward and it goes to your next saved station). However, when I am using a USB drive, this sucks and I have to go in and switch to scan mode.

Is there a better way to do this?

- Any word on if they are going to allow us to use Blue Tooth to connect 3rd party headsets (Sena)? Kinda a PITA that you cant.

D.

Old 03-10-2016, 08:34 PM
TcHunter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Are your settings set to seek?

Old 03-11-2016, 05:22 AM
Dsm Limited
Club Member
Received 9,594 Likes on 3,245 Posts

Originally Posted by dmize
- When I am in radio mode I like to be able to select stations using the Preset select option. (you hit the switch forward and it goes to your next saved station). However, when I am using a USB drive, this sucks and I have to go in and switch to scan mode.

- Any word on if they are going to allow us to use Blue Tooth to connect 3rd party headsets (Sena)? Kinda a PITA that you cant.

D.
Each function of the radio has its own settings. Radio stations can be set to seek or scan, usb drive can also be set. Check your individual settings.

In response to the Boom system being able to connect Bluetooth to a headset, no there is no way to accomplish this. The system does not have the ability or protocols to do this.

If you check threads by a member cpt_carrera, you'll find he has made this work with an aftermarket setup.

Old 03-11-2016, 05:10 PM
Wildon883R
Road Warrior
Received 81 Likes on 63 Posts

No issues. Media advances with a forward or back on the left toggle when you are playing music off the USB flash drive. Works the same when you are using the radio to change presets.

Old 03-11-2016, 06:52 PM
YPD485
Stellar HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 135 Posts

D.
Unfortunately, the way Harley designed the Boom system, yours is operating the correct way. They should have paid a little bit extra and designed it to have each source remember the individual settings. But they designed the system as cheaply as they could get away with.

Old 03-11-2016, 07:40 PM
dmize
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Dsm Limited
Each function of the radio has its own settings. Radio stations can be set to seek or scan, usb drive can also be set. Check your individual settings.

In response to the Boom system being able to connect Bluetooth to a headset, no there is no way to accomplish this. The system does not have the ability or protocols to do this.

If you check threads by a member cpt_carrera, you'll find he has made this work with an aftermarket setup.
Wish this was true, but its not what my unit is doing.

I just verified...

If I set it to PRESETS while using the RADIO it will cycle through my preset channels when I flip the button.

Then I switch to USB and I have to change it to SEEK to advance to the next song or reply the last one.

Old 03-11-2016, 09:13 PM
Dsm Limited
Club Member
Received 9,594 Likes on 3,245 Posts

Wish this was true, but its not what my unit is doing.

I just verified...

If I set it to PRESETS while using the RADIO it will cycle through my preset channels when I flip the button.

Then I switch to USB and I have to change it to SEEK to advance to the next song or reply the last one.
So are you saying that after you set the usb to seek and it's working like you want, if you go to radio and set it to presets, and go back to usb the seek setting isn't set anymore? ?

I'm going to have to check mine in the am

Old 03-12-2016, 08:10 AM
dmize
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Dsm Limited
So are you saying that after you set the usb to seek and it's working like you want, if you go to radio and set it to presets, and go back to usb the seek setting isn't set anymore? ?

I'm going to have to check mine in the am
correct...

Trust me, I hope I'm doing something wrong... but I've been messing with for almost a year... lol...

thank you for checking

D.

Old 03-12-2016, 08:58 AM
RG Pilot
Road Warrior
Received 301 Likes on 217 Posts

Keep it set at seek for your USB and then use your right side joystick to select your radio presets by selecting them on the screen. Easy.