Boom Software v1.19.2 3/10/2016

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2016, 01:25 PM
IUOE ROB
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 255 Likes on 182 Posts
Default Boom Software v1.19.2 3/10/2016

Starting a new thread because the original is 30 pages long, takes a long time to read through and find specific problems with the new update. Took my 2nd ride yesterday after the new update, first ride resulted in a long freeze-up of the system (was using Pandora through my phone), it corrected itself after sitting overnight in the garage. Yesterday I stuck with a Flash drive for music and B/T'ed the phone for calls only. Ride began with all my songs playing twice, I had to manually advance each song after one play. I went into setup and clicked "Shuffle" and that seemed to solve that problem. Went under a short overpass (maybe half a second) and screen dimmed, took 5-10 seconds to brighten, that happened a couple of times. Biggest issue was when programming a route, I set preferences to scenic and avoidance's to freeway and lost all verbal communication, music played and the screen displayed the route but no voice commands at all. On the way home I changed settings to highway and no avoidance's and verbal commands returned. Not sure why this happened, a new one for sure. I'm not one to complain, most issues I look at user (me!) error first but not sure why this happened. Good thing was every time the system shut off the music returned to USB where I had left off...not sure if this plus outweigh's the minuses though!

Old 03-10-2016, 07:26 PM
brandss
Road Captain
Received 21 Likes on 4 Posts

I did the upgrade last weekend and it went flawlessly. I don't seem to have the issues others have or I don't seem to notice or care if something hiccups. One thing that seems different, in a good way, is the music seems more crisp and can turn it up much louder.

I also hooked up my phone via bluetooth and that was easy (hadn't done this before). I now listen to my music via bluetooth through the speakers and listen to the gps and talk with my brothers on other bikes through my headset. What I wasn't prepared for the other day was that I got a phone call while riding. It was a buddy so I thought, what the heck, and answered. He had no idea I was on the highway doing 75. Obviously don't have any intention of making calls but it was cool to be able to do it.

The following users liked this post:
RickLB (03-10-2016)
Old 03-10-2016, 08:06 PM
SecondGear
Road Captain
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I can't tell if there are bugs in the software or my boom is going bad.

I use to wait for the boom to fully boot up before firing up the bike. Now when I fire up the bike, the radio starts it boot all over again.

Every time I turn it on, one or two of my favorites is greyed out. The next time it's a different song or two.

The phone still will occasionally produce sharp scratching sounds that will go away only after turning the bike off for a while.

My CB has never worked at all. It's 100% pure static. That's the only problem that I know the shop could look at because it happens all the time.

I wish the radio would fail completely so I could get it replaced. Every time I've had it in it works for them.

Old 03-10-2016, 09:17 PM
aturner
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For the most part, my update went fine. I've only found one glitch but it's a biggie for me.

My CB is causing my media to lock up. Before, I would listen to my music and when someone talked to me over the CB, it would pause the tunes while the CB was active. I'm not sure if it actually paused them or if it just cut the media audio out while the CB was in use. Then once the person stopped talking over the CB, the music would resume. Now it locks it up. I still see the track on the screen but the time isn't advancing and it isn't playing. The only way to fix it is to pull over and shut the bike off for a minute or to hit menu and hit scan twice. That option is kind of a pain though. The tracks advance a couple songs every time. If you really liked the track you were listening to, you need to scan back to it and it starts over. And my friends talk quite a bit. If it only happened once in a while, no big deal. But to constantly have to unlock it is a pain.

I'm hoping that I just couldn't find this issue before and that someone knows of a setting I might be missing. I've gone through the Boom manual and can't find anything.

Old 03-10-2016, 11:22 PM
Prairie Shark
Cruiser
Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

aturner,

Just curious what media you are using when that happens, or does it happen with anything selected?

Last edited by Prairie Shark; 03-10-2016 at 11:25 PM.
Old 03-10-2016, 11:35 PM
DesertCamper
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My dealer did this update about a month ago. Haven't had any real issues except for when I play music from Rhapsody. Doesn't interface very well for that with my iPhone and still no automatic text message response. But I don't feel bothered by these issues. I'm happy to listen to XM or broadcast radio.

Old 03-11-2016, 09:48 AM
mjohnson68
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok so I am trying to update my software and I insert the USB drive but nothing happens. Followed the instructions from the website about copying the files to the root of my drive and turned to "accessory" and then inserted the USB drive but nothing happens. I can see the light on the drive flash a couple times but that's it. My drive is a 64GB drive but haven't heard anyone say anything about the size of the drive...

Old 03-11-2016, 10:13 AM
Prairie Shark
Cruiser
Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by mjohnson68
Ok so I am trying to update my software and I insert the USB drive but nothing happens. Followed the instructions from the website about copying the files to the root of my drive and turned to "accessory" and then inserted the USB drive but nothing happens. I can see the light on the drive flash a couple times but that's it. My drive is a 64GB drive but haven't heard anyone say anything about the size of the drive...
Size of the drive is no issue, I use an 8GB drive. Did you unzip the file and only copy the .iso file to the stick?

Old 03-11-2016, 10:16 AM
hbsoldier3
Elite HDF Member

Received 797 Likes on 623 Posts

Originally Posted by mjohnson68
8 gig minimal so you are good there. Is the file the first one in the root directory of the drive?

Old 03-11-2016, 10:25 AM
mjohnson68
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yep I unzipped the files directly into the drive. And the drive was formatted and blank.

Quick Reply: Boom Software v1.19.2 3/10/2016