Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good price on 2016 Road Glide Special

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2016 | 08:38 PM
jd05flhtci
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Wildon883R
Your annoying me but i'll bite. The RG is designed more for riders of above average height 5'10 or taller. I'm 6'1. The SG is low and tailored for shorter riders. Harley seems to have this fixation with short people imo. Stock it has a rough ride and substandard wind protection. The RG has far superior handling in its aero package and lighting compared to any other hD touring bike. Fixed fairings remove the weight from the forks and bar equating to superior handling at any speed. The Road Glide Ultra is arguably the best touring bike that the MOCO makes period. I own the Special myself. The RGU was not in my price range. So the Road Glide offers better handling at any speed, better wind protection and better lighting so yeah its a better platform overall compared to the Street Glide. So what does a SG do better than a Road Glide? Nothing. Obviously that doesn't matter to most buyers and HD sells alot more Street Glides than Road Glides which i'm ok with. I'll pass a 100 bat wings this summer maybe 1000 to every RG this summer and i'm totally ok with that! I equate the SG to a Mustang and the RG to a Cadillac. Different strokes for different folks. I NEVER said the SG was a bad bike i just stated it offered the owner less than a Road Glide. I think the SG is a awesome bike overall. I just wanted more when i bought my Road Glide Special.
Your annoying me but i'll bite. The RG is designed more for riders of above average height 5'10 or taller. I'm 6'1. The SG is low and tailored for shorter riders.
Really? well that is what i having been saying and your far superior comment you been saying over and over are MATTER OF OPINION an opinion of a guy over 5'10" to the shorter guys your opinion is reversed. Maybe if you would say IMO instead stating FAR superior and stating biased opinions this topic would go away. In your opinion the RG is better in shorter guys the sg is better. Heck the last thread you started over the search for a RG you stated the a co worker said the RG was better then you bought online without riding and comparing the two. I am glad you like your bike and I like mine instead of arguing this to death lets hope for better weather and ride our sweet machines heck i would like to ride with you sometime

Last edited by jd05flhtci; 03-20-2016 at 08:41 PM.
Old 03-21-2016 | 08:20 AM
rslackde
2nd Gear

In Delaware they charge $385.00 for document fees, they will tell you it's a Harley Corp requirement. In PA there wasn't any document fee. Aren't they both Harley's?

Old 03-23-2016 | 07:30 AM
leftyjm
Road Warrior
Veteran: Air Force

Originally Posted by JMC22
Are they still making the Road Glide - lol
Do you ever have anything positive to say??? Get a life!
Lefty