Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good price on 2016 Road Glide Special

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2016 | 03:51 PM
Wildon883R
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by thealien
I guess you like to argue for the sake of arguing? I left the NH dealership for $22,500 which is $3000 less than MSRP and their fees (I posted the amounts in a previous post). I still paid their fees and was still out the door for $22,500 which is a pretty good deal. Not many I know are getting $3000 off. Yes I paid MA sales tax but didn't pay it to the dealer. I wouldn't have had to pay it at a MA dealer unless I financed, I didn't. No problem either way, enjoy your bike and ride safe!
MSRP is $23,999 for a 2016 RGS in Ohio without special paint, wheels , etc. That was my OTD price on a new 2016 RGS quote locally including tax and title fee's i.e. final TOTAL price. I bought a barely used 2015 with 3k miles for 20,136 OTD including TTL OTD. That saved me roughly $4000 bucks over new and i have a year warranty left. Thats a deal. It's not an argument its a fair assessment compared to us that pay the total price OTD including tax and title fees. I can assume that after you paid your NH tax that your total cost was around MSRP total which i consider a good deal. You did not get your bike for $22,500 OTD compared to the rest of us. Out the door means all costs included. You got it for 22,500 minus TTL. When you add it all up you paid near MSRP. The dealer still profited a couple grand off of both of us which is going on day by day with upgrades I just blew another 650 bucks this weekend for 4pt docking hardware, sissy bar and pad and high way pegs. Ride safe! You got an awesome bike!

Old 03-13-2016 | 05:09 PM
jd05flhtci
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Wildon883R
MSRP is $23,999 for a 2016 RGS in Ohio without special paint, wheels , etc. That was my OTD price on a new 2016 RGS quote locally including tax and title fee's i.e. final TOTAL price. I bought a barely used 2015 with 3k miles for 20,136 OTD including TTL OTD. That saved me roughly $4000 bucks over new and i have a year warranty left. Thats a deal. It's not an argument its a fair assessment compared to us that pay the total price OTD including tax and title fees. I can assume that after you paid your NH tax that your total cost was around MSRP total which i consider a good deal. You did not get your bike for $22,500 OTD compared to the rest of us. Out the door means all costs included. You got it for 22,500 minus TTL. When you add it all up you paid near MSRP. The dealer still profited a couple grand off of both of us which is going on day by day with upgrades I just blew another 650 bucks this weekend for 4pt docking hardware, sissy bar and pad and high way pegs. Ride safe! You got an awesome bike!
Technically he got it for 22500 OTD. He left the dealer at 22500 that is out the door lol. You both got good deals in your parts of the country not worth arguing over who got better deal. A good deal is what makes the purchaser happy

Old 03-13-2016 | 06:18 PM
Lo 1
Road Captain

I always love these threads on "Great Deals". No one ever shows the dealer paperwork to verify what they say. Until that happens I'm not buying the story. I've got almost 20 Harley dealers within a 100 mile radius to me and they all have that rehearsed bullshit pitch about how the MSRP is what the Harley shareholders expect the bike to be sold for. I went armed with what actual invoice prices are for new bikes and they still argue with you that those prices are false. On a touring bike the dealer is making nearly 6K on the purchase and that does not include the bullshit extra charges they add. So if you get a bike cheap and you come here to brag about it then post up and show it.

Old 03-13-2016 | 06:35 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member

Out the Door Price is not a figure made up to provide fair comparison with others on the internet. It's simply the price you pay to go out the door... as mentioned a bunch of times.

Your OTD may be different than mine in my state. It's expected and not a problem. If you want to compare a number, compare the number without tax/title etc.

I'm happy the OP got a good deal.

Old 03-13-2016 | 06:42 PM
Dsm Limited
Club Member
Riders Club Member

Mines not a rgs but rather a limited. Mine stickered for $26,599.00. I paid $26,194.43 out the door. Literally otd, with frt, setup, tax, title, license, and doc fee.

The bike alone they discounted to $23,099.00. This equates to 3500 off. I was happy with my deal. Oh BTW here's the paperwork.

The following users liked this post:
Lo 1 (03-13-2016)
Old 03-13-2016 | 07:25 PM
vizcarmb
Stellar HDF Member

Start with MSRP then if they dont take it leave

Old 03-13-2016 | 07:46 PM
Wildon883R
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Dsm Limited
Mines not a rgs but rather a limited. Mine stickered for $26,599.00. I paid $26,194.43 out the door. Literally otd, with frt, setup, tax, title, license, and doc fee.

The bike alone they discounted to $23,099.00. This equates to 3500 off. I was happy with my deal. Oh BTW here's the paperwork.

I was quoted $26,300 OTD for a 2016 Road Glide Ultra which is basically sticker price which included tax and title i.e. write the check and take it home paid off. With that being said the dealer wouldn't lose much money at all . Profit is profit. Only fools pay above MSRP total price which are those that usually have little to no down and finance for 7+ years or more. Your bill of sale shows another $2700 bucks taxes and fees toward the final bike price plus the $23,099 which brings your cost to around $26.8k minus some change.. People need to understand that out the door a dealer makes a decent profit. They make a better profit on those that don't have cash and have to finance in the long run. Its not really an awesome deal unless you can take a new bike home under MSRP no matter how you try to justify your savings. And for the record the Limited is not a RG.

There is no such thing as literally out the door my friend. OTD is final price including all charges. You can't eliminate tax, title and all other fees and call it out the door pricing from a total cost perspective.

Old 03-13-2016 | 07:47 PM
Wildon883R
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by vizcarmb
Start with MSRP then if they dont take it leave
You seem to understand what a good deal is on a new bike. The majority try to justify over paying in the end lol.

Old 03-13-2016 | 08:01 PM
steelerdude1
Grand HDF Member

I bought my 2015 vivid black RG standard (base no extras) for $18972 out the door. No prep, no freight, 3k off MSRP, + tax and tags.

I'm pretty sure there are still some 15's out there if your lookin to save some dough.

Old 03-13-2016 | 08:08 PM
Dsm Limited
Club Member
Riders Club Member

Originally Posted by Wildon883R
I was quoted $26,300 OTD for a 2016 Road Glide Ultra which is basically sticker price which included tax and title i.e. write the check and take it home paid off. With that being said the dealer wouldn't lose much money at all . Profit is profit. Only fools pay above MSRP total price which are those that usually have little to no down and finance for 7+ years or more. Your bill of sale shows another $2700 bucks taxes and fees toward the final bike price plus the $23,099 which brings your cost to around $26.8k minus some change.. People need to understand that out the door a dealer makes a decent profit. They make a better profit on those that don't have cash and have to finance in the long run. Its not really an awesome deal unless you can take a new bike home under MSRP no matter how you try to justify your savings. And for the record the Limited is not a RG.

There is no such thing as literally out the door my friend. OTD is final price including all charges. You can't eliminate tax, title and all other fees and call it out the door pricing from a total cost perspective.
I understand a limited is not a rgs, hence the reason I called that out in my opening sentence. You may want to use a calculator, if you add all the charges on that invoice the total is like I said, $26194.43. That was the true, final otd including all tax title and license, fees and transfers. My deal was under MSRP, out the door. Literally

Quick Reply: Good price on 2016 Road Glide Special