Odometer reset quit working..

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2016, 09:12 AM
jpooch00
Elite HDF Member
Received 267 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by lp
Burn. Best line in this whole thread. lol

You're doing it again. Making up crap to complain about. Lame jpooch.
Use the "ignore" function if you don't like what I have to say.

Facts are facts.

Old 02-27-2016, 09:55 AM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,855 Likes on 1,601 Posts

Originally Posted by jpooch00
Use the "ignore" function if you don't like what I have to say.

Facts are facts.
Those are no where near facts. It's your opinion. It's my opinion that one poorly designed switch pack/button that was introduced just two years ago does not qualify for the comment, "Yeah, for the past 110 years or so the MOCO hasn't been able to design waterproof switches. Pretty lame". Obviously they can and have since broken buttons are not a typical nor daily complaint here on HDF.

If you wanna cry and whine about stuff like a widdle baby find something worth whining about.

Old 02-27-2016, 10:02 AM
vizcarmb
Stellar HDF Member
Received 553 Likes on 381 Posts

What's the build date on your bike.? Could be a batch of bad bikes made. If you were one of those suckers that bought a 2015 on 2014 and wanted the lastest and greatest, then you are the guinea pigs and probably derserve it. If your bike was one of those recalled bikes then there is probably a correlation between the two with the bad switches.

The problem with forums like these is that there are certain details that are left out so we have to assume you didn't do some common sense things like cover the switches when washing your bike. Then all of a sudden you get all sensitive from what I said.

Yes, I clearly understand that heavy rain shouldn't affect it but it's different from using a hose and spraying directly

High-speed lol you must be those Moron moto military guys that have been brain washed. As a veteran I steer clear from people like you. Yuuuut!!!!!

Ok let's hear you comeback. I can feel it in the air. High speed low drag

Last edited by vizcarmb; 02-27-2016 at 10:29 AM.
Old 02-27-2016, 10:14 PM
gpeake13j
Cruiser
Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

To answer questions Its an 15' production if I'm reading the VIN correctly. Bought in late May of 15'. It did have the clutch and bag recalls.

I'm never sensitive, I just don't take ****. Moron moto military guys? Steer clear from people like me?

I've been on motorcycles since I was 17. Before the ultra, i had a 06' FXDB which I put 74k miles on. Before that I rode a 70' T120 hardtail until I joined and got rid of..

What makes you a veteran? The problem with forums like these is that there are certain details that are left out so we have to assume. Just being in the military? Vietnam vet ? Fat as **** and sit on your couch now? Maybe did your four years? Disdain for the military because you were a ******** and couldn't handle it and got seemed by the that green dick on a daily basis? Deploy and not do ****? Get called high speed a lot? Feel like I hit a nerve there.

Old 02-27-2016, 10:16 PM
gpeake13j
Cruiser
Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

All I wanted to do was bitch about my switch not working, and see if it was a common occurrence.

Old 02-28-2016, 07:01 AM
jpooch00
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by lp
Those are no where near facts. It's your opinion. It's my opinion that one poorly designed switch pack/button that was introduced just two years ago does not qualify for the comment, "Yeah, for the past 110 years or so the MOCO hasn't been able to design waterproof switches. Pretty lame". Obviously they can and have since broken buttons are not a typical nor daily complaint here on HDF.

If you wanna cry and whine about stuff like a widdle baby find something worth whining about.
What are you anyway? The chief MOCO fanboy, maybe?

That would be my guess, anyway.

Don't really care if you agree with what I have to say or not.

Again, the "ignore" function is there for you to use anytime I say something that hurts your delicate feelings.

Good luck and ride safe.

JP

Last edited by jpooch00; 02-28-2016 at 07:37 AM.
Old 02-28-2016, 07:31 AM
jpooch00
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by gpeake13j
To answer questions Its an 15' production if I'm reading the VIN correctly. Bought in late May of 15'. It did have the clutch and bag recalls.

I'm never sensitive, I just don't take ****. Moron moto military guys? Steer clear from people like me?

I've been on motorcycles since I was 17. Before the ultra, i had a 06' FXDB which I put 74k miles on. Before that I rode a 70' T120 hardtail until I joined and got rid of..

What makes you a veteran? The problem with forums like these is that there are certain details that are left out so we have to assume. Just being in the military? Vietnam vet ? Fat as **** and sit on your couch now? Maybe did your four years? Disdain for the military because you were a ******** and couldn't handle it and got seemed by the that green dick on a daily basis? Deploy and not do ****? Get called high speed a lot? Feel like I hit a nerve there.
Thank you for your service and sacrifices, Sir! Respect and best wishes to you.

I doubt if that derogatory post was made by a person that's ever done a damn thing that counts for anything, anyway. I also grew up during the 60's and saw how our returning Vietnam Vets were treated by some incredibly ignorant and stupid people. Disgraceful, to say the least! I'd have to guess that that post was made by one of those types. My advice would be to just ignore it.

To answer your question, yes, the switch packs on these bikes are sensitive to water because they are NOT waterproof. There are other threads attesting to various water-incursion-related switch pack failures on this and other H-D forums.

They also fail for other reasons, but getting water in them is definitely a way to kill them. It's weird that an exposed switch pack that's gonna be getting wet every time it's in the rain would be designed to be water-sensitive, but there you have it.

It seems like somebody had a similar problem and fixed it by flooding the switch pack with WD-40. I may be mistaken about that, though.

Stay safe,

JP

Last edited by jpooch00; 02-28-2016 at 07:52 AM.
Old 02-28-2016, 07:33 AM
Frank the Real Biker
Road Master
Received 855 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by gpeake13j
All I wanted to do was bitch about my switch not working, and see if it was a common occurrence.
2015 Ultra Classic here. When it had about 4,000 miles on it I was getting fuel and I pushed the button to clear the "A" tripometer. It reset, but instead of resetting to zero it switched to the miles on the odometer! Looked at the "B" tripometer and it, too, had been changed to the odometer's setting. All 3 were the same at that point. It hadn't been wet or in the rain. Hadn't done any work on it at all other than the 1K service. A 100% virgin bike. Next time I got fuel I reset the "A" tripometer and it worked as designed. Same with "B." It has never done it since. 15K miles on it so far.

FWIW

Old 02-28-2016, 07:42 AM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 2,250 Likes on 1,641 Posts

Originally Posted by vizcarmb
High-speed lol you must be those Moron moto military guys that have been brain washed. As a veteran I steer clear from people like you. Yuuuut!!!!!

Ok let's hear you comeback. I can feel it in the air. High speed low drag
Why even go there...if you're military and/or vet, you don't "dig" on other military. OP simply wanted to see if his issue was a "trend" and now we're bashing Moco...military...Bambi...when does it end...??

Anyway, for OP's sake, my 09 & 03 switches still work flawlessly. Take 'er in and I'm sure the dealer will repair.

Old 02-28-2016, 07:47 AM
jpooch00
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Frank the Real Biker
2015 Ultra Classic here. When it had about 4,000 miles on it I was getting fuel and I pushed the button to clear the "A" tripometer. It reset, but instead of resetting to zero it switched to the miles on the odometer! Looked at the "B" tripometer and it, too, had been changed to the odometer's setting. All 3 were the same at that point. It hadn't been wet or in the rain. Hadn't done any work on it at all other than the 1K service. A 100% virgin bike. Next time I got fuel I reset the "A" tripometer and it worked as designed. Same with "B." It has never done it since. 15K miles on it so far.

FWIW
My '15 Limited did that a couple of times too. It seems to be a booting-up issue when the bike is turned on. Mine also fixed itself the next time I turned the ignition off and re-started it.

Last edited by jpooch00; 02-28-2016 at 07:54 AM.

Quick Reply: Odometer reset quit working..