Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boom Stage II

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2016, 03:10 PM
Rhettm
Cruiser
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Ok. One more question as I wait for Bill to return my call. I spoke with Bethany (I think) at BT. She said that they were using Alpine SPR-60's for the rear speakers. I think she said that their speakers didn't fit the enclosures in the back seat. She said I should order them myself online. My question is are these what everyone else is using for rear speakers? As I look at the specs for these particular speakers, I don't see any indication that they are weather resistant.

Thanks again

Old 02-25-2016, 03:18 PM
hbsoldier3
Elite HDF Member

Received 797 Likes on 623 Posts

Originally Posted by Rhettm
Ok. One more question as I wait for Bill to return my call. I spoke with Bethany (I think) at BT. She said that they were using Alpine SPR-60's for the rear speakers. I think she said that their speakers didn't fit the enclosures in the back seat. She said I should order them myself online. My question is are these what everyone else is using for rear speakers? As I look at the specs for these particular speakers, I don't see any indication that they are weather resistant.

Thanks again
Alpine SPR-60's for the rear speakers, those will drop right in the TP pods. I had them then I upgraded to Arc Moto's 602's, which require Adapters by V-Twin audio. The SPR 60's sound great and you can pick them up for a little over $100 bucks on Amazon. The Arc Moto upgrade is $350 minimum.
Below are install links for BT stuff,

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/audio...-a-newbie.html

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/audio...180-is-in.html

Old 02-25-2016, 03:21 PM
hbsoldier3
Elite HDF Member

Received 797 Likes on 623 Posts

Originally Posted by Rhettm

Thanks again
Start a thread in the Audio Forum about what you want to do. I guarantee you will get all kinds of support.

Old 02-25-2016, 04:08 PM
Rhettm
Cruiser

I will. Thanks for the info.

Old 02-25-2016, 07:03 PM
CR3999
Road Captain
Received 119 Likes on 80 Posts

What ever you DO NOT BUY HOGTUNES!!!! I made that mistake. Went through three sets of speakers and I'm on the fourth amp. Threw the speakers away on my 10. Still have the amp, the last one has been in there for about a year and a half.

Old 02-26-2016, 10:01 AM
Bearcat1
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Pulling my Boom 2 system out this weekend and installing a Biketronics package. Guess that says it all. Just could not get the Boom 2 to my liking and I finally gave up. The flashing is a PITA when you are having to work through issues. Good luck with whatever you choose.

Old 02-26-2016, 02:21 PM
Rhettm
Cruiser

I'll take any pics and advice about the install you have. I'm looking forward to hearing how it turns out. I'm ordering mine next week.

Thanks
Rhett

Old 02-26-2016, 08:13 PM
Radiochris
Advanced
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Take a look at this: http://www.lawabidingbiker.com/harleyaudiocomparison/
This is a great site. The guy does good work.

Old 02-26-2016, 09:14 PM
skibum0607
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Radiochris
Take a look at this: http://www.lawabidingbiker.com/harleyaudiocomparison/
This is a great site. The guy does good work.
Sorry to disagree... but I wouldn't call this a serious Harley audio review. Just because you review a bunch of free stuff some companies send you doesn't make it a "best Harley audio system" review. This guy does have some good videos (if you can look past all the self-promotional advertising) but please don't make any decision based on this video.

I had the same questions and confusion that you did but decided on the complete Biketronics package based on a lot of great advice from the Audio forum here and after talking with the folks at BT and I couldn't be happier. Just talk to Bill at BT, like others have indicated here. You won't regret it.

This thread might help too....
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/audio...-a-newbie.html

Last edited by skibum0607; 02-27-2016 at 07:10 PM.
Old 02-27-2016, 02:34 PM
chrisg81983
Road Captain
Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts

Biketronics makes awesome audio components I had it installed in my prior bike....I myself went with the boom audio. I got it new at 30 percent off at Lancaster Harley while i was at Harley open house in York pa. My main concern when shopping around was ease of install while neatness of wiring, and of course overall sound. I got all three with the boom it took me about 2 hrs to install and sounds awesome. I rarely ride under 75 on highway and can hear it clear as day. You need to do some shopping before you make your decision. Here on forum there is a ton of info just sift through it wisely.

Good luck
Chris

Quick Reply: Boom Stage II