Sponsored by:

Side Tone, Is It Back?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2016, 02:56 PM
Tanker2
Road Captain
Received 56 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Side Tone, Is It Back?

This has been ask in the New Boom Software Update Thread several times. It's never been answered. Does anyone know if the latest update for the Boom Info system addresses the lose of the Side Tone. Side tone is being able to hear yourself talk when you transmit on the intercom or CB. I really like it. If you don't have it, you don't know if your yelling or even transmitting. Had it on my other two bikes, but not on my 2015 Limited. I want it back.

Old 02-16-2016, 04:18 PM
RG Pilot
Road Warrior
Received 301 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by Tanker2
This has been ask in the New Boom Software Update Thread several times. It's never been answered. Does anyone know if the latest update for the Boom Info system addresses the lose of the Side Tone. Side tone is being able to hear yourself talk when you transmit on the intercom or CB. I really like it. If you don't have it, you don't know if your yelling or even transmitting. Had it on my other two bikes, but not on my 2015 Limited. I want it back.
Me too. It's very useful. I'm used to it in aviation headsets and would be lost without it. I haven't ridden since the new update but I guess I could put my helmet on in the garage and try it...too lazy I guess. I may try it tonight and I'll post what I find.

Old 02-16-2016, 05:01 PM
goose222
Road Master
Received 140 Likes on 79 Posts

I thought I went through every menu after the new update and I saw nothing about side note. Is that an automatic thing or something you need yo choose in the menu?

Old 02-16-2016, 05:08 PM
Hammz
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 580 Likes on 419 Posts

Originally Posted by Tanker2
Since we're still down for winter here, I haven't yet done the download. However, there is a work around to get sidetone signal equivalent:
  • turn on intercom
  • select headset output for intercom
  • turn intercom sensitivity all the way down so it will only activate using the PTT
  • use PTT to activate, then adjust intercom volume to a comfortable level
  • turn on your CB & give it a try

Old 02-16-2016, 05:09 PM
GTK
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 579 Likes on 414 Posts

Hope they got rid of it or made it a option for the ones that want to hear themselves talk.

Old 02-16-2016, 06:20 PM
RG Pilot
Road Warrior
Received 301 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by GTK
Hope they got rid of it or made it a option for the ones that want to hear themselves talk.
It has nothing to do with hearing yourself talk. It lets you know if you're transmitting and if you are, clearly or not. There was an option under the diagnostic menu that allowed for the volume of side tone so you could have turned it off there.

Old 02-16-2016, 07:52 PM
YPD485
Stellar HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 135 Posts

I used the cb over the weekend with the latest update and it had no side tone. Which is fine by me since I don't need to hear myself talk.

Old 02-16-2016, 08:40 PM
FlyingSkeet
Road Captain
Received 85 Likes on 61 Posts

Just had the shop update my stereo and bike Friday and the side tone is there.I asked about it before the update and they said they knew nothing about it. When I picked up my bike it still had side tone and still jumps out of blue tooth to the radio then my ring tones. Frig'n annoying.

Old 02-17-2016, 07:05 AM
jpooch00
Elite HDF Member
Received 267 Likes on 226 Posts
Talking Make it gender-specific!

Originally Posted by GTK
Women, especially, would LOVE to have that option!!!

Old 02-17-2016, 11:06 AM
MilesOfTexas
Road Warrior
Received 159 Likes on 128 Posts

With the CB PTT such a PITA to hold in while trying to hold the throttle steady, I definitely like the side tone. It lets me know when I don't have the PTT just right. I would like to have the side tone back as well.

Quick Reply: Side Tone, Is It Back?