Sponsored by:

USB / Favorite

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2016, 10:03 AM
RobertBasil
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default USB / Favorite

I have my #3 favorite going to my USB dongle. The problem is it always goes back to the same song. I'd like for it to continue on the song that I last listened to.

Any way to do this?

Looked all through the manual and here on the forums but can't find anything.

Old 02-16-2016, 09:26 PM
RobertBasil
5th Gear

96 views and nobody?

So I'm guessing this is not possible with the current system?

Old 02-16-2016, 09:58 PM
sammer4u
Tourer
Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

No idea what your asking. I listen to my usb thumb drive on my 15 ultra and at start-up it starts where it left off at. But I have no clue if that is what you're asking

Old 02-16-2016, 10:16 PM
RobertBasil
5th Gear

Originally Posted by sammer4u
No idea what your asking. I listen to my usb thumb drive on my 15 ultra and at start-up it starts where it left off at. But I have no clue if that is what you're asking
I have three different favorites. The first two are radio stations. The third is my USB thumb drive. If I listen to my thumb drive, then switch favorites to one of my radio stations if I click back on the favorite for my thumb drive it does not continue to play where it left off, instead it starts over again at the first song.

Old 02-16-2016, 10:33 PM
cpbedor
Road Warrior
Received 236 Likes on 170 Posts

Ive never been able to figure out the favorite button to be honest. I just keep it on SiriusXM and my phone connects via BT. I have a USB stuck in there but rarely access it, sorry! Let us know if you figure it out.

One thing would be to make sure you are running the newest software on the Boom system. One was released a month ago, theres a thread here on it and it supposedly fixed several issues.

Old 02-16-2016, 10:52 PM
RG Pilot
Road Warrior
Received 301 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by RobertBasil
I have three different favorites. The first two are radio stations. The third is my USB thumb drive. If I listen to my thumb drive, then switch favorites to one of my radio stations if I click back on the favorite for my thumb drive it does not continue to play where it left off, instead it starts over again at the first song.
That's because you assigned that Favorite key to a specific song on the stick as opposed to just the stick.

Old 02-16-2016, 10:56 PM
RobertBasil
5th Gear

Originally Posted by '14 Limited
That's because you assigned that Favorite key to a specific song on the stick as opposed to just the stick.
How do I assign it to the stick itself and not a particular song?

Thanks!

Old 02-16-2016, 10:58 PM
RobertBasil
5th Gear

Originally Posted by cpbedor
One thing would be to make sure you are running the newest software on the Boom system. One was released a month ago, theres a thread here on it and it supposedly fixed several issues.
Just bought my Street Glide standard 2 weeks ago so I'll have to check out how to do that. Thanks!

Old 02-16-2016, 11:54 PM
RG Pilot
Road Warrior
Received 301 Likes on 217 Posts

I'd have to go to my bike to be sure but try having the tuner going, then go to the Favorite screen, then holld down the Favorite key that you want the media to go to. I believe it will give you the option to select one of the sources and one of those being Media. Select it. Or, try playing the Media and do the same thing. I know it works because I've done it one of those two ways. I found it best to program the hard Favorite key on the faceplate to Media. Then when you select it, it will go to where it left off and you can use the presets under media for your playlists. As you said, it's rather pointless to have either Favorite key go to a specific song. Look in the manual too under programming Favorites. I saw it there a long time ago.
Also, make sure you have the latest update because the Favorite hard key supposedly got fixed. It did on mine finally.

Last edited by RG Pilot; 02-16-2016 at 11:57 PM.
Old 02-17-2016, 08:01 AM
RobertBasil
5th Gear

Thanks! I'll give that a try tonight.

Quick Reply: USB / Favorite