2014-2023 Touring Models This Section Is For Rushmore/2014-2023 Touring Models
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hammock seat 52000177 or Mean City Cycle mod?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2016, 07:00 PM
Litterbox
Tourer
Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Deuce/Ultra
I am not satisfied with the modification Mean City completed on my stock ultra seat.
Please explain in what way?? Comfort, customer service, quality?????? Thanks.

Old 02-02-2016, 07:29 PM
sharps45100
Cruiser
Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

I had my seat reworked by mean city and the wife hates the double decker. So we tried the hammock from our dealer and we bought the heated hammock. Wife loves it and it sits me higher some but not back any further. Very comfy but if you can get a demo hammock to try then you can see if its the one for you

Old 02-02-2016, 08:18 PM
bradsULtd
HDF Community Team
Received 530 Likes on 379 Posts

I have the non-heated Hammock on my ltd...no more pain!

Old 02-06-2016, 12:54 PM
TestingJohn
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got 8" of snow yesterday, so went to the dealership today to dream of summer They don't have demo seats, or one of these in stock, but they said they would order me one if I wanted, and if after a short ride I didn't like it they would take it back. I just don't know when I will be able to ride it.

There was some disagreement over whether it would it with my existing adjustable backrest. One parts guy said it would, the other said it wouldn't. Doesn't give me a lot of confidence when the parts guys can't even tell me if I need a new backrest or not.

I think I have landed on trying out the hammock seat. If it doesn't fit, or I don't like it, I feel confident that the Harley shop will take it back.

Thanks everyone for your input, I truly appreciate it!

Old 02-06-2016, 01:01 PM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 74,396 Likes on 22,397 Posts

Originally Posted by Deuce/Ultra
I am not satisfied with the modification Mean City completed on my stock ultra seat.

I wasn't either.
Minimal at best.

Old 02-06-2016, 01:18 PM
dspencer
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think the design of the newer seats is not as easy to work for by MCC ..at least they were upfront with me before sending in. The seating area is more comfortable but they are limited in being able to move you back some due to the design. I picked up a heated CVO hammock off a forum member here and love it. I do think the adjustable back rests are not the best suited for the hammock but I know there are some on this site that have made them work and are happy with them. Maybe do a search...Good luck.

Old 02-06-2016, 03:53 PM
Dsm Limited
Received 9,201 Likes on 3,180 Posts

Mine has a Hammock and the adjustable backrest.

I did however modify my backrest bracket to better accommodate the Hammock seat. I put 1/4" bushings between the lower mounting bracket and frame. This essentially tipped the the bracket back, making the receiver centered in the seat opening. It now no longer runs the front of that opening.

Old 02-24-2016, 11:58 AM
TestingJohn
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you everyone. I pulled the trigger on a hammock seat. It did set me back a bit, so I installed Khrome Werks +2 narrow sweeper bars, which puts the bars right were they need to be with this seat.

DSM Limited, thank you for your backrest solution. It was pushing on the back of the seat, but once I installed the spacer it fits perfect. took a little bending to get it all to fit, but I am extremely happy with the end result.

Now I just have to wait for spring

Thanks again to everyone for your help and advice.

Old 02-24-2016, 12:07 PM
vizcarmb
Stellar HDF Member
Received 553 Likes on 381 Posts

Depends how fat you are. I have the 14 and up hammock seat and Im fine with it. Im not fat so I can place my *** anywhere from the front of the seat to the back of the rider seat. If your fatass is fat, then you *** will be placed it in the back cause your *** is too fat.

Like someone said here earlier. The only difference is that the seat sits higher than stock. My 2015 Road King stock seat sits lower than the Hammock. I dont think it puts your further back. Depending on how much a fatass you are.

Old 02-24-2016, 02:08 PM
RSDUDA
Road Captain
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

ah yes the wretched stock Harley touring seat I was in tears after 150 miles , so I took out a demo heated Hammock the built in suspension is very nice but my limited rides nice and does not need any more suspension it needs a comfortable seat and the heated hammock is not $800 worth of comfort , so sundowner heated demo I felt it was a comfortable seat and I could develop a callus for the seat but my wife hated it so I had a Corbin on my last bike now I have a heated Corbin full set up and I am never going back it is a hard seat and will take some getting used to but I have 23000 miles on my limited in the north east and many days over 500 miles , a 862 mile day and a 1032 mile day all on a corbin just my 2 cents for what it's worth

Quick Reply: Hammock seat 52000177 or Mean City Cycle mod?