Old 02-04-2016 | 06:59 PM
IdahoHacker
Club Member
Veteran: Army

Originally Posted by Ozbernie
Thanks and appreciated. The new non USA software update loaded up no problem. 👍
Originally Posted by azgrumbles
Sorry if this has been asked before.

Why do I need an 8gb usb drive when the file is only 1gb?
I assume it's working room for writing back and forth between the USB drive and the radio.

Old 02-04-2016 | 08:23 PM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor

Probably a compressed file that uncompresses on the fly.

__________________________________________________ ____
For ROCKOUT information & purchasing please click the links below...

Also on amazon.com...
Imitated, never equaled... ROCKOUTS!

Old 02-04-2016 | 08:26 PM
IdahoHacker
Club Member
Veteran: Army

Originally Posted by ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Probably a compressed file that uncompresses on the fly.

__________________________________________________ ____
For ROCKOUT information & purchasing please click the links below...
Nope, it's a .zip file when you download it from HD, but if you don't uncompress (extract) it before you try the upgrade, it won't work.

So, it's already uncompressed when you start.

Old 02-04-2016 | 08:38 PM
azgrumbles
Road Captain

Originally Posted by IdahoHacker
I assume it's working room for writing back and forth between the USB drive and the radio.
That's kinda what I thought. I had a 4gb stick but I went ahead and got a 32gb one to be safe. Now I'm ready for future updates too. My new update went fine.

Old 02-04-2016 | 08:59 PM
THE PEG
Road Master

Just did the update. I will see how it works soon.

Old 02-04-2016 | 11:38 PM
RG Pilot
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by duckbagger
Just did the update, everything seemed to go just fine. The first thing I did was try the hard favorite key. It used to be it wouldn't retain its memory after an ignition cycle. Now it just won't set at all. Crap.
Mine worked perfectly after the update. How are you trying to program it?

Old 02-05-2016 | 04:25 AM
cycle7447
Seasoned HDF Member

Guys - like others, I am glad to hear things are working fine.

Here in Michigan, my bike is in storage at the dealership - so, it will be late April before I pull it out and have in back in my garage. I've already downloaded the software and have it ready to install.

My dealer, ABC Harley, here in Michigan, is pretty good and chances are - when they take the bike from storage, they will update it anyway.

Old 02-05-2016 | 09:34 AM
duckbagger
Road Captain

Originally Posted by '14 Limited
Mine worked perfectly after the update. How are you trying to program it?
Hold favorite button until "Select Favorite" screen comes up. Select with right toggle for a couple of seconds (no beep like favorites on the home menu). Release toggle, screen goes off, no memory.

Old 02-05-2016 | 10:49 AM
RG Pilot
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by duckbagger
Hold favorite button until "Select Favorite" screen comes up. Select with right toggle for a couple of seconds (no beep like favorites on the home menu). Release toggle, screen goes off, no memory.
If you're not already trying it like this, try playing whatever media you want to save then try programming it. If you have more than one Media connected, Bluetooth and USB for example, hold Favorite till you see the options and there should be the song you're listening to, Tuner, and Media. If you select Media and hold it, it should then go to whichever Media you have plugged in (or both if you have USB and Bluetooth), then select one those and it should be programmed. Programming it to a specific Media rather than just a song or playlist is best and once you go to a different source or shut the bike down, it will bring you to wherever it was playing when you left off when you hit Favorite again. Also try programming it to a Tuner station or just Tuner in general just to see if that works. It is in the manual too.

Last edited by RG Pilot; 02-05-2016 at 10:57 AM.
Old 02-05-2016 | 01:13 PM
duckbagger
Road Captain

Originally Posted by '14 Limited
If you're not already trying it like this, try playing whatever media you want to save then try programming it. If you have more than one Media connected, Bluetooth and USB for example, hold Favorite till you see the options and there should be the song you're listening to, Tuner, and Media. If you select Media and hold it, it should then go to whichever Media you have plugged in (or both if you have USB and Bluetooth), then select one those and it should be programmed. Programming it to a specific Media rather than just a song or playlist is best and once you go to a different source or shut the bike down, it will bring you to wherever it was playing when you left off when you hit Favorite again. Also try programming it to a Tuner station or just Tuner in general just to see if that works. It is in the manual too.
Yeah tried all that. I'll mess with it more later.

Quick Reply: Boom Software v1.19.2 2/1/2016