2014-2023 Touring Models This Section Is For Rushmore/2014-2023 Touring Models
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boom Software v1.19.2 2/1/2016

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2016 | 11:37 AM
steelerdude1
Grand HDF Member

Got mine done today with no issues. I snapped some pics of the process, hope this helps show how to do the update

Click download from the appropriate radio

Click extract, and save to your desktop.

Insert your USB drive and move so you can see the update file on your desktop

Drag from desktop to usb folder

Turn ignition to accessory and after the radio boots up and you accept the warning Insert the USB drive into bike.

Radio will ask if you want to proceed, click yes, and the upload will begin

When complete, you will see a screen prompting you to remove the USB drive

Last edited by steelerdude1; 02-03-2016 at 11:47 AM.
Old 02-03-2016 | 01:13 PM
wevsspot
Tourer

I installed the update last night as well. All went accordingly to plan. It appears to have fixed the issue of the radio always defaulting to FM when turning the bike back on (I have two other media devices - phone and USB drive). And regardless of what media source I was listening to when shutting off the bike, the radio always went back to the same source when I turned the bike back on.

It can still take an annoying long time for the "Accept" screen to come up, and that problem seems worse since installing an AMP upgrade.

The FAV soft switch on the radio faceplate (4.3 radio) is still quirky and doesn't always want to bring up my three media sources on the screen, or it takes a while for it to happen.

If anyone has any issues after updating the software, it doesn't hurt to do a factory reset after the software update. Many times that will clear things right up.

Old 02-03-2016 | 02:28 PM
RG Pilot
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by wevsspot
I installed the update last night as well. All went accordingly to plan. It appears to have fixed the issue of the radio always defaulting to FM when turning the bike back on (I have two other media devices - phone and USB drive). And regardless of what media source I was listening to when shutting off the bike, the radio always went back to the same source when I turned the bike back on.

It can still take an annoying long time for the "Accept" screen to come up, and that problem seems worse since installing an AMP upgrade.

The FAV soft switch on the radio faceplate (4.3 radio) is still quirky and doesn't always want to bring up my three media sources on the screen, or it takes a while for it to happen.

If anyone has any issues after updating the software, it doesn't hurt to do a factory reset after the software update. Many times that will clear things right up.
That Favorite button on the faceplate is one of the things that I've found super useful and it hasn't worked consistently right until this update. The only time it will show you all of your media sources is when you're programming it. You can program it for any one of the media sources such as iPod or phone and once programmed it will go to the place that the source was at when you left that source. Also you can program it for any Tuner band or station but that's pointless since you have preset keys for those that are easy to get to. You can also program it to a particular playlist in any one of the media sources so while you're listening to FM and you press the Favorite key, it will always start at the beginning of that playlist that you programmed it to. You can even program it to a particular song but not sure why anyone would want to. When you hold that key down while a media source is playing, that's when you choose what option you want stored to the Favorite key. What I like is when I'm listening to FM and want to change to my iPod, it's one press of the Favorite key and that's it. Otherwise you have to go to Home, Media, select which media, then select playlist.
It now works perfectly after this update. The MOCO told the dealer to change out the head unit on my Limited for a new one because it wasn't working right and the new one did the same thing. That's when they found out that there was a problem with that Favorite key and fixed it with this update.

Last edited by RG Pilot; 02-03-2016 at 02:36 PM.
Old 02-03-2016 | 05:05 PM
IUOE ROB
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

I'm 1200 miles away from my bike and this update has me kinda excited. I'm a "glass is half empty" kinda guy and reading all the posts I haven't read one negative, one "it took this away", "it slowed this down", NOTHING! Hope that trend continues, even though I'm in warmer climes I can't wait to get home and try it out, summer just around the corner!

Old 02-03-2016 | 06:00 PM
jammerx
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by '14 Limited
I can't believe it. They replaced my head unit because the "Favorite" hard key wouldn't go to media (as I had it programmed to do) after ignition cycle and the new head unit didn't work right either. They actually told me that they weren't aware of the problem but they would address it on the next update. Nice!!
is there instructions somewhere how to program the hard key?

Old 02-03-2016 | 06:16 PM
Ozbernie
Cruiser

Originally Posted by steelerdude1
Got mine done today with no issues. I snapped some pics of the process, hope this helps show how to do the update

Click download from the appropriate radio

Click extract, and save to your desktop.

Insert your USB drive and move so you can see the update file on your desktop

Drag from desktop to usb folder

Turn ignition to accessory and after the radio boots up and you accept the warning Insert the USB drive into bike.

Radio will ask if you want to proceed, click yes, and the upload will begin

When complete, you will see a screen prompting you to remove the USB drive
Thanks much appreciated.

Old 02-03-2016 | 06:18 PM
Ozbernie
Cruiser

Originally Posted by plasmadaddy
Yup, that's exactly the problem.

You need to use the "International" update in order for it to work.
Here's the link from the GB website - you'll see a "rest of the world version" which should work:
http://www.harley-davidson.com/conte...otainment.html

I had the same problem here in the UK a year or so ago!
Thanks and appreciated. The new non USA software update loaded up no problem. 👍

Old 02-03-2016 | 06:21 PM
JakeUSAF
Tourer

i just complete the up-date using a MAC it works fine. Something no one has said is where I live if I used the GPS time not user time. The clock was on eastern time not central time. Now it appears that is working correctly. Well at least when I put in GPS time it is correct now before it would jump 1 hour a head. I have not ridden into a different time zone yet to see if it corrects to the proper time.

Old 02-03-2016 | 06:23 PM
ChristoHD
Road Warrior

I did mine today - using a Mac - update went flawlessly. Just can't ride to test out some of the fixes...

Old 02-03-2016 | 06:25 PM
RG Pilot
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by jammerx
is there instructions somewhere how to program the hard key?
I mentioned it in a reply above but yah it's easy. Hold it down until the screen gives you the options then release it and select what you want it to be programmed to. It can be a media source like iPod or phone with a specific playlist or just to the specific media itself were it will pick up where you left off. You can also do an FM station. It worked before but it would loose it's memory once the ignition was cycled.

Quick Reply: Boom Software v1.19.2 2/1/2016